TLB accuses premier league chairmen of disrespecting him

AlCapone

Lol, you couldn't make it up. What an arrogant disrespectful wee cunt. Perhaps they looked at his cup record!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/bolton-wanderers/11160300/Neil-Lennon-accuseid

By Mark Ogden, Northern Football Correspondent10:30PM BST 13 Oct 2014 Comments1 Comment

Neil Lennon has accused Premier League chairmen of looking down on his achievements at Celtic after ending his six-month managerial exile by taking over at the Championship’s bottom club, Bolton Wanderers.

Lennon, who resigned at Celtic at the end of last season after three league titles and two Scottish Cups, plus a Champions League victory against Barcelona, in his four-year reign, has signed a three-year contract at the Macron Stadium to succeed the sacked Dougie Freedman.

Despite his success in Scotland, Lennon was overlooked for managerial vacancies at Southampton and Crystal Palace, as well as at the Championship clubs Norwich City, Cardiff City, Fulham and Leeds United.

Lennon, 43, was close to agreeing a deal to manage in Saudi Arabia with Al Ittihad before Bolton’s invitation to discuss the job last week and he admits to being irked by the lack of opportunities which came his way after his success with Celtic.

“You do get a bit ‘antsy’ when jobs are coming up and they pass you by,” Lennon said. “Sometimes, it’s not as easy as walking straight into a Premier League job – it’s a pretty exclusive band.

Related Articles

Neil Lennon - Bolton Wanderers manager Neil Lennon bans bobble hats in first training session since replacing Dougie Freedman

Lennon bans bobble hats 13 Oct 2014

Lennon named Bolton manager 12 Oct 2014

Bolton for sale, reveals chairman Gartside 09 Oct 2014

Di Canio applies for Bolton job - but club want Brown 08 Oct 2014

The most common investment mistakes Sponsored by Barclays

"Maybe it is [scottish football] looked down upon a little bit, but we did do some great things in the Champions League at Celtic, as did Gordon Strachan. But Gordon did the same thing after Celtic – he went to Middlesbrough, that was his next job.

“You look at the Premier League now – you have got Brendan [Rodgers], Roberto [Martínez], Paul Lambert, Steve Bruce, the list is endless of managers who have managed in the Championship. You probably have to earn your spurs to get into the Premier League. Did I earn my spurs in the Champions League? You should tell that to some of the Premier League chairmen.”

Despite Bolton’s predicament – bottom of the division and almost £170 million in debt – Lennon insists he can take the club back to the Premier League.

“I’m not a bully, I’m not a dictator. I don’t work that way because I don’t think that’s the way you get the best out of players. You have to evolve with the times. I have to understand the culture of the dressing room and get to know the players better. Once they get to know me, it shouldn’t be a problem.

“There’s no question the club has the potential to go back to the Premier League because everything’s here for that.”

Having endured four years of pressure, on and off the pitch, as Celtic manager, with the strains of the job including death threats in the form of a bullet sent through the post, Lennon admits he is relishing the prospect of managing without the unique problems associated with Glaswegian football.

“Hopefully, that’s an element I have left behind now,” Lennon said. “I’m really looking forward now, I’m excited. It was a very intense environment, Glasgow, the derbies and the rivalry.

"You miss that a little bit, the edge. This will maybe not be as intense as Glasgow, but I feel four years there can prepare you for most things lying ahead.”

Neil, you were only successful at celtic when your only challengers for everything were out of the picture. you're not a talented manager because of 1 fluke win over Barcelona and 3 tainted titles. accept it and concentrate on avoiding relegation at your new club

He bottled it in Smith's last season then the next season we were going under so it was handed to him on a plate, his cup record is ridiculously bad for managing the "best" team in Scotland.

They beat Barca under him but Rubin Kazan beat a great Barca team as well and no-one remembers that, Rod Stewart didn't shed a tear that night.

He's so deluded, feel sorry for Bolton, I really do.