The £1,000 question and TBK's bid.....

I know 20 people who can and will put in a grand.

I can't see us getting any less than the yahoos got.

10k people easily.

add in the other levels of 500k or a million or whatever I can easily see 20 million raised.

but it will certainly be better if a way to pay up the grand is put in place.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who wants shares? Id be happier to pay a monthly sum as a membership fee the way barcelona do it.

Elect a chairman every 2 years.

Indeed, we should be looking at modern corporate structures to permit this to happen rather than a tired old share issue for the few.

We could argue for weeks over the amount that needs to be put in for shares. How about a bronze, silver or gold package? £100 gets you a bronze package or 1 share, £500 gets you a silver package or 6 shares and £1000 gets you a gold package or 13 shares. These figures are just guesswork at the moment but the folk who would love to contribute something but don't have much money can this way. The folk who have money can afford to have the status of being the owner of as many gold packages as they want.

It's easy for many folk on here to say "yes I can afford to put a grand in" but this should be about giving every Rangers fan the chance to say "yes I helped the club I love in our hour of need".

The share issue idea isn't about giving every Rangers fan a chance to save the club. It's just about saving the club. If the minimum is £1000 a share. Most of us fans will find a way to pay it!

If of course, it comes to this scenario.

I agree the bottom line is all about saving our club. I do however disagree that most fans can find a way to pay it. You only have to read the comments on here from people saying they would love to go to this game or that game but can't afford it. In my opinion that doesn't make them less of a fan than me who goes to every game home and away. It just means that at this moment in time I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it.

All I'm saying is lets give everybody a bit more of an opportunity to help however they can.

I agree the bottom line is all about saving our club. I do however disagree that most fans can find a way to pay it. You only have to read the comments on here from people saying they would love to go to this game or that game but can't afford it. In my opinion that doesn't make them less of a fan than me who goes to every game home and away. It just means that at this moment in time I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it.

All I'm saying is lets give everybody a bit more of an opportunity to help however they can.

Nobody is suggesting if it does, or doesn't make you less of a fan. Far from it. It's just if you want to help you will find a way. Even if it's the full family all chipping in, or friends joining together, for one share at £1000. Taking a loan out, etc...

Fans moan about prices all the time. Yet, the majority still manage to find a way to buy season tickets, away games, merchandise, going abroad with the travel club. Etc.

Any potential owner just wants value for money in a share issue. We'll be a after thought, to make it more affordable for everybody. Life just doesn't work like that. Sadly. :(

I know 20 people who can and will put in a grand.

I can't see us getting any less than the yahoos got.

10k people easily.

add in the other levels of 500k or a million or whatever I can easily see 20 million raised.

but it will certainly be better if a way to pay up the grand is put in place.

I agree with this.