Ibrox Memorial Statue In George Square Petition

Coopsleftpeg

There is a petition started in the hope of a statue in George Square of the nurse outside Ibrox on 2/1/1971 - an iconic image and something I think that should have been done many years ago to represent the work of all that terrible day and in every day life in Scotland of the health works, emergency services n everyday people.....

All signatures welcome and shares across all social media appreciated.

The 1971 Ibrox Disaster was and remains Scotlands worst football tragedy.

post-65532-0-43277400-1422648013_thumb.j
Glasgow to so many of its sons who never came home on 2/1/71 as well as the other men & children from around the country and Margaret Ferguson from Falkirk.
We petition Glasgow City Council to build this statue before the 50th anniversary in 2021 on George Square

Build a statue of the 'Ibrox Disaster Nurse' on George Square in Glasgowhttp://www.ipetitions.com/petition/build-a-statue-of-the-ibrox-disaster-nurse-on/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=button via @ipetitions

Yes, yes, yes, it's such an iconic picture. And it transcends everything that is either good or bad in the football culture, and epitomises what is important in life.

And the best thing is, it does not matter if she was Protestant, Catholic, Jewish, Muslim etc.etc. She was just a ordinary nurse doing a heroic job, in a time of great tragedy which affected all the communities in my great city

And it remembers the fallen and injured and those who still suffer. We will never forget.

Great call my man. (tu)

Not from Glasgow.

Yeah, you're probably right that there should be.

I can't say I'm all that concerned, because there is a memorial, though. Who sponsored it doesn't bother me so much as that the fact that it is recognised and remembed.

Yeah, you're probably right that there should be.

I can't say I'm all that concerned, because there is a memorial, though. Who sponsored it doesn't bother me so much as that the fact that it is recognised and remembed.

Aye. We don't need their memorial. Got one, though I don't agree with it being associated with player and businessman.

signed but as others have said, i cant see any labour council ever approving it! Would like to see a memorial though in George square that does celebrate our emergency services and how they have served the city in times of need. Could comprise of 3 or 4 figures with the image of the nurse representing our doctors and nurses, also recall an image of a fireman fighting the Graftons fire and am sure there will be others.

Just an idea!