If You Get Arrested On Sunday...

UnionMen

You need to be able to distinguish between someone calling themselves 'Paddy McCourts fenian army', to calling someone a 'fenian' - which is meant in a derogatory fashion. It's all a matter of context.

Personally though, I have no quarrels with the word fenian, I utilize it often.

It is derogatory, towards the terrorist cheerleaders. I doubt many people this day in age would call some old lady attending Sunday mass a fenian (in which case i'd fully endorse a charge of racial prejudice), it's much more likely to be reserved for the smelly's protesting about poppies, singing about the Provo, or Anthony Stokes, his rifle-peddaling Father/Uncle and his RIRA social circles.

There seems to be a common argument coming out of the East End... Our songs/chants aren't sectarian, they are political comment*

*unless we're being insulted for them, in which case, they're religious.

not just about arrests but the club will be punished also so do as you will but don't moan about the repercussions

If the club can afford to pay Brian Stockbridge hundreds of thousands in bonuses for his successful reign as financial director, i'm sure they can afford a lawyer.

What about the last series of Downton Abbey where the word 'fenian' was used on National TV more than once?

Surely the producers would have been arrested? therefore the word 'fenian' must be acceptable, which leaves the word 'blood'

Is 'blood' now a word that is likely to cause offence?

Best advice is to find the clips of the show and play them in Court then ask 'what is the difference'?

Was funny as fuck to hear on such a prestigious show from Lord Grantham himself 'He is not a fenian is he'?

No arrests were made...............

Fuck they cunts am gonna go mental.Bigotry,sectarianism will be oozin out of me.

Mibbe a bit of homophobia as well.

Ra polis wont arrest you on a sectarian breach, it'll be a simple breach of the peace (BOP) and the fiscal will prosecute via a letter after you have spent a night in the poky. It can become expensive defending a BOP and most people plead guilty via fiscal fine, as it's cheaper.

Ra polis wont arrest you on a sectarian breach, it'll be a simple breach of the peace (BOP) and the fiscal will prosecute via a letter after you have spent a night in the poky. It can become expensive defending a BOP and most people plead guilty via fiscal fine, as it's cheaper.

I was nuder the impression if you plead not guilty a lawyer from Legal Aid can be appointed to you? 1 of the supporters groups should set up a fund to help fans out with legal fees when they are being hounded by the SNP's Yestapo, shiting all over freedom of speech.

Although you may win a case in the Scottish courts the Scottish football authorities have their own rules and dont always follow the law of the land (or uefa) as we well know.

25 000 bears blasting out the REAL version would have the club punished have no doubt about that!

If I ever get lifted for singing it I will just point oot the fact as I was sent to a catholic primary school before going on to a protestant secondary school I could easily play the card that technically on paper I'm catholic and do not find it offensive,,, as I'm in no way a republican, irish loving, poppy hating, anti British, child beasting chunt, and there lies yer difference you honour !

:7325:

Sorry bud, you did NOT go to a Protestant school. There is no such thing.

I got lifted when the act first came out for singing king billy on the wall. Got to court and pf said no case to answer other than a simple breach of peace. Had I not got myself.in bother a few years back I was willing to take it the full road. All the way to Europe if need be. But as said I have a past and didn't want that getting dragged though the papers etc

Cost me £500.00 and my lawyer done it for half price as he had Not her case to do for me on an unrelated matter . But aye it could be expensive. As I said on another thread. Every beat who attend that day. Get a fund set up 5 quid a heads cost covered. Cover faces and belt it out

You need to be able to distinguish between someone calling themselves 'Paddy McCourts fenian army', to calling someone a 'fenian' - which is meant in a derogatory fashion. It's all a matter of context.

Personally though, I have no quarrels with the word fenian, I utilize it often.

No you don't. Hence the reason Spurs fans were banned from referring to themselves as "Yids"

Why doesn't the OP just sing it loud and proud in a policeman a face, get arrested - and fight it through the courts himself! ?

This a bit of a puerile comment, is it not?

We'd all like to sing TBB without the threat of a criminal conviction and the adverse effect on your life that would likely follow.

As someone said scarf over mouth and there is no evidence so no conviction."

"Your honour, my client loves singing the song but does't like to sing the 'arrestable words' so he covered his mouth with his scarf in order that there would be no possible evidence to show that he did sing the 'arrestable words'." "Does the prosecution have any such evidence?"

With a shirt and tie on that might do. :lol: