Walter

Still don't understand why it took until the day of completion for this bid to materialise. Also don't understand why folk think Green would "stand aside" when instructed to do so by people with no sway in the situation, that would rub me up the wrong way. Finally, if Green thinks that the club's value will increase that much before he's done with it, that's a good thing, right?

I really don't know what to make of all this.

We need to get back to basics of running the club sustainably. Which I think Green can do.

My feelings that with the Walter bid, we'd fall back into old habits of ridiculous spending on average players (Whittaker a prime example).

I feel they knew months ago that the club in it's old form was doomed, and that liquidation was inevitable and that they didn't fancy being the ones to do it. If they have the money now, then surely they had it then, and if it was just to have face by not being the ones to liquidate Rangers then that's poor show, as I'm sure all supporters would have understood.

I still want to give Green his chance, he's done nothing wrong so far and has answered every questionable headline thrown at him by the media, and never during the admin phase was my facebook news stream full of statements like it is now from our new board.

I just hope he doesn't bend over and take some of these sanctions that's been predicted just to come in at Div 1. Our supporters will still go, and we'll be able to attract the best youth there is as they'll actually get a chance of first team football, even if it is in Div 3.

We'll make it back to the top.

We will probably never get to the real truth behind "the bids" or "the failed bids".

I posted a comment in feb stating "will someone waken me up in july when this nightmare is over"! Thank fuck I didnt state which year <cr>

maybe we will all have massive smiles by the 12th, I don't know anything but I wouldn't rule out anything with our club especially if the price is right

Fantastic post and analogy (tu)

I'd sell for more than I paid but less than the 200k. I would get my return quickly and without the hassle, time and risk. Much like Green who said 20m but would doubtless sell for less so long as he made a decent return.

I'd go for option D) tell the buyer to make a public bid at a reasonable price where the current owner isn't being to greedy and the new one isn't getting it on the cheap. a decent figure will win the support of the communitty and will force the sale.

The amount of people implying Walter is talking shite is shocking. No doubt the same people who'll be right up his arse if he does manage to oust this charlatan.

Im sure Walter would prefer to sit back and enjoy his retirement and watch the Rangers in peace. The fact he is speaking out and heading consortiums shows how much he doesnt trust green.

Give green and his chancer consortium a couple of million profit and get him tae fck.

If Walter says they arnt in it for the money, is it really that hard to believe. I think people dont truly grasp how much shit we are in, and the last thing we need is some cunt like green trying to find a way to make money from us.

Come on Walter, send this tit back t'pit.

The Smith-led consortium, backed by money men Jim McColl and Douglas Park, saw their rescue package rejected by Charles Green last month. The new owners allegedly demanded £20 million to sell up after purchasing the clubs assets for £5.5 million.

Smith added: The reason I agreed to lend my name and reputation to their bid was because they were not looking for anything in return. That was the big difference from other people involved at the present moment. They were prepared to fund the club without looking for anything back. Equally, I wouldnt have taken any money, as Ive already made a good living out of Rangers. The plan was to help with the running of Rangers, with every penny coming in including season tickets going directly to the club. Never at any time was money going to be taken out and both Jim and Douglas deserve praise, even though it didnt come to fruition.

To say I am now bitterly disappointed doesnt begin to express my feelings. Our plan was to ensure the club settled down over the next couple of years as there was not going to be a massive influx of cash. They were going to be two really hard years. Then we were going to try to raise some money. We were perfectly clear in what we were doing and what we were going into.

Now the club has been denied the benefit of having two of Scotlands best businessmen in Jim and Douglas at the helm. Thats the most disappointing factor. Rangers needed them. Thats why I had no hesitation going in to back them and front their bid. They were the best bet to get Rangers back on track. I was confident we would bring back tradition and pride to Ibrox. Sadly, that is now over.

More to come from Walter, im sure. If its true that they asked for 20 million, its a disgrace.

So why did they not outbid Green before he was given the club by D&P?

So why did they not outbid Green before he was given the club by D&P?

Maybe they wernt prepared to lie to Rangers fans and pretend that a cva was possible. Green had no problem doing this. Go read the hmrc statement after the cva was rejected. Goes something along the lines of was never going to happen.

I think green deserves something for doing the dirty work that no Rangers man wanted to do, but 20 million. Behave.

Walter and McColl only came on the scene when they realised something was amiss. Maybe they dont want another whyte situation to happen. If that shit happens again it could be armageddon for us.

£20M is a tad steep but that is the figure that the overseas businessman quoted last month, so no need to doubt it.

The answer to your question is this, the Green consortium bought the club when nobody else wanted to clench their cheeks and he who owns something, has a right to determine a sell on value.

We may not like it but the Green consortium clearly have an agenda to make money and their vision for selling the club in possibly 3 or 4 years time must be to walk away with a £15M profit. A Walter consortium or whoever else, will need to stump up the cash now or wait a few years and still stump up the cash.

There is no getting away from it, Walter coming out in the media is just to rouse support from us, in a weak bid to reduce the asking price.

Let me give this scenario:

You buy a house in the city for a very cheap price because it had structural damage; let's say £50k. Your plans were to sort the structural damage and sell it on for £200k in a few years, when the market picked up.

Someone started noising up the community because they did not think you should own the house or you were not right for the community, would you:

A) Sell it to the friend of the community for the same money you spent and bail out?

B) Tell them to mind their own business, as they had the chance to buy when you did?

C) Offer to sell the house for the exact money you planned to sell it for in three years time?

Be truthful on this one and you may see why Green, and his backers, are sat firmly in the boardroom seats at Ibrox.

I'd go for option 'D' (which you didn't include).

D) Tell all of those complaining to shut-the-fuck-up then let the house out to a family of Romanian asylum seekers, or turn it into a low rate brothel (two pumps for as pound-ah....two pumps for a pound-ah.....) :sherlock: .

Maybe they wernt prepared to lie to Rangers fans and pretend that a cva was possible. Green had no problem doing this. Go read the hmrc statement after the cva was rejected. Goes something along the lines of was never going to happen.

I think green deserves something for doing the dirty work that no Rangers man wanted to do, but 20 million. Behave.

Walter and McColl only came on the scene when they realised something was amiss. Maybe they dont want another whyte situation to happen. If that shit happens again it could be armageddon for us.

Still can't believe they would let the club fall into the hands of someone else who they would then have to pay to move on if that could have been avoided

If Green and his consortium's plans come to fruition then in say 4 years, RFC will be a lean, mean football machine with no debt and playing in the SPL challenging for the title as usual. That scenario will make it a good time to sell or float the business on the stock market, assuming market forces are favourable at that time. That is when they will get their profit. At least Green stated from the outset that he wants to turn the Club around, set in on a sound financial footing and make money.

If the Park & McColl were quoted £20m, I suspect that it was a tongue-in-cheek figure to send the two guys on their way. Remember that their offer was apparently only £6m which is only £0.5m above the figure paid by Green to D & P. Green's bid must have cost a significant figure and there are additional costs all the time. If I was Green I'd have declined the £6m offer. By the same token, if I was part of the Park & McColl team, I'd go back again and discuss a more realistic figure with Green. I would also keep all the details and meetings quiet until I had something to say which gives finality one way or another.

Maybe 20m was too much, but don't they know how these things work.

They offered 6m, Green wanted 20m - surely a figure in between could of been negotiated, but instead they walked away because they would not pay more than 6m.

My ideal scenario would be in Division 3, no sanctions and with Walters team in place, but they need to stop pissing around and offer the required amount.

Green has done nothing wrong and has every right to take the club forward.

HMRC only made that statement after the CVA was rejected. Previously they had been giving D & P more positive vibes about a CVA. All they did was create delays.

Still can't believe they would let the club fall into the hands of someone else who they would then have to pay to move on if that could have been avoided

McColl must have known a cva wasnt possible, and im sure he didnt want to be the man that liquidated the company. Why should he take the fall for others failings?

Green, by pretending that a cva was possible guaranteed himself first dibs on the purchase of the newco. A dirty job that was unavoidable, and perfect for a man like him.

Ask yourself how his consortium can profit from Rangers,with no europe for 3 years and no spl for at least a year. You think he'll be here for 5+ years to get a turn? Makes no sense.

HMRC only made that statement after the CVA was rejected. Previously they had been giving D & P more positive vibes about a CVA. All they did was create delays.

Dont get me started on D&P. I read that hmrc never do a cva when they are the main creditor, and all this info is available on a public website. The whole episode is rotten, and continues to be.

McColl must have known a cva wasnt possible, and im sure he didnt want to be the man that liquidated the company. Why should he take the fall for others failings?

Green, by pretending that a cva was possible guaranteed himself first dibs on the purchase of the newco. A dirty job that was unavoidable, and perfect for a man like him.

Ask yourself how his consortium can profit from Rangers,with no europe for 3 years and no spl for at least a year. You think he'll be here for 5+ years to get a turn? Makes no sense.

I agree but surely if McColl was keen he would have bought the club before Green and cut out the middle man ... there is just something doesn't make sense about this I mean he could have bought Glasgow Rangers for a piddling £5.5 million but declined <cr>

If they were not looking for anything in return why did they not go back in with a bid of 20 million TO BUY the club they supposedly love so much? doh

Walter, supposedly love the club ? I don't think so..

Sir Walter ,is, Glasgow Rangers more than any other individual..

Walter can make good this farce like no other

Why those two men and two others couldn't step in for a 25% each share in the club astounds me. Each owing 25% and no single man in complete charge. After one year they could sell 5% each to the fans thus creating a fifth man if you like. A slow build up to giving the club to the fans could follow. But if it wasn't right or viable then it could be slowed down.

I'm not a business minded person so that could just be wishful thinking.

But each of the four at first could control the different elements of the business and work a manageable club back to its feet.

Any investment they made would eventually be repaid, surely? 2-3 million to McColl is his interest from his 600-700 million fortune, a mere drop in the ocean, as for Park, well maybe slightly harder on him but I'd bet not by much.

Dont get me started on D&P. I read that hmrc never do a cva when they are the main creditor, and all this info is available on a public website. The whole episode is rotten, and continues to be.

When all this crap is finished I intend to complain (as a shareholder) about HMRC's behaviour in this saga. If D & P have done anything they shouldn't it will come out in the enquiry currently being carried out. They are the easy whipping boys in this. They are duty bound to adhere to set procedures. This was never going to be a straightforward administration. In any ordinary business, the doors would have been locked and bolted on day one.

Why those two men and two others couldn't step in for a 25% each share in the club astounds me. Each owing 25% and no single man in complete charge. After one year they could sell 5% each to the fans thus creating a fifth man if you like. A slow build up to giving the club to the fans could follow. But if it wasn't right or viable then it could be slowed down.

I'm not a business minded person so that could just be wishful thinking.

But each of the four at first could control the different elements of the business and work a manageable club back to its feet.

Any investment they made would eventually be repaid, surely? 2-3 million to McColl is his interest from his 600-700 million fortune, a mere drop in the ocean, as for Park, well maybe slightly harder on him but I'd bet not by much.

The reason that is not happening is because all these Rangers men want control, they are not willing to invest otherwise.