Cnn Sport - Old Firm Derby Week.

Inigo

So, if we wondered how important the OF derby is to the exposure given to, and the prestige of, Scottish Football, does this leave any doubt?

CNN Sport are having their own week long build-up, apparently. A section called Old Firm Derby Week.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/30/football/old-firm-reunited/

An American perspective. Have a wee read, and watch the video.

Thoughts?

Years of overspending, inept ownership and the catastrophic adoption of Employee Benefit Trusts (EBTs)-- a financial vehicle designed to reduce the levels of income and national insurance tax companies pay -- saw Rangers implode in spectacular fashion.

The club staggered into administration in early 2012 before winding up a matter of months later, unable to find a buyer willing to take on its imposing debts and a potentially large tax bill from outstanding court cases relating to EBT use. A tribunal later found the majority of these did not break the law although the UK tax authorities are appealing this verdict.

I get that he's maybe tried to simplify the whole Rangers situation for Americans but this part is just not true. Murray did find a buyer who paid off these "imposing debts" but the wee cunt didn't pay the taxes. I might be getting my knickers in a twist over nothing but that makes it look like we just couldn't find someone to buy us and completely ignores the role Murray/Whyte had in this whole mess.

I get that he's maybe tried to simplify the whole Rangers situation for Americans but this part is just not true. Murray did find a buyer who paid off these "imposing debts" but the wee cunt didn't pay the taxes. I might be getting my knickers in a twist over nothing but that makes it look like we just couldn't find someone to buy us and completely ignores the role Murray/Whyte had in this whole mess.

It's slightly lazily put, but far from the worst I've seen, I would say. At least he acknowledges 'potentially'. He could have done with explaining briefly in brackets that the potential tax bill never materialised.

It's slightly lazily put, but far from the worst I've seen, I would say. At least he acknowledges 'potentially'. He could have done with explaining briefly in brackets that the potential tax bill never materialised.

Yeah I'd have expected it to be more one sided when I saw the writers name :lol:

150126171350-rangers-fan-middle-finger-s

Get it right up them my man :lol:

Would anyone like to admit to being this man? The photo's from 1991.

I'm going to guess tannerall.

Moustache and trackie top with denims, no way. Not a cool look. That was just the guy next to me who I sent down to the front to advise any tims who may have missed it we were one goal up.

Looks like fucking Begbie!

Moustache and trackie top with denims, no way. Not a cool look. That was just the guy next to me who I sent down to the front to advise any tims who may have missed it we were one goal up.

Hmm. From now on, whenever I see you getting annoyed and telling someone not to act like a ned, this is what I'll be visualising...

begbie-o.gif