Dave Whelan

Murtaugh

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly mainly read the forum daily (fucking hourly these days!)... but in this case wanted to point out- OP is on the fucking wind up!

First Whelan is in the press for un-pc behaviour, then he's linked with us in 'a few of the Sunday papers down in Wigan'.

:shifty:

Get this cunt tae fuck!

• 1 month later...

(tu)

I doubt he would hand the role to his grandson if he was planning to sell up.

Exactly. I'd doubt it even less when he put out a statement yesterday saying this;

"I am approaching 80 years old and spend an increasingly long time abroad, and cannot make it to games. It is a decision I have been mulling over for some years and I believe David is now ready.

"Contrary to some suggestions, there are no plans to sell the club, which will remain in family hands and I have every confidence that David, along with chief executive Jonathan Jackson, will lead us forwards with wisdom."

He appointed his inexperienced 23 year old grandson as Chairman of Wigan, he'll fit right in with our jobs for the boys mentality

To be fair, his grandson will essentially have been doing that job for the past year with Whelan shadowing him. It's not much experience but it's hardly a bizarre appointment.

To be fair, his grandson will essentially have been doing that job for the past year with Whelan shadowing him. It's not much experience but it's hardly a bizarre appointment.

Honestly, to me it just seems like Whelan getting out of the firing line after the nonsense he has spouted in the last year. His grandson will be nothing more than a figurehead while Dave pulls the strings.