The Rangers Media

SteveJ

The problem is quite simply explained, and will hopefully soon resolve itself.

Rangers are in a dirty war at the moment, a war for control of the boardroom. Within the support, we have people who have firmly chosen sides, and made the decision to get down and dirty in the trenches on behalf of their favoured candidate(s). These people will spin, lie, abuse the other side, and occasionally even tell the truth when it comes to this battle, but they will rarely give ground. This is the same on both sides, it's a fact of war.

Now, here on RM we have a neutral stance and allow posters from either side to air their views. Those who say 'RM is pro-board/Green/Stockbridge/whoever' are frankly not paying attention. The fact that they are free to air this view and continue with their own war-cries puts the lie to his claim, even if nothing else did. RM as a board is not interested in taking sides, we supply a forum for debate. That's not to say we as an Admin team don't have our own opinions, but we all have different opinions.

A consequence of this is that this forum becomes a bit of a battleground, with both sides airing views, propaganda and bullshit with equal licence. Some can't contain their emotions, and it spills over into a bit of abuse.

Hopefully soon, we will have the AGM and the shareholders will decide who should lead the club forwards. I hope that whoever gets in is capable if doing what's required, and that whoever doesn't get in takes their defeat and leaves the board alone, so that the club can have some stability. Only after this will the bitching, in-fighting and abuse stop (or at least calm down a bit...).

Rangers are in a dirty war at the moment, a war for control of the boardroom. Within the support, we have people who have firmly chosen sides, and made the decision to get down and dirty in the trenches on behalf of their favoured candidate(s). These people will spin, lie, abuse the other side, and occasionally even tell the truth when it comes to this battle, but they will rarely give ground. This is the same on both sides, it's a fact of war.

Now, here on RM we have a neutral stance and allow posters from either side to air their views. Those who say 'RM is pro-board/Green/Stockbridge/whoever' are frankly not paying attention. The fact that they are free to air this view and continue with their own war-cries puts the lie to his claim, even if nothing else did. RM as a board is not interested in taking sides, we supply a forum for debate. That's not to say we as an Admin team don't have our own opinions, but we all have different opinions.

A consequence of this is that this forum becomes a bit of a battleground, with both sides airing views, propaganda and bullshit with equal licence. Some can't contain their emotions, and it spills over into a bit of abuse.

Hopefully soon, we will have the AGM and the shareholders will decide who should lead the club forwards. I hope that whoever gets in is capable if doing what's required, and that whoever doesn't get in takes their defeat and leaves the board alone, so that the club can have some stability. Only after this will the bitching, in-fighting and abuse stop (or at least calm down a bit...).

All true Peter. But the fact remains that on FF folk keep saying what RM's view is and vice versa.

Notwithstanding the fact that suggesting message boards with thousands of members all think alike about anything is simply nonsense, the fact remains that different 'sides' tend to be loudest or most common on each board.

But contrary to the commonly held view, both 'sides' get a voice on both fora.

From vaguely following issues on both boards the thing (apart from on pitch success) that most unites bears at the moment is that the McCanns are wrong uns.

You talk of a war, that reminds me of the old saying that truth is always the first casualty

Lads and Lassies, I joined RM many moons ago because I felt it had the balanced approach amongst fans and the discussions were on an adult level, with a high end of debate. I was not disappointed in that the love for Rangers was of paramount importance and that the members were welcoming, albeit a tad suspect on fakes.

Today see's the same people on site, who are still as articulate as ever, considerate to the cause and have the same overall goal - to see Rangers succeed on and off the pitch. We are still suspect to fake accounts from those who wish to see what the blue side are talking about, but we deal with that very well.

Do you sense a but, coming? Forgive me, there is one. The 'but', is to do with the in fighting on RM from existing members, new members and the members who have been on here since the web was officially opened by the US military! My question is WHY?

Rangers Media is not FF - I am sure we can all sigh a breath of relief at that! So why do we debate with proverbial attacks? Can we not just debate opinions, without calling each other a wanker or cunt?

Rangers are not too far away from stability; that I have no doubt. The AGM will allow the shareholders to choose the right option, as long as we do not allow the RST a major vote. With that in mind, can we stabilise RM and accept that members on here are actual Rangers fans who want a return to the playing field and UEFA trophies?

Let's discuss the club we love, with respect.

I actually see it a bit differently Steve, and a bit more positively regarding this forum.

As Bluepeter in his earlier post alludes to - we are in the middle of dirty war. Various factions are attempting to entice you to their way of thinking in the ultimate battle for hearts & minds.

I think it is testimony to the power of RM and its forum users that those driven by agendas feel the need to carry the battle into here.

In truth I'd be more worried if they felt we were insignificant enough to just forget about.

I think the site got to rock bottom when the mods allowed a thread title which essentially called PM a clown.

Regardless of the personal opinion of PM, those running the site should have changed the title as leaving it on was saying it's ok to abuse people.

Individial posts within threads are harder to moderate but this was in plain sight.

?????? Very odd choice of 'victim' to single out to make what is a valid point. Sadly I would say over the past two years our manager has had more vitriol aimed at him than PM. One is a Rangers legend the other a Rangers 'bellend'.

Edit: concur with BP's post.

A lot of good bears on here but there's a small minority of headcases who dominate each thread. People who are angry tend to shout loudest and these folk are definitely angry. Angry and utterly obsessed with Mark Dingwall, the Rangers Supporters Trust and anyone who dares associate with them.

unfortunately this place is a joke compared to how it used to be and it was long before PM started his shenanigans , think it's the toll of everything that has happened to us showing in a lot of our fans. Their lack of empathy and respect for other people's opinions is glaring, ask a question and they just revert to lashing out in case they get hurt again. They see enemies in every question and just want things to be quiet more than they care about right or wrong. Hopefully things will calm down now and it lets those who need it time to take a breath and relax.

If one group asking questions of another and using smeer tactics in a media we don't trust in anyway, is enough for you to forget how to behave and what is expected of those who represent Rangers then the problem lies within not with others. You need to learn how to control your emotions better. If you really want to fight our enemies then keep what makes us stronger than them close, it's what they fear.

Dignity, respect, intelligence and honesty. Keep our community strong.

WATP

Good question Steve.

For me personally, its down to the supporters of Green, Mather or Murray that constantly feel the need to promote their man (Translation: Ram it down our throats) whilst slagging off the others.

Whilst many on RM offer a balanced view, there are others that have the blinkers on.

My position - Its only about the Rangers.

Get a grip of yourself,people on this forum can think for themselves not like another

Rangers forum.

PM is a fucking clown though.

Who the fuck is PM?

The site is no different from any other football forum is that it is dominated by certain members who's whole social life revolves around the Internet. Over the years these types of posters dominate and cliques ate formed.

If you are a noob and you disagree with certain posters then your argument won't be heard.

RM has its highs and lows however its not moderated by the brightest at the moment. Anyone who thinks the loyalist thread won't end in tears is mental. Celebrating the UVF (not the original ) but the terrorist organization will not end well. The transparency of this site will be its downfall.

Who the fuck is PM?

The site is no different from any other football forum is that it is dominated by certain members who's whole social life revolves around the Internet. Over the years these types of posters dominate and cliques ate formed.

If you are a noob and you disagree with certain posters then your argument won't be heard.

RM has its highs and lows however its not moderated by the brightest at the moment. Anyone who thinks the loyalist thread won't end in tears is mental. Celebrating the UVF (not the original ) but the terrorist organization will not end well. The transparency of this site will be its downfall.

What the fuck are you on about? Lunatic.

?????? Very odd choice of 'victim' to single out to make what is a valid point. Sadly I would say over the past two years our manager has had more vitriol aimed at him than PM. One is a Rangers legend the other a Rangers 'bellend'.

Edit: concur with BP's post.

I was going to add Ally as an example as although I have read lots of abuse towards him within threads, I can't recall any name calling in a thread title but maybe you can prove me wrong?

I don't think we will get any stability on here if PM gets on the board as the hatred is that strong and people have backed against him and their egos won't allow this.

I want JM involved for his business skills and his cash at some point (medium to long term) and if that means PM is involved then so be it.

If PM doesn't get on the board, I won't really give a fuck about him especially if JM is involved without him.

Good question Steve.

For me personally, its down to the supporters of Green, Mather or Murray that constantly feel the need to promote their man (Translation: Ram it down our throats) whilst slagging off the others.

Whilst many on RM offer a balanced view, there are others that have the blinkers on.

My position - Its only about the Rangers.

WTF?!

I actually see it a bit differently Steve, and a bit more positively regarding this forum.

As Bluepeter in his earlier post alludes to - we are in the middle of dirty war. Various factions are attempting to entice you to their way of thinking in the ultimate battle for hearts & minds.

I think it is testimony to the power of RM and its forum users that those driven by agendas feel the need to carry the battle into here.

In truth I'd be more worried if they felt we were insignificant enough to just forget about.

I fully respect your view, as I do BP's and to some degree, I agree what you are saying but if we were being honest with each other, I think some people are thriving on the turmoil.

Hopefully, these people will be easily found when the board settles and Rangers make the progress we all aspire to. That will allow RM admin to make a decision on getting rid or continuing to allow their presence.

Some of our emotional brothers and sisters soon show the lack of interlect to carry off a well constructed argument and will often use the defense of "fuck off". They will fade away once the emotional dramas of the board have gone and we are talking about Rangers on the pitch.

Some of our emotional brothers and sisters soon show the lack of interlect to carry off a well constructed argument and will often use the defense of "fuck off". They will fade away once the emotional dramas of the board have gone and we are talking about Rangers on the pitch.

I do hope so, as RM was an excellent forum when I first joined and I would love it to return to that way, in tandem to the 'Gers reaching their previous heights.

All forums are going to have differing opinions but there seems to be a greater hatred from FF towards here than there is from here going back the way.

For full evidence of this then look at the post over there called " More abuse directed at Fury on RM."

some of it has to be read to be believed.

I was going to add Ally as an example as although I have read lots of abuse towards him within threads, I can't recall any name calling in a thread title but maybe you can prove me wrong?

I don't think we will get any stability on here if PM gets on the board as the hatred is that strong and people have backed against him and their egos won't allow this.

I want JM involved for his business skills and his cash at some point (medium to long term) and if that means PM is involved then so be it.

If PM doesn't get on the board, I won't really give a fuck about him especially if JM is involved without him.

JM won't get involved, his other business interests will not allow him, not enough time in the day, nor enough time permitted in this country for him to get involved. Have not heard much from JM recently, and he did say that he would not put any money into Rangers.

:shifty: