*** The Official Fund Members Framed Shirts Auction Thread

govanblue

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to laugh at Perth_Campsie_Ger - every time he bumps this thread, he potentially reduces his chances of winning the shirt he's after!

Such Selflessness for the Fund - Gotta Love It! :thumbup:

You have got to be in it to win it and the more the fund earns the more it can do with the cash and the more likely the RDF will contribute more tops which sooner or later I will manage to get my hands on one ?

Should we just take it to maximum bid and a ballot now then and give the one who doesnt win a chance to bid on other tops? (if GB will allow that)

You can bid on as many tops just now as you can only win one of them.

I'd imagine he wants to give everyone a chance to bid so i don't think he'd do that mate.

You can bid on as many tops just now as you can only win one of them.

I'd imagine he wants to give everyone a chance to bid so i don't think he'd do that mate.

it says in the op once the bidding for that shirt reaches the full amount bidding on that too ends and the bidders go into a ballot

So are we just gona keep outbidding each other by a fiver until we get to the max price (assuming its just us bidding on that top)

No.

It doesn't work that way.

If you bid £50, then come back later and increase your bid to £60 - that is not another bid. so the price won't go up. Only new bidders will make the price go up.

Should we just take it to maximum bid and a ballot now then and give the one who doesnt win a chance to bid on other tops? (if GB will allow that)

I've sent a PM to every Fund Member. But many of them only log in every now and then, so we need to allow a bit more time to make sure everyone's seen it. A couple more days should do it.

No.

It doesn't work that way.

If you bid £50, then come back later and increase your bid to £60 - that is not another bid. so the price won't go up. Only new bidders will make the price go up.

Ah right ok i didnt realise thats how it works. So we can end up getting it at the current price?

So I sent out a PM to all 145 Fund Members to tell you about the auction.

Most members have now read the PM, but 48 members haven't yet read it.

I'v bumped the PM again to those 48 members. We'll give them a day or two to hopefully log on, see the PM, and place any bids, and then we'll close the auction. (tu)

No need to bump the thread really. I'll update you all if anything exciting happens. (tu)

Shhh mate, I'm hoping folk have forgotten about this! :P

All the bids seem to be in, but due to other Fund Activities, I don;t have the time to deal with it just yet.

I want the girls at RDF to draw the names out of the hat for us, so the earliest opportunity might not be until the next home game.

But between now and the draw, I will be in contact with all bidders to let them know the final ballot price of the items they've bid on and ask them whether they want to be in the final ballot or not. (tu)