No gear & no mention of Rangers on the PUMA site

Zappa

http://www.puma.com/football/teams#club-teams

Not only is our club crest not on that page, but none of our Rangers gear is anywhere to be seen in the PUMA online store and there appears to be nothing about Rangers on the PUMA site.

In fact, it would appear Rangers don't exist to Puma at all because a search for "Rangers" on their site comes up blank and there are zero news articles about the deal with us in their press/news-archive section which is here: http://about.puma.com/category/press/news-archive/

When the Rangers site announced the deal on 28th Feb, it was stated:

Official Rangers Puma team merchandise will be available from the start of Season 2013/14 in the Rangers Megastore at Ibrox Stadium, PUMA outlets, Sports Direct stores throughout the UK, and online at www.rangers.co.uk, www.rangersmegastore.com, www.puma.com and www.sportsdirect.com.

So our gear isn't in their online shop, but has anyone been in an actual PUMA outlet? There's one at 91 Buchanan Street and I'd be interested to know if our gear is in their shops.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it's more worrying that you can't see any Rangers stuff in a Sportsdirect or Sportsworld(part of Sportsdirect) store.Went into my local store in London and nothing, but loads of mhank stuff on display.

Had to get my top from the website last year.

http://www.puma.com/football/teams#club-teams

Not only is our club crest not on that page, but none of our Rangers gear is anywhere to be seen in the PUMA online store and there appears to be nothing about Rangers on the PUMA site.

In fact, it would appear Rangers don't exist to Puma at all because a search for "Rangers" on their site comes up blank and there are zero news articles about the deal with us in their press/news-archive section which is here: http://about.puma.com/category/press/news-archive/

When the Rangers site announced the deal on 28th Feb, it was stated:

So our gear isn't in their online shop, but has anyone been in an actual PUMA outlet? There's one at 91 Buchanan Street and I'd be interested to know if our gear is in their shops.

Doubt you'll find any in the Puma Buchanan Street store as it's not there any more.

Personally I think it's a good thing we ain't on their site, would you rather buy from them than direct through the club?

Stop moaning ffs

Doubt you'll find any in the Puma Buchanan Street store as it's not there any more.

Personally I think it's a good thing we ain't on their site, would you rather buy from them than direct through the club?

Stop moaning ffs

It was actually someone else who brought this to my attention when they mentioned that we weren't listed on the PUMA website's club teams page which is supposed to list all the football clubs they have kit deals with.

Then I did some searches on their site which came up blank as if there's no mention of us on their site at all, so I had a swatch in their news archive section and there was no announcement about our kit deal even although it looks as if they always announce new football club kit deals in their news section.

I'm not moaning, I just thought it was a bit odd to say the least, especially there not even being a news article about the Rangers deal.

Stop moaning ffs

It is essential that puma sell our tops in their stores it gives us a much larger market to operate in worldwide. That's why its also important the strip is the best quality possible so it attracts non rangers fans to buy it throughout the world,something which we have been severely lacking in.

Plus the more tops we sell the more money puma have to give us. not sure it would make any difference to Rangers financially if you buy the top direct or from puma, it depends on the deal we made with them.

This appears to contradict the club's official statement when the Puma deal was finalized.

Official Rangers Puma team merchandise will be available from the start of Season 2013/14 in the Rangers Megastore at Ibrox Stadium, PUMA outlets, Sports Direct stores throughout the UK, and online at www.rangers.co.uk,www.rangersmegastore.com, www.puma.com and www.sportsdirect.com.

Hope to fuck we've not been stitched up here. Wonder if the Puma deal is with SportsDirect with Ashley getting more out if it than the club?

It all seems very, very odd that Puma are not leveraging their brand by using us.

Looking at their web page I would say only the Italy national side bigger than us. Maybe. But we've won more titles.

This appears to contradict the club's official statement when the Puma deal was finalized.

Official Rangers Puma team merchandise will be available from the start of Season 2013/14 in the Rangers Megastore at Ibrox Stadium, PUMA outlets, Sports Direct stores throughout the UK, and online at www.rangers.co.uk,www.rangersmegastore.com, www.puma.com and www.sportsdirect.com.

Eh? it is sold in the stadium, Puma Outlets, Sports Direct & on our online shop.

There was a point where we had the second biggest merchandising operation behind Man United.

Yeah but how much of that is bought by the Rangers family who will still buy whether its online or not with Puma or in their stores. Why would Puma take out profitable brands in their Budapest and Miami stores to replace them with Rangers tops that the locals have no interest in?

here is a screen shot of the teams in Europe who Puma make the kits for, about 120, only about 20 are on their site.

this does not include the numerous national teams, African, Oceania & South American clubs.

i'll check all their forums later to see if their fans are getting their knickers in a twist when i have the time :P

maybe the club has an agreement for it not to be sold there?

i have been to PUMA headquarters and they had a great representation of the new Rangers kits (tu)

Screenshot2013-09-08at105401_zps901ba3ba.png

• 1 month later...

Off topic but i was very disapointed to find Sports Direct in Manchester dont stock our tops in either of their two stores in the city center :( i know we are not as big a draw down here but i thought our official sports retail partner would at least make the effort of having a few of our shirts in stock.