I've Never Seen A Hint Of Trouble At An Old Firm

Gaz52

I've been going since 2001 and I can honestly say hand on heart that I've never been caught up in or witnessed any Old Firm violence.

Obviously I've seen videos of the Hampden riot etc but it seems to me crowd trouble at an Old Firm has been non-existent for a number of years, or does it happen and go unreported?

Share your stories, especially if you were at Hampden that day, did you get involved?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

most goes on away from the game these days when fans are on the way home. most of the ones I went to back in the 70s were bad trains buses getting stoned and the fans getting off the bus to have a go also in the wee villages where there was only one pub could be quiet lively on a Saturday night.

I've seen all sorts of bad behaviour and violence at Old Firm games in my time, everything from verbal and physical abuse, sectarianism,breaches of the peace, grievious bodily harm, pre-meditated violence, even attempted manslaughter.

No, not just by the fans themselves, that was just the players on the pitch. :thumbup:

Was at the Hampden riot , right at the back of the Rangers end , the old favourite Sect J , and one of my biggest memories was the amount of bottles thrown at the end of the game. Most of which were landing at the front of our own terracing. Pretty stupid when you think , in those days it was the youngsters that went down there. Many fans tryin going to get onto the pitch were also getting hit .

Same thing happened at the piggery about the same time ( ? ) when they scored in the last minute on a Wednesday night , and seem to recall someone at the Rangers end getting a terrible injury because of it ( police chiefs son ? ) .

I'm neither for or against alcohol being sold at games , but banning fans bringing in carry out missiles is one of the few ideas that has actually worked .

There's never much trouble at the games, it's down Partick etc the problems start

Watched the game where we won the league after beating Dundee Utd 3-0 in the Victoria in Partick. Everyone poured out onto the street singing the billy boys outside the scum pubs further along the road. :lol: Some day it was.

I've been going since 2001 and I can honestly say hand on heart that I've never been caught up in or witnessed any Old Firm violence.

Obviously I've seen videos of the Hampden riot etc but it seems to me crowd trouble at an Old Firm has been non-existent for a number of years, or does it happen and go unreported?

Share your stories, especially if you were at Hampden that day, did you get involved?

I was at Hampden that day & I was also on the pitch at the end. I actually tried to stop my psycho brother from vaulting the fence but ended up following him onto the park. All I can remember is standing in the centre circle singing the sash.

Watched the game where we won the league after beating Dundee Utd 3-0 in the Victoria in Partick. Everyone poured out onto the street singing the billy boys outside the scum pubs further along the road. :lol: Some day it was.

You saying we are mental from partick. No

Not us

With hatchets hammers Stanley knives and spanners. We won the league feck know s when it was now. First time about 200 from rosie walked long to smiddy for a boxing match then I remember us doing mock huddle outside the rosie stopping traffic and police tried to move us and we sat down. Giving it the cry was no surrender. Good old times

I also got jumped off three tarrier in partick and tried to stab me. Got away with a few punches and a sprained ankle. Got one decent punch into one of the cunts and smacked him right off a shop window and he crumbled

Only time I like being 16 stone. Haha

Was at the Hampden riot , right at the back of the Rangers end , the old favourite Sect J , and one of my biggest memories was the amount of bottles thrown at the end of the game. Most of which were landing at the front of our own terracing. Pretty stupid when you think , in those days it was the youngsters that went down there. Many fans tryin going to get onto the pitch were also getting hit .

Same thing happened at the piggery about the same time ( ? ) when they scored in the last minute on a Wednesday night , and seem to recall someone at the Rangers end getting a terrible injury because of it ( police chiefs son ? ) .

I'm neither for or against alcohol being sold at games , but banning fans bringing in carry out missiles is one of the few ideas that has actually worked .

That Wednesday night game with the cops son getting hit by a bottle rings a bell. Was that when McGarvey scored?

Was probably the only time i was ever in the middle terrace at Hampden, which suggests tickets were hard to get.

Sometimes the surge of adrenalin of a crowd takes you to places you would not otherwise be, so if had been in Rangers end might have ended up on the park.

As it was watched the whole thing from the relative calm of the mid terrace as the Gers fans surged on the park (I'm sure first) then the tims.

Was totally isolated from the riot itself as was already on a downer from the cellic extra time goal (McCluskey ?).

Watched it play out until the police horses re-gained control about 20-30 minutes later then went home..

When I got home my sister who wasn't into football had seen it on TV and said "You lot were a disgrace today". I told her I stayed on the terrace.she said "You had the same scarf on though", which brought home the fact I could be guilty by association, which made me think a great deal afterwards about football's association with the bad stuff rather than the good stuff in those days (just about every big team had a violent following then),asI believe football, if run properly and treated properly is such a great thing for the general good.

I've watched loads of documentaries on the telly and even the Danny Dyer ones (so not sure how truthful) but the press and people make out like there is gonna be hell at an old firm game but when you look at places like Brazil and Argentina and see the violence over there you realise the guys over here are a bunch of fannies, years back there was a bit of violence but TBH it was mostly the young teams just looking for a fight with any cunt, I think most of it is just from cunts who drink to much then start hitting the wife, they should stop jailing these people as it wastes time and money, they should just make it the police can put the cunts in a cell and give him a kicking and when they sober up in the morning they should get another slap with a warning they will get a bigger slap next time and then sent up the road.

Not quite trouble .

But couldn't get a ticket for the piggery on the fourth game of Souness's first season. So decided to go to c.....c end , myself. Snorkel jacket zipped up and thought I'd stand next to the biggest polis I could find.

Pretty early on , it was obvious I wasn't alone. Tims scored and around me . . . nothing. One by one , scarves came out . . . lifted. Kept my mouth shut till just after halftime when we were two down and then Ally scored , and you just couldn't keep it in . Nor could others all around me. Within seconds the polis formed a chain and ushered us all out . If I could have picked up all the coins thrown at us , it would have kept me going on rum all night !

Ended up going to the Keystane to see the final score where John a Brown was having a shandy or two.

We were about halfway down the terracing in Section J that day, watching the battling on the pitch as bottles whizzed over our heads. One of my mates decided he was going to join in the fisticuffs so he went down to the front and started to climb the fence. As he was balanced on the top, a full Pomagne bottle launched from the back caught him right on the head and knocked him flying, luckily he toppled back into the terracing side rather than on to the track where he would probably have got lifted.

We got the daft cunt back on his feet and he was too drunk to even know what had happened, never mind feel any pain :D

No violence at all seen by myself only shouting banter at each other and that's how football should be. There is no need for football to descend towards this and I do hope we all come through this unscathed.....including a respectable scoreline!