• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BiOhugm.png

Just out of interest ;) - I notice that both lines in

ONLY ONE

JAK TRUEMAN

are less than 15 characters (including spaces)

I wonder if Jak would like that on a brick on the new Fernando Ricksen Wall Panel? :D

I'll ask bp9 to ask him. (tu)

bp9, gonny ask him?

Ta.

Seeing him at lunch time ( if he's up to it :-( ) so I'll ask!

Just read this, my mother has terminal Leukaemia and will pass away at some point.

But it is so sad to see this illness in someone so young.

I have £21.39 in my Ladbrokes account, so bet done, if we win, dosh goes to Jak.

Clipboard01.jpg

Anyone else game?

Just read this, my mother has terminal Leukaemia and will pass away at some point.

I have £21.39 in my Ladbrokes account, so bet done, if we win, dosh goes to Jak.

Clipboard01.jpg

Anyone else game?

Good lad!

Clipboard01.jpg

Anyone else game?

Fantastic mate!

Even donating just a wee slice of any potential winnings from Sunday would be a great thing for any member to do. (tu)

And as an added bonus, it gives us all an incentive to win on Sunday, just in case we were already lacking incentives! :lol:

My dad loved the boy and he is a belter, the doctor said he probably won'nt make the weekend

Yep i went to see him Friday - his hastily organised prom is tonight and he has tickets for tomorrow but he looked very weak on Friday but if determination counts he will make both!

Some excerpts from Jak's Journey...

https://www.facebook.com/jaksjourney

Thursday:

Wee update for today. We didn't get to Murray Park today as Jak had a really bad night and we had to call the Doctor for pain relief.

He's been in bed all day and quite poorly but Has just eaten a mouthful of pizza from Pizza Hut and cookie dough...

We are just taking things hour by hour but my amazing boy is still smiling for now

Friday:

Morning everyone. Jak had a really settled night and after us thinking he wouldn't make it through yesterday he is brand new today.

Again though we will just take it minute by minute hour by hours. so who knows Jak's Prom and Hampden may well still be on the cards....

Saturday:

Jak's had a good settled night and is really looking forward to his Prom tonight...

So it's no better than 50/50 (probably much less in reality) whether Jak will be able to make it to Hampden on Sunday. Fingers crossed for him (and for his Prom tonight). I'm sure his mum or someone will keep everyone posted on facebook today.

Further down on the facebook page, there's also a good explanation of Jak's plans for 'his legacy':

Here is the link to order Jaks Journey tshirts - all money raised from this will go into Team Jak account and will be used to put Jak's dreams into reality and help many many more people when we get premises for Star Harmonies and provide: counselling for families, musical theatre workshops, therapy through music, a choir for cancer patients and families, a quiet room and a loud room and Jak's much wanted cafe: Jak's Den with a footy and fast cars theme for cancer patients to eat in a clean environment with freshly cooked food always.

I'm sure that you'll agree that Jak's Den (and yes' I'm pretty sure he knew exactly what he was doing when he named it! :21: ) sounds fantastic, and I'm sure many of you will want to help in some small way to make it happen.

As I understand it, bluepeter9 has offered his services (in his particular area of expertise) to Jak's family to help make sure that Jak's Den happens, so RM members will hopefully have an inside scoop on how it's developing, and a good insight into how best we can contribute to its success. (tu)

19300_953737457984673_490883332829243722

That's really moving. I hope for the best for him.

It puts it all in context.

Whether he's there in person or watching on the telly, I really hope he gets a wee chant to boost his spirits.

I won't even mind if the other lot join in.

I hope he has something to make him happier tomorrow.

All the best Jak, mate.

That's really moving. I hope for the best for him.

It puts it all in context.

Whether he's there in person or watching on the telly, I really hope he gets a wee chant to boost his spirits.

I won't even mind if the other lot join in.

I hope he has something to make him happier tomorrow.

All the best Jak, mate.

This!

For me, he's the newest Rangers hero.

I am genuinely in awe of this young man's bravery

I wish there was more that could be done for him.

I won't be at the game, but I'd like to think that there would be a nice wee "One Jak Trueman!" chant.

tell ye what oleg, that would be fuckin something wouldnt it? I will have it goin down here in essex at the telly, no that he will hear it, jak, ya brave wee beauty, doesnt matter what team ye support, yer a credit to your family son, fuckin heartbreaking this, stay strong wee man, I will be prayin and singing for ye.

No Surrender

Rab

I believe Jak is visiting Murray park today!

BP9, ive probably disagreed with99% of your posts, but mate, as a bloke for what you are doing, I think you are a fuckin top class bloke, im in fuckin tears readin this, and I cant even begin to think what the boy and his family are going through.

whatever our differences on here regarding opinions, let it be said my opinions of you as a man have gone through the ceiling. Ill sing a wee song for the boy the morra.

No Surrender

Rab

Just seen a thing on facebook about chanting one jak trueman at the 20th min. Both sets of fans in on it as well it seems?

Would be great - he has two corporate tickets but I doubt he will be there as he seems to be fading fast - it was his (hastily arranged) prom tonight and he managed 20 minutes! Sad as fuck!