Hibs v Hearts (Sunday 26th Oct)

Hi guys,

First thread I have started on here so go easy! As I stay in Edinburgh as you can imagine there is a lot of chat about the Derby on Sunday....Hibs fans confident they have finally turned the corner and coming up against Hearts at the best possible time (five unbeaten I think they are). Where as Hearts are still riding high on confidence, although some fans at my work have admitted they have been a little fortunate, so much confidence they are looking to match their Scottish Cup win result of 5-1 at Easter Road.

So, my question for you is...what would be the ideal result, Hibs win, although that would help them get back into the race at the top where also it would help us catch Hearts? A draw so they both only get one point and a chance for us to gain two points on them both?

T_H

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies, wasnt thinking and posted this in the wrong part of the forum!

I want a draw myself, if Hearts keep going (unlikely I know) but IF they do I dont want the added challenge of Hibs breathing down our necks either - so for me a draw is ideal result.

Sad reflection of our club when we are looking for Hibs to beat Hearts.

A decent manager and this would only be a match that mattered in Edinburgh.

I did think about that when I first posted, hence why I also asked for a little leniency as it was my first thread I had started since joining - but the true fact is we have to be interested in it due to our own ineffective start to the season...and considering they two are the teams who have beat us in the league this year.

Hearts sneaked it at the start of the season at Ibrox, where as Hibs probably deserved their win more that the Hearts game.....the return games will be crucial, going to Tynecastle will be difficult but would like to think we can extract revenge on Hibs when they come calling.

I think, whether we like it or not, Hearts (and maybe to an extent Hibs) are going to be up there this season....it will remain to be seen if they can last the pace, but I guess you could class us in that also after a slow/sluggish start (unless shit off the park gets sorted out asap and we can strengthen, also in fairness I still feel our squad should be good enough as it is).