*** Rm Sponsors' Fund - New Members Welcome!

govanblue

*** Note that this Fundraiser is NOT for existing Fund Members - only for new recruits.

Dear RangersMedia Members,

The RangersMedia Sponsors’ Fund (current membership: 161 Good RM Bears) is currently looking for new members. We've been very successful so far this season and I believe that there are quite a few RM members out there who would like a wee nudge to help them sign up, so that they can support our cause/get involved/do their bit/sleep at night :D.

This is that wee nudge.

To be a member, all you have to do is

1: Be a Good Bear

2: Be a RangersMedia Member

3: Support Rangers :21:

The membership fee is £10 per season (not per month!). So sign up now and that’s all you need to donate until the new season kicks off.

Your £10 is guaranteed to be spent wisely and effectively. I will post below a list of what we’ve done this season already.

New RM Members: If you’re a newer member, who wasn't around when we had the annual recruitment, and you've seen all this Fund stuff and want to play a part in it, then this is your chance. Just ask any questions you have on this thread.

Long-Term RM members: If you’re a long-term member who has resisted signing up, convinced that it had to be a scam (or for whatever reason) – now is the perfect opportunity to reappraise that decision. The Hall of Fame is in Alphabetical order, not Chronological. (tu)

Existing Sponsors' Fund Members: Thanks again for your support. :thumbup: Do you know anyone on RM who isn't a member of the Fund yet? If so, why not urge/persuade/wager/blackmail them into signing up to the Fund.

If all 132 existing members each got one other RM member to sign up, wouldn't that be just swell?

As many Fund Members will testify, there are lots of benefits to membership (some minor, some major, far too many to list).

But it’s not about the member benefits - they’re just a bonus. But one benefit you might want to be aware of is that only Fund Members will be able to participate in our upcoming Fundraising Auction. So if you're not a Fund Member, andyou fancy that Orange Arveladze Framed Shirt, you’re gonna have to part with a tenner first. (tu)

To Join The Fund:

1: Go to RangersMedia PayPal Donate page

2: Donate a minimum of £10 through PayPal (more if you wish! (tu) ) – (add your RM username as a paypal note if you can)

3: PM me and tell me you’ve donated

4: Lie back and enjoy your rediscovered feelings of joy in Supporting Rangers. :21:

Concession Memberships:

There is no half-season discount offer, because no matter when you join, you automatically gain an equal share in everything we’ve done so far this season - because a tenner now is as good as it was at the beginning of the season. So if you can afford a tenner, give it to the Fund and give yourself a big pat on the back for everything you’ve achieved already this season! (tu)

We are however piloting a Brand-New Concession Scheme. Here’s how it works:

Sometimes those of us lucky enough to have a regular income and very few expenses tend to forget that it’s not always possible to justify donating £10 when you’ve got no job, bills to pay, hungry kids, etc. (Students I’m not so sure about – they get it too easy already!)

So if that strikes a chord with you, and you’d really like to join the Fund and get involved, but can’t afford it then here’s what you do:

PM me and say something like “can I have a concession membership please. Reason: No job.”

You will then find you have become a Loyal Fund Member (free of charge) just like all the other Good Bears, with full voting and participation rights. Your concession status will remain completely private between you and me. Not even Admin will know.

So if that's something that could help you, don't let pride get in the way of you doing the right thing! :D

Here is a reminder of what we've spent those tenners on so far this season...

Spent so far Season 2014/15 (most recent at top):

£300 - 25 Fernando Ricksen Tribute Match Tickets for Combat Stress (Sponsors' Fund)

£288 - 24 Fernando Ricksen Tribute Match Tickets for Quarriers Stopover (Teddy Bears' Fund)

£138 - 13 Fernando Ricksen Tribute Match Tickets for Erskine Homes (Erskine Lunch Fund)

£120 - Megastore Shopping for Erskine Veterans Ibrox Day Out (Sponsors' Fund)

£40 - Ibrox Staff tips (for Erskine Veterans Ibrox Day Out - Waiting staff, tour guide, Shop helpers)

£130 - Argyle Lunch for Erskine Veterans (Erskine Lunch Fund)

£52 - 26 Rising Stars (v Livingston)
£63 - Selection Boxes and Christmas Biscuits (Teddy Bears' Fund - Glasgow South West Food Bank)

£14.10 - Postage for raffle prizes
£500 - Cash Donation (shared amongst 5 Erskine Care Homes)
£20 - 10 Rising Stars (v Cowdenbeath)
£36 - 2 Match Tickets for Erskine (v Cowdenbeath)
£20 - 10 Rising Stars (v Alloa)
£40 - 1 Ibrox Paving Brick for Fund Member
£20 - 10 Rising Stars (v Falkirk)
£200 - 5 Rangers Bricks for Fund Members
£40 - Rangers Lotto (annual subscription for a Fund Member)
£50 - Match programme subscription for Combat Stress (Hollybush House)
£56 - Megastore purchases (Gifts for Jak Trueman)
£112 - Match tickets for Combat Stress (Armed Forces Day)
£33 - Match tickets for Erskine (Armed forces Day)
£20 - 10 Rising Stars
£16 - 16 Rangers Scratchcards
£84 - Rangers Lotto (2 annual subscriptions for the Fund)
£84 - Rangers Lotto (2 annual subscriptions for 2 members)
£40 - 20 Rising Stars (We won £100!)
£72 - 3 tickets for Combat Stress (v ICT)
£93 - 5 Tickets for Erskine Homes (v ICT)
£200 - Rangers Ladies - Sponsorship of 2 Home Matches
£100 - Rangers Ladies - Sponsorship of 2 U-13 Players
£20 - 10 Rising Stars (v QOTS)
£60 - Rangers Lotto (2 new Lotto group members)
£150 – Auchenhowie Fan Panel
£200 – 5 Ibrox Paving Bricks
£20 – 10 Rising Stars tickets (v Dumbarton)
£15 – 5 x match programmes for Quarriers Stopover group
£200 – 4 x match programme annual subscriptions for Erskine Homes
£31 – 1 ticket v Hearts for Quarriers Stopover group (from Teddy Bears’ Fund)
£50 – 25 Rising Stars v Hearts
£312 – Rangers Lotto (£104 from Fund, £208 from 4 members’ direct donations)
£70 – 70 Rangers Scratchcards
£80 – 2 Ibrox Paving Bricks

Total spent so far this season: £4189.10

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

govanblue

Instructions for guests:

1: Donate £10 using the link above

2: Log in using your existing RM account details - ya lazy git.

3: Send me a PM

4: Log out, never to be heard of again, but safely enshrineded in the Sponsors' Fund Hall of Fame

Instructions for ghuests:

This is your donation link here...

http://www.gofundme.com/lagusk

(tu)

There's lots of financial experts ( or profess to be financial experts) in the boardroom section - surely ( Shirley) they see the value of joining up?

( or do you just feel sort of unclean if you stray into the boardroom section and this avoid it? )

:pipe:

There's lots of financial experts ( or profess to be financial experts) in the boardroom section - surely ( Shirley) they see the value of joining up?

Maybe what we need is a Loyal Fund Member who posts a lot in the B&F section to start a thread there, and encourage everyone to come here (tu) - they just ignore me. :(

I know I said I'd keep the concession applications confidential, but this one moved me so much, that I felt I had to share it with you.

Can I have a concession membership please. Reason: Every time i go to watch my team playing football I get mugged off the same guy.

I think he knows I will just put my hands up and give him what I have so any help would be great as it is my daughers birthday on Friday and I was wanting to buy her a card. I am also overdue on my council tax and my grandson asked me if I would buy him a comic at the weekend.

ps. my fridge is empty - I am even using the same teabags twice and white emulsion paint instead of milk.

Application: REJECTED.

Reason: I'm sure you could get a tenner for that fridge on gumtree. (tu)

If you want I can help you out with that mugger though. Usual Protection Rates apply. (tu)

So that's two new Fund Members signed up so far - newlanarkboy and Perth_Campsie_Ger (who signed up two days ago, before I made this thread)

Welcome to you both. :thumbup: Your names are now enshrined in the Sponsors' Fund Hall of Fame

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=272037

Also in that thread, you will find a relatively complete chronicle of all the good stuff that's happened this season ("Good Deeds").

You can keep an eye on our Accounts in the first post of the Accounts thread...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=272856

And anything you want to talk about, you can talk about in that thread too, because it's also the official discussion thread. (It's relatively quiet, because most projects end up with their own thread (like this one) and the discussions happen there instead, but feel free to ask anything you want on the discussion thread, or give us any suggestions, or have an opinion on something. (tu).

Cheers Bleary_Eyed_Bear (tu)

Welcome to the Fund - bet you're glad to get out of that waiting room! (tu)

Hope the Hall of Fame is more to your liking.

You are member 134 :thumbup:

So, for the keen Fund-Spotters amongst you, that leaves us with 3 names on the waiting list:

Bobby Hume

The Hammer 11

tartansmokie

So keep your eyes open for them - I'm sure they'll be along soon. :thumbup: