*****the Official 2015 Open Thread*****

B1872

Don't know if you can drink in public at the course but i'm thinking the tented village bit will have a drinks licence. Think i had a few cans at Carnoustie and St Andrews watching it on the big screens. Don't think I ever had my bags searched, Because the course is attached to the village people are constantly walking in and out of the course. Too much hassle to search everyone.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if you can drink in public at the course but i'm thinking the tented village bit will have a drinks licence. Think i had a few cans at Carnoustie and St Andrews watching it on the big screens. Don't think I ever had my bags searched, Because the course is attached to the village people are constantly walking in and out of the course. Too much hassle to search everyone.

Cheers mate!

I took pepperell on Wednesday 200/1 and stuck 2.50 ew after his good finish at the Scottish.

Hope he keeps playing the way he is and I'll be laughing.

I got him at 750-1 on Betfair earlier in-play when he got to 3 under. Betfair odds are incredibly generous. Even now at -7 he's still a decent 125-1!

It'll be lucky if its finished by next year at this rate!

Apart from stating the obvious I think the weather/luck of the draw will win this possibly Lawrie/Oosthyesque. If Leishman or Pepperell, or anyone can set a number and the weather worsens they will have a great shout. However, if the weather is soft and perfect for the likes of DJ, Scott coming out later, it will be target golf for them....all very exciting either way.......

Fowler was 200/1 about half an hour ago now into 33/1 at places. :lol:

If you're patient and find the right bookies, the odds available are crazy. Played well, you can really take advantage. A player is only a couple of decent shots/putts from getting right in amongst it!

The way the course is playing today your looking at par being around 68.

If weather stays true today and tomorrow winner will be around the -16/17 mark.

Hopefully pepperell can get to -10 in clubhouse and post a decent target, however can see Dustin pushing it out to -14 today.