World Cup 2018

Would everyone who doesn't support Scotland just now support again when we are up in the premier league and our players are getting picked? By the time these games come about, we will be up in the PL again, so every chance our best players could be in the Scotland team. I doubt we will get through to the world cup, with England and Slovakia who are currently topping their Euro group over Spain. But there is a good chance of getting into the euros through the play off, be good if all the home nations get in, there is every chance all 4 countries will qualify.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would everyone who doesn't support Scotland just now support again when we are up in the premier league and our players are getting picked? By the time these games come about, we will be up in the PL again, so every chance our best players could be in the Scotland team. I doubt we will get through to the world cup, with England and Slovakia who are currently topping their Euro group over Spain. But there is a good chance of getting into the euros through the play off, be good if all the home nations get in, there is every chance all 4 countries will qualify.

I like to watch any Scotland game on the tele and like to see them win , never really get passionate about it like I do when watching Rangers and could never cheer a mhank scoring or one of the traitors like Naismith , one thing I could definitely never do though is sit amongs their support , A large amount of it is made up of rangers hating , union hating yes voting nationalist arseholes .

I like to watch any Scotland game on the tele and like to see them win , never really get passionate about it like I do when watching Rangers and could never cheer a mhank scoring or one of the traitors like Naismith , one thing I could definitely never do though is sit amongs their support , A large amount of it is made up of rangers hating , union hating yes voting nationalist arseholes .

Thats fair enough, I dont go to the games as much anymore if I am being honest, but that is mostly due to the prices. It wont be long though until the teams has our players in it again, i think Strachan will pick Rangers players no problem, I was looking at current squad and it only has 4 of them in the squad, he picks a variety of different players from different clubs. I think if the players play well and show something on the pitch they have every chance of being in the Scottish set up.It will be better when our players are in the squad, its nice to cheer on your own. Dont get me wrong, I always look at the other home countries scores, as I want them all to do well, but I'm just no English ( or Welsh or Northern Irish) So i couldn't support another country over my own country.

• 10 months later...

Sorry to drag this topic out of retirement, but now NI are out of the Euros my attention has turned to WC 2018 qualification.

How have opinions changed since the draw and in light of the Euros so far?

Scotland's group looks tougher to me than it did initially. England will win the group and probably Slovakia 2nd.

Wales look like they have a tough group now. Austria, ROI and Serbia will all be tough for them.

The best NI can hope for is 2nd, Germany will no doubt brush us aside so we really need to get something from our other away matches, which will be a tough ask. I expect we'll end up 3rd.

On 7/25/2015 at 4:17 PM, WadeWilson said:

England, Slovakia, Scotland, Faroe Islands, Moldova, Andorra would be good.

No Gibraltar, as they aren't recognised by FIFA despite being in the UEFA Euro qualifying.

Called the first three seeds correctly. Lithuania are another bogey team... Like Georgia. :power_of_anguish:

32 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Sorry to drag this topic out of retirement, but now NI are out of the Euros my attention has turned to WC 2018 qualification.

How have opinions changed since the draw and in light of the Euros so far?

Scotland's group looks tougher to me than it did initially. England will win the group and probably Slovakia 2nd.

Wales look like they have a tough group now. Austria, ROI and Serbia will all be tough for them.

The best NI can hope for is 2nd, Germany will no doubt brush us aside so we really need to get something from our other away matches, which will be a tough ask. I expect we'll end up 3rd.

England will qualify and one from Wales and Ireland.

The rest will be staying at home... thankfully.

#Scenes #BumbagFullOfRoids #FIFARussia2018

euro-2016.jpg

I have to say, my anger towards Scotland has mellowed with us finally getting back into the Premiership. If Strachan continues to pick our players and Regan fucks off, I might start going to games again. 

That said, there's no fucking way Scotland will qualify for the World Cup in 2018. 

England will walk the qualifiers like they always do. Hopefully we see McKay and others light up the national team and bring it out of the dark ages. Can't see Scotland qualifying though, unless Strachan fucks off.