Random Rangers Hero

The Hammer 11

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pedro Mendes. His passing range was unreal and I honestly believe he found the level here too easy.

His goal against them will be forever in my memory. Was debating with a work mate the last night what goal was better Mendes or Konterman, I said the difference is the ball could have went anywhere when Bert hit it but we all knew where it was heading when Mendes hit it, even before his boot connected I knew.

Sebastian Rozental, I was like a pig in shit when he signed.

I'm sure Kenny Dalglish alerted us to him and Seb was very highly regarded in Chile.

Gutted it never worked out for us.

I was the same, couldn't wait to see him play. Then it seemed like one problem after another with him so he never really got a run in the team at all. Was it his knees or something - can't quite remember.

Sebastian Rozental, I was like a pig in shit when he signed.

I'm sure Kenny Dalglish alerted us to him and Seb was very highly regarded in Chile.

Gutted it never worked out for us.

I liked him because I was WWF mad at the time and reckoned he looked like Shawn Michaels.

Loved Mikel Arteta when he played here.

26418-mikel-arteta.jpg

Also remember being really disappointed with Aaron after seeing him play because he was quality on football manager :lol:

Aaron was sensational for my Rangers team in football manager ?

Wouldn't say he was disappointing I've seen worse at Ibrox. Think he had the potential just needed more game time. Mind you if I remember right we only had him on a season long loan so didn't really have the time to integrate him in to the team.

I was younger and didn't fully understand the circumstances...loved Tore Andre Flo and thought he was going to score 40+ a season.

This man a legend in my eyes too..

article-1194625-0078193700000578-485_468

My main memory of Daily in a Rangers Jersey was him getting sent off in the first minute of a reserve game at Murray Park, top was straight off given to a fan then straight to the changing rooms!

Can't actually remember if we won that game or not.

Yup, Seb Rozental is the one I always bring up. Extremely talented player and superb finisher. Followed him when he was playing in Chile (and again after us) and couldn't be managed to pull off his signing. Really gutted it went the way it did. As I said recently; we've had a few sore ones, but he's the main one for me.

Stuart McCall was one of my all time favorite Ranger players, Laudrup as well.

As for a little more random, Miko and Huistra would be the other main two.

Davie Mitchell.

Ally Dawson.If it wasn't for that accident,what a player he could have been

Jan Bartram. Looked the business..then turned out to be a bit of a fanny.

used to get shoot magazine sent to germany every week, big mitchell was centre spread one week, that poster I still have now, alongside the the first iain ferguson.even though the gers disappointed pre souness, the game I will take to my grave is the one I came home for,3-1 v inter at ibrox, the loudest ive ever heard ibrox at some points of that game.

it was 2 years before I saw rangers in the flesh after that, but that night kept this wee glasgow 12yo going for those 2 years, fuckin loved iain ferguson.

No Surrender

Rab

Inigo, on 31 Jan 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:Inigo, on 31 Jan 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:

When I was about 11 for some reason I really liked Tom Cowan. He did a wee thing when he stopped running where he kicked the ground with his toes that I used to copy.

He only played 12 games for us before getting a bad injury in the title winning game at Ibrox v the Sheep in '91 and then moving away.

He stubbed his big toe once two often. Wee Willie Henderson was mine.

Nigel Spackman, Dale Gordon , Colin West, Kevin Drinkell, Robert Prytz, Big slim Macpherson, Bomber, Huistra!! Ally Dawson, Ted McMinn, Ian Redford, Sandy Clarke, Scott Nisbet, to name but a few, the list is endless tbh, all great players who were out shone by our stars of the time.

Stuart Munro - £15,000. Derek Fergie ran the game in our 1986 League Cup win against the Mhanky Mob.

I loved clever Trevor Steven and Ray Wilkins.

As a young bear big DJ held mythical status with me.

The aforementioned Bobby Williamson scored 2 goals in the first Gers game I ever attended. A wet pre season reserve game in 1986 at Brockville. Any one out there with any details of that game I would love to see who else was playing.