Man Utd next season

Van Gal in a recent interview stated that he will be playing a 3-5-2 formation (similar system to what he used with the Dutch at the World Cup).

The question is, do Man Utd have the right players to play this system?

Personally, I don't think they do. Where are the likes of Mata, Felliani and Kagawa going to fit into this system?

I don't believe they have enough good centre backs and central midfielders to play this system either.

De Gea

Smalling Jones Evans

Valencia Herrera Carrick ??? Shaw

Van Persie Rooney

Don't think the backline is anywhere near strong enough. They need two quality centre backs IMO.

If they can get Vidal then the midfield is looking pretty solid.

All depends on who they bring in and let go I suppose.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Van Gal in a recent interview stated that he will be playing a 3-5-2 formation (similar system to what he used with the Dutch at the World Cup).

The question is, do Man Utd have the right players to play this system?

Personally, I don't think they do. Where are the likes of Mata, Felliani and Kagawa going to fit into this system?

I don't believe they have enough good centre backs and central midfielders to play this system either.

De Gea

Smalling Jones Evans

Valencia Herrera Carrick ??? Shaw

Van Persie Rooney

Don't think the backline is anywhere near strong enough. They need two quality centre backs IMO.

If they can get Vidal then the midfield is looking pretty solid.

All depends on who they bring in and let go I suppose.

I think it'll be 3-4-1-2 with Mata in behind Rooney and RVP up front. Herrera and another in CM.

I think Rafael will be first choice RB fullback. They need 1 CB if not 2. A central midfielder would also be good.

Under Van Gaal though I'd be shocked if they didn't make it back into the top four (tu)

Not a chance United are signing Muller, Cavani, Vidal and Hummels :lol:

Already been an agreement between Utd and Juve for Vidal so that looks close to being tied up, Hummels there's agood chance he will sign, the other 2 i'm not sure about and for the record i never said that would be their team i said if they get all their targets that could be a likely line up.

At present I don't think they're squad is all that good. No better than the others competing for top 4. I think no European football will seriously work in their favour though and end up finishing above the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal.

I thought they'd be a lot further along than they are when it comes to getting rid of the deadwood and signing players. I suppose Van Gaal needs time to evaluate his squad but the season starts soon.

I can't see them getting Cavani, Reus or Hummels but Vidal would be a superb signing and he seems to be the most likely. They really need a centre back though.

Wouldn't they be breaking the FFP regulations to spend that much?

Prob would be mate hard to say tho without now facts n figures tho of course.. Talk of a new kit deal been worth millions and the new shirt sponsor as well So dont know if these figures will impact on those rules

Nani

Fellaini

Hernandez

Carrick or young.

Selling 4 of these players or even the full 5 to get in the 4 signings mentioned in this thread could easily get man u 80-100million.. Some teams across Europe would pay 20million for each.. Not one is worth it but the transfer window down south is bonkers