Rangers Troubles Worth It In The Long Run ?

Guardian

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wish this on anyone (well apart from any team in the SPL and its fans)

But will we look back on this in 10 years as a beneficial bloodletting that allowed us to get rid of all the debt and baggage holding us back ?

We have a few years with smaller outlays, no debt and still a huge fanbase.

While the other SPL clubs struggle for survival we will be rebuilding and will emerge as a very potent force when this is done. With little debt we will be able to put together a decent team easier than the rest, and any euro money picked up will only strengthen our position.

I'm well aware we'll have a few lean years ahead, but getting away from the disaster heaped on us by Murray and Whyte may well be the catalyst that spurs on future success.

Put it this way - the next time we win an SPL Title, whether that be in 3 years time; 10 years time; 50 years time etc it will be the Best Ever Title win, nothing will compare to it, based on the fact we will all remember these times; the media will constantly remind everyone what happened in 2012; the world will remember what happened this year too...

Our next title will be even better than the 2005 and 2011 titles and it will hurt septic even more too :ulster:

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wish this on anyone (well apart from any team in the SPL and its fans)

But will we look back on this in 10 years as a beneficial bloodletting that allowed us to get rid of all the debt and baggage holding us back ?

While the other SPL clubs struggle for survival we will be rebuilding and will emerge as a very potent force when this is done. With little debt we will be able to put together a decent team easier than the rest, and any euro money picked up will only strengthen our position.

I'm well aware we'll have a few lean years ahead, but getting away from the disaster heaped on us by Murray and Whyte may well be the catalyst that spurs on future success.

More or less said this in another thread.

An opportunity to put in place the foundations that serve us for a generation.

Lets not waste it.

We have a chance to play a certain way, that should be replicated through all our youth teams , like Barca, so when anyone is called upon they know the system and can fit in with no worries. This will be a hard couple years but we must rise to the challenge and let's play slinky football, a passing game, will take time, but we must do away with the punt up the park football.

Have to agree totally and we should stop this buying old players who are near the end of their careers ,and if we require foreign players we should be bringing them in much younger along with a blend of some hardened Scots.

No more over 30's foriegners with no sell on value.

We can then invest sensibly within our means.

No more over inflated overated hasbeens like James Beatie ,or injury prone Websters who wont play for us.

We have an exciting future ahead giving time, and patience.

We have a chance to play a certain way, that should be replicated through all our youth teams , like Barca, so when anyone is called upon they know the system and can fit in with no worries. This will be a hard couple years but we must rise to the challenge and let's play slinky football, a passing game, will take time, but we must do away with the punt up the park football.

Need to change the head of the youth department for this to be implemented.

Yes and that fucking long ball needs to go.asap.

Like i said nothing will change unless JS is replaced.

The type of players produced is a reflection of the requirements laid down from the top.

Many of the youths we have seen in the past couple of years were a product of previous regimes.

It's a great idea but we'd need Barcelona quality coaches to do it.

I hope and think you are right, just wish it didnt hurt so much. Sick of all the pish going on now

I dont think it is worth it - all the heart break and uncertaintity, the near demise of our club and the absolute shame that one of our owners could mis-manage us so much we were put in this terrible position.

However we are here - it is a reality and now we have to make the best off it we can. We have to build for the future and the first thing that needs secured is our long term financial viability - we should never get into such a financial mess again that it threatens our club.

In a word, No.

Call me old fashioned but this "no debt" patter is fucking embarrassing, I always try to pay my way and expect others to do the same, certainly my football club. Our standards have been seriously compromised over this last period and that is a hard one for me to take.

Yes, we have been fucked over, but we as supporters could have done more, we lacked any real leadereship despite our many (and very wide...)supporter associations bodies.

If we are to turn this in to a positive at all the hard work starts now, but we need proper fan representation as opposed to Dingwall backing a losing fantasy horse (hmmm, a unicorn?) for personal gain. No offence to any of our leading and visible reps, bloggers etc but none of them have engaging, dynamic personalities - it has been asking a helluva lot for Ally to lead the club, the fans, deal with the media and so on...the man is now Beyond Myth, for me the Greatest Ever Ranger - no offence to Greig but he just hasn't got it for that role - his silence is deafening, why?

I dont think it is worth it - all the heart break and uncertaintity, the near demise of our club and the absolute shame that one of our owners could mis-manage us so much we were put in this terrible position.

However we are here - it is a reality and now we have to make the best off it we can. We have to build for the future and the first thing that needs secured is our long term financial viability - we should never get into such a financial mess again that it threatens our club.

Would you have preffered us to have been the whipping boys in the SPL ,with points deduction no europe for 5 years ,and loss of half of every home Game gate money?

All that whilst those who put us there got richer ,and ,richer of Rangers Fans hard earned.

Im happy to support Rangers in any League includong the junior league if need be.

Have to agree totally and we should stop this buying old players who are near the end of their careers ,and if we require foreign players we should be bringing them in much younger along with a blend of some hardened Scots.

No more over 30's foriegners with no sell on value.

We can then invest sensibly within our means.

No more over inflated overated hasbeens like James Beatie ,or injury prone Websters who wont play for us.

We have an exciting future ahead giving time, and patience.

Jeffers was another one!!!, no more as you say of these leaches!!!!

If we can get back to the SPL with all titles intact, then yes it will be worth it. I believe the investigation will collapse due to a conflict of interest with Celtic's lawyers being used on the case.

Once this investigation is over we should then look at the bheasts, and make sure everyone knows of the blatant corruption, and of course the Penn State issues, they should not be allowed to go away.

We will also be alot stronger on and off the field when we return to the SPL, and how we will enjoy our sweet revenge :uk:

In a word, No.

Call me old fashioned but this "no debt" patter is fucking embarrassing, I always try to pay my way and expect others to do the same, certainly my football club. Our standards have been seriously compromised over this last period and that is a hard one for me to take.

Yes, we have been fucked over, but we as supporters could have done more, we lacked any real leadereship despite our many (and very wide...)supporter associations bodies.

If we are to turn this in to a positive at all the hard work starts now, but we need proper fan representation as opposed to Dingwall backing a losing fantasy horse (hmmm, a unicorn?) for personal gain. No offence to any of our leading and visible reps, bloggers etc but none of them have engaging, dynamic personalities - it has been asking a helluva lot for Ally to lead the club, the fans, deal with the media and so on...the man is now Beyond Myth, for me the Greatest Ever Ranger - no offence to Greig but he just hasn't got it for that role - his silence is deafening, why?

In Dragons Den style "Its a NO from me " The massive debt burden is pure myth to me. We owed 18 Million to Lloyds and with the turnover we had, we should easily have been able to service that. Remember all this other non payment stuff is nonsense as well. Administration stopped that dead, thats what happens. We couldn't have payed St Etienne or Hearts even if had wanted to. (would love to know how much those leeches D&P took out the club) Something stinks somewhere and I hope it all comes out in the wash even if its too late now to be of any help to us.

Any business needs cash and the THREAT of the unproven EBT tax claim was what was killing any line of credit. I think a lot of this could have been avoided with a bit more honesty on all sides. Its all well and good talking now about living within our means and not spending big on players etc, but even last summer this forum , fan phone-ins etc were full of howls of derision over the lack of money we were spending on new players and even the level of player we were looking at. If Murray had just been honest , laid out the facts, continued to cash in on the best players, McGregor etc we could have weathered the storm until a serious buyer emerged, not that knee jerk sale to that jerkoff Craig Whyte.

If a positive could have emerged, it was the opportunity to seriously explore getting out of the Scottish league set up once and for all. We had no league, no association membership, nothing to hold us back, no 2 years notice period, divorced from the mhanks, and we didn't want to do it.