Season 2015/16

As someone who loves my club with a passion it pains me greatly to say that I don't want us to get promoted at the end of this season. In reality I don't see us getting through the playoffs and any hope of catching Hearts died last night.

The reason is that the idea of getting humped by septic four times next season is too much to stomach. Also the thought of fighting in a relegation battle at the end of next season fills me with dread. We have twelve players out of contract in less than three months and they

are not good enough or Rangers class to offer them new contracts.

Colours to the mast I am a big King supporter and dislike Ashley and his S.D. team with a vengeance. That being said I am not naive enough to think he can wave a magic wand and all our problems will disappear.

The answer in my humble opinion is another season in the championship to allow us time to rebuild. By that I mean new young players,new manager,new scouting setup installed. Also most importantly a full forensic inspection in order to get control of our retail arm and take to task previous board members who did not act in the best interest of Rangers.

What the op fails to grasp is the extra income the club would have in the SPFL, I believe if we gained promotion new investment would follow and a completely different squad would be on the park.

Another season in the Championship would cause more harm to the club IMO! Just look at Motherwell, they're having to look at cost cutting if they drop down.

The money is in the SPFL and that's where we have to be.

Would rather go up and try to sort our shit than stay here and try to do the same.

Better revenue streams and hopefully chance to attract a better calibre of player ( and manager?).

Yeah we'll likely get pumped from time to time but still see the benefits from being in the top league far outweighing those for staying here.

Unfortunately the players seem intent on keeping us where we are.

No, we have to be in the top league for various reasons.

We have to attract a fairly decent management team, which would be easier in the top group. We also need to see what we're up against. And of course, the historic record will show that we were only out of the top league for the 3 seasons, rather than 4.

Colours to the mast I'm a Rangers supporter, don't give a fuck about the make up of the board just as long as its competent, as for another season in this division get real, we need to be in the top division to sustain our survival!

In all honesty mate its not your coulors that you need to nail to the mast, its your balls!

What the op fails to grasp is the extra income the club would have in the SPFL, I believe if we gained promotion new investment would follow and a completely different squad would be on the park.

Another season in the Championship would cause more harm to the club IMO! Just look at Motherwell, they're having to look at cost cutting if they drop down.

The money is in the SPFL and that's where we have to be.

Ok I get it I am in the minority in this thread however I just feel that sometimes you need to take a step back in order for to take two steps forward.

To be fair you and some of the other posters have made a valid point that the income streams are in the premiership and that's where we need to be.

Roll on next Friday and lets get the healing process for our club started.

Get fuckin real and stop listening to those with agendas THE RANGERS don't go up this season and we are fucked, end of ! We've had 3 fcukin years to sort this out from the ground up with the second biggest budget in Scottish football and the footballing staff have made a howling cunt of it !

Why do you have to be in the Championship to rebuild? Seeing us get beat more than normal in the top division doesn't seem a good enough reason to me.

I think we need to get up, get more cash, and accept that we're going to struggle at first.

As long as we keep improving at a decent rate, that's fine.

As someone who loves my club with a passion it pains me greatly to say that I don't want us to get promoted at the end of this season.

I stopped there. Maybe we would get cuffed next year but financally it's a must. The amount of money that's been pissed away winning these part-time leagues is fucking criminal.

Getting to the Premiership is an absolute priority.

I'm not worried about the current team having to play in that league as the EGM looks set to end in defeat for the current board and Premiership football would let us bring in a good manager, a new crop of players and would increase the possiblities of what we could get. Plus the fans would be likely to turn out in numbers if the current board are gone.

The way I see it: (both assuming the new board are elected)

1) Rangers get promoted by the playoffs or the entire Hearts team are abducted by aliens and Rangers win the Championship... means Rangers will be able to bring in a manager from outside the Scottish league system or who has recently managed here (in other words beyond the likes of McCall and McInnes), which could mean a promising foreign coach that could develop the club from the youth level to the first teams and we'll be able to bring in some higher profile players, depending on the exact funding available, either foreign players at the higher end or a mixture of Scottish Premiership stars and players from the English Championship and the lower end of the Premier League at the lower end. We'll probably be able to do something with the stadium facilities too and it would mean fans would be likely to fill the ground again.

2) Rangers don't get promoted. Rangers will be likely to have to take the option of McCall, McInnes or someone else a bit lower again, like Butcher. The team will be likely to be rebuilt but with cheaper players, a mixture of free agents, Scottish Premiership players and maybe a couple from the English Championship. No glamour players from Europe (not that we'd be likely to get top stars but in the better scenario, it wouldn't be impossible to get some promising talent from more moderate foreign teams or players who didn't quite make it at the big clubs) and the budget would still be pretty limited by our standards. One thing that could actually be beneficial is that if we didn't go up, we would be likely to have a relatively easy ride to a Championship win assuming both Edinburgh teams went up and we could be playing Ross County or St Mirren instead and I'm not terribly scared of them. Motherwell are still in the mix but I think the other two will be the bottom clubs. If we had to go down the cheaper route anyway it could mean that McCall (for example) could have time to build a backbone of a side and then go into the Premiership with an established team in better form and with higher morale.

I'd still prefer to go straight up though and hopefully the board have the money to get a decent manager and a few good players. I have my doubts about them being able to sign top line stars, even by Scottish levels but I don't think it would be impossible to win the Premiership next season if the right manager and players are in place. I don't rate the current Celtic team at all and I'd go as far as saying any Rangers Premier team from the Souness era to our three in a row team from more recent years would beat the current Celtic team. Again though, they're weaker because they know they don't normally face a credible challenge in the Premiership (although hopefully Abaaahdeen beat them and I don't support them often) and can play with a weaker team but they might panic if they see a more stable Rangers appearing as I can't see Rangers being ANYTHING like this season's side unless the current board somehow stay in.

I really believe that we will be laughing next season on our way to the Premiership title though. It sounds daft but I think it is more likely we will win the Premiership next season if we DO get promoted than it is that we'll actually go up this year. If we stumble on like we are at the moment, we won't get by HIbs. I'm more scared of playing Hibs than St Mirren, Ross County or Motherwell to be honest. If we are second though, maybe Falkirk, QOS or Raith (or whoever) could actually dump them out first as Hibs just seem to have us worked out at the moment.

Post EGM, there COULD be a new manager so ANYTHING could literally happen yet. Even the aliens abducting the entire Hearts team. Nanoo Nanoo...

Some don't seem to realise another season in this league is an absolute disaster for this club but I can't see us going up, fucking ridiculous scenario.

We're not going up. Barring some sort of mental revolution, another year in this league will cripple us. We're about to enter the most critical week in our whole history. There needs to be instant changes the minute this EGM is done regardless who wins.