I've Never Seen A Hint Of Trouble At An Old Firm

Gaz52

Horrible game decided by a horrible,flukey goal.

We were driving back to Motherwell after the game and decided on a detour for (another!) beer thru Cambuslang.

Not knowing the area but in the knowledge that C/lang is BLUE we just stopped at the first pub we came too.

In we went...............................It was wall to wall,floor to ceiling, green,white and gold!!!

No fuckin way were we retreating so we strolled up to the bar and ordered drinks.

We got a few snide comments but nothing else............fuckin cowards!( we were 5,they were 50/60 and they just stood there chirping away)

Now,if that had been some orcs coming in to the War Office in M/well for a bevvy,things would have ended differently.

Dirty,sleekit,cowardly,unwashed bastards!

What pub?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the 1980 game and personally got involved in a ruck outside Ibrox in about 1982 when we stupidly went too near to their end.

Was in a pub that filled up with Them near Parkhead and there was a stramash but not involving us but did involve glasses getting thrown and that was probably in the 80s too.

Apart from that I have been to near to 100 OF games certainly more than 80 and havent seen any disorder.

In fact I saw a documentary about Britain From the Air by Andrew Marr and he pointed out that the potential flashpoint at Ibrox was policed by a single row of cops and had a dozen on each side briefly shouting at each other and then moving on.

saw some daft bheast before a game at Ibrox in amongst the supporters buses. Wearing his green and grey his was getting punched and kicked down the road.

82 LC final coming back thru gorbals on bus two groups running at each other throwing bottles at each other. one group retreats round corner of high flats and the charges back - milk crate full of bottles comes flying out. funny to watch but i guess you had to be there!!

I've never seen any trouble at the ground just usually in the city centre afterwards. I've never understood though when you go to the San Giro, the fence that seperates us from them, why do they stick their boggin wee hands through it? Last time I went though a Bear was crouched down trying to light their hands on fire haha!

I got my season ticket taken off me and banned for trying to incitie a riot. Ray Wilkins gave my a bit of an earful inside Ibrox! Cheers Ray. :D Good laugh in the cells. Mr Stone had just done his thing and the tunes were flowing.

Got lifted off the bus with my mate at Parkhead Cross for allegedly throwing a bottle of piss at them. That was lively!

Few slaps here and there.

Was on a council bus that Celtic fans chased, boarded and leathered Gers fans after the 5 - 1 game.

Seen fifty ICF batter a random Celtic fan in city centre.

Seen loads of fights over the years.

Have a bad feeling about Sunday.

Both your stories sound like utter bullocks, wtf is a council bus?... And 50 guys battering one?..nae bother :)

saw some daft bheast before a game at Ibrox in amongst the supporters buses. Wearing his green and grey his was getting punched and kicked down the road.

82 LC final coming back thru gorbals on bus two groups running at each other throwing bottles at each other. one group retreats round corner of high flats and the charges back - milk crate full of bottles comes flying out. funny to watch but i guess you had to be there!!

Coming back from a game at the San Giro our bus got the windows panned in the Gorbals. Some of us get off and chased the wee bastards but when they ran behind a block of of flats someone had the foresight to sense an ambush so we went back to the bus at that point.

Coming back from a game at the San Giro our bus got the windows panned in the Gorbals. Some of us get off and chased the wee bastards but when they ran behind a block of of flats someone had the foresight to sense an ambush so we went back to the bus at that point.

Shitebags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was that the Partick loyal bus?

I remember being on it the Saturday after the Moorgate disaster doh

At Copland road waiting to go to St Enochs, every train jampacked with them, finally a train comes in first carriage almost empty yes!!! ah fuck! other carriages full of them, decides to get on the first carriage with a few other bears.

Gets off at St Enoch fucking surrounded, head up the first flight of stairs in a wee group of bears, turn right and head up the second flight, most of the unwashed go left and up the other flight, some clever cunt in front of me pulls out a flute and starts playing the sash :lol: cue a shower of bottles coming from below and from the other flight of stairs, fucking bedlam, me and 2 mates manage to duck and dive through them and out the entrance of the station.

As we made our way away from the station looked back and the guy with the flute was surrounded by a few mhanks saying "play yer flute now ya.......", think he got away with it though, silly cunt :lol:

Ive walked up through the gallowgate to torbett towers with colours on and didnt even get any verbal abuse, ive seen a tim in colours walk by a beer garden full of bears and shout "ha ha" (like we'd shout hello hello) and nothing happened. Ive never felt in danger going to the football, if theres bother this weekend its partly down to the media stirring it.

That's the way we always walked back from Hampden. Saw lots of random trouble there after old firm games in the seventies. Especially as both sets of supporter's buses and the corporation buses, alternatively full of either Gers fans or cellic fans converged there. Lots of bus windows broken by botttles, and randoms would jump off the back of the open buses back then for a fight.

After one game we'd bought some curry and rice to eat whilst walking back to town centre for more drinking. We were going through the Gorbals near traffic lights as an open backed corporation bus full of tims went by, so I lobbed the curry dish at the back of the bus and it copped about half a dozen tims. Bloody lights turned red, bus stopped and about a dozen tims started running for the four of us. When they got close the lights turned green and they all ran back to the bus. The Protestant God works in strange ways sometimes.

We used to have to avoid the odd bottle coming down from the high rise flats as well. and quite often CID would catch the real nutters wandering their way through the Gorbals before they got as far as the town centre to cause real trouble.

100s of arrests, and lots of serious injuries from fights were the norm in the seventies, but would only get a mention in a wee paragraph down the bottom of the back pages in the Sunday papers.

I thought that was a rab wilson post there , no offence if your reading rab

nae offence, but what do you mean? 99 at the piggery with my cousin was the day I fought for the rangers, and fuckin took a broken jaw and nose,3 ribs, and still managed to get over to ibrox before the pain made me pass out.remember me and tommy standing against the wall outside queen's street station, out of breath and battered he wad saying "rab leave it, youll fuck yersel for good", as I was tryin to punch my own jaw straight,.jaw clicks and bangs when I eat, cant eat in company.

im no a hard bastard compared to some, but I held my own for the rangers that night on many occasions,

of which im extremely proud. Still to some its just a rab wilson story, whatever, the navy blue lacoste polo and rangers scarf from that night are vacuum packed in the wardrobe , and they will be sittin next to me and my boys on the sofa the morra.

No Surrender

Rab