Redknapp Snaps

AlBear.

The Loftus Road loss to Liverpool left QPR bottom of the Premier League standings, but Redknapp does not appear to be anticipating much assistance from Taarabt in their fight against relegation.

"No, he's not fit,” said the R’s boss. “He's not fit to play football, unfortunately.

"He played in a reserve team game the other day, and I could have run about more than he did.

"So no, I can't pick him.

"I pick people that want to try, and deserve to be at a good football club like QPR, and want to work, and come in every day and want to work, and train, and show a good attitude.

"And that's what I got today from the players.

"When he starts doing that, whether he ever can do it, maybe he'll get a game.

"The other lads, I've got a fantastic group of lads here, absolutely superb, all of them.

"I can't keep protecting people who don't want to run about and train, who are about three stone overweight.

"What am I supposed to keep saying, keep getting your 60, 70 grand a week but don't train? What's the game coming to?

"The others are as good as gold."

QPR produced their best display of the season against Liverpool but lost out by the odd goal in five after an incredible finish, during which four goals were scored in the final three minutes plus stoppage-time.

And Redknapp shrugged off speculation regarding his future, claiming he has done well to organise the side under difficult circumstances.

"I think you have to understand that, two weeks before the season started, I had 12 players," he said.

"Now, I'm not making excuses, I had 12 players at this football club, outfield players.

"I went on tour to Ireland and I took 12 players with me.

"There wasn't another one injured, or hiding behind the training ground, that was what I had, 12, left over from last year's Championship, and it was a last-minute job when we had to bring players in.

"I couldn't give a monkey's about speculation. There's no one could do any better here at the moment than me, I don't think.

"I hear other names mentioned, but they couldn't do any better than what I can do, that's for sure."

It's strange such a young player is doing it though.

No cunt will take him once his contract runs out, but I suppose by then he's made a shit load of money.

He'll probably end up playing in the Middle East.

He'll be able to make a fortune there and pretty much do as he pleases too.

not without paying up his contract, plus he has a value

You'd think he'd be in breach of contract if he won't train and is overweight.

As you say though, maybe they're hoping to punt him in January for whatever residual value he has.