*** Rm Erskine Lunch Fund - Fundraising Completed!

govanblue

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard work keeping up with what your up to - nearly missed the call for a few quid more. Donation done.

You manage to keep up just fine! :thumbup:

Thanks for the donation.

And Thanks also to RFC#1., G13 and RFC Eagle for their pledges, and 72Barca for his donation. (tu)

As their official NOMAD, I can probably stick thistleman and offshoreworker down for a donation too! Cheers Chaps! :thumbup:

Which will bring us to just below halfway towards our target of 50 Donations. Which is not bad for just a few hours work. Well done to all you Rapid Responders :clap:

We now need to keep the thread bumped long enough to give all the Lunch Fund Patrons who don't log on so often, a chance to see this thread. (tu)

Oh and I'll be able to share the details of another couple of significant donations from members soon, which I'm sure will gladden your hearts.

Most folk only open a GB thread if it's pay day as they know what's in it!

:pipe:

But still they know that they just have to open it, because there's also a very good chance that he's got another exclusive offer that they don't want to miss!

Bar72 tickets anyone? :P

Reminder:

SoldierBlue1 will be bringing a bottle of whisky along to the game on Saturday to give to me for our Erskine Appeal. (tu)

Our target was 12 bottles. We didn't quite make it, but we've still done well to collect 10 bottles. (tu)

If anyone else has an unwanted bottle of spirits, wine or anything at all, and wants to help us reach our target (we've never missed a target before! :( ), please bring it along to the game on Saturday where I will be delighted to take it off you.

Just PM me for details. (tu)

But still they know that they just have to open it, because there's also a very good chance that he's got another exclusive offer that they don't want to miss!

Bar72 tickets anyone? :P

I will pledge another £20 if bar72 tickets are involved haha :P

I can't use them in reality if for this last home weekend as bringing my wee bear to the game so I'll just pledge another £20 for pay day regardless :) x

I will pledge another £20 if bar72 tickets are involved haha :P

I can't use them in reality if for this last home weekend as bringing my wee bear to the game so I'll just pledge another £20 for pay day regardless :) x

Sadly, I was just teasing about the Bar72 tickets.

But you never know - they have a habit of popping up when you least expect them. ;)

And we won't accept your payday pledge, because your last one was more than enough already! (tu)

Ok pledge converted to action - pm sent !

Hope the 'lads' have a great time / day/ events

Thanks! (tu)

There will also be lots of RM Members in attendance so hopefully we will get some good photos.

And thanks to fermblue for his donation. (tu)

Regarding the "hat game thingy" that Erskine Mains are going to buy, this is it here...

http://www.activitiestoshare.co.uk/p/123/music-and-hat-activity-bag

£69.95

0000416_music_and_hat_activity_bag_300.p

Using Hats for reminiscence or music activities is an ideal opportunity for everyone to get involved and enjoy the fun! This has proven to be a great activity for older people particularly those with a dementia such as Alzheimer's.

Our Hat Activity Bag has been tried and tested by Activities to Share in many Nursing and Residential Homes and Activity Coordinators have been delighted with the results.

Hats can be worn; handled; talked about; named; looked at; photographed; played as charades or with a quiz.

CD features a song for every hat for example 'The Laughing Policeman;' The Sun Has Got His Hat On' and 'Messing About On The River'

Homes who are using hats in their group activities for older people tell us:

"This activity is 'one of the most enjoyable things they do with elderly people as it always makes people smile and laugh which improves the quality of life for our residents."

So there you go - add that to the two Reminiscence Boxes, and I think we've made a significant contribution to Erskine Mains' Recreation Resources, which will be enjoyed for many years to come. (tu)

0001294_reminiscence_box_1_300.jpeg0001295_reminiscence_box_ii_300.jpeg

Also: As a side note: If you happen to have any old Sombreros, Pirate Hats or other fancy-dress stuff like that lying around - now you know who could use them. (tu)

done

Cheers mate (tu)

That puts us at 29 Donors so far. The target of 50 still seems a long way off, but hopefully there are a few Loyal Lunch Fund Patrons who haven't seen the thread yet.

And remember folks, just because you see one or two members donating £20 here and £20 there, doesn't mean that a £3 donation from you will be any less appreciated. Many a meikle makes a muckle as they say. :thumbup: