Its Going To Be Tough For Any New Manager

Smile

Disagree with your first point, agree with the second.

A Rangers manager has to do so much more than just win. (tu)

Agreed but they have to win ... and do the rest - they could not show 'progress' and lose - 'we' would not have the patience for that !

How does a new manager come in and motivate our squad.

We all know these players have not become crap overnight, but the lack of leadership on and off the parks made them perform as poor as any team i've seen.

How will the new manager get it right and how long does he get to turn the shirkers round.

Should not be to hard tbh.....just look at what the ex hamilton manager has done with a vastly underachieving Norwich squad.

Agree with the OP,whoever comes in is in for a tough time,Fans will need to be patient.

I would like to see someone with no connection to the Club,someone young,with new ideas,in coaching and tactics.

If only Carlsberg did Rangers :thumbup: ....no doubt they'll bring in someone from our past,with stale ideas.

I can't see it being hard for a new manager. We are all basing opinions on the capabilities of the current management team and McCoist. None of them are manager material -- period. A proper manager -- and I'll add young Cathro in the mix -- will instill modern training, discipline, work ethic and that all breeds confidence.

The players will want to come to work... want to improve. A proper manager would turn this team around in a heartbeat imho. The players have the talent. It's just disappeared under McCoist and his management 'team'.

If it was me,

1. Do a souness and assess them fitness wise on first day. Over nex four weeks, intensive fitness training on every second say coupled with.strict diet,monitoring weight etc. I. Betwwen those and when not training for fitness etc, ball skills to be worked on.

Two afternoons a week get them all in front of whiteboard, work out a formation and style of play etc. Assess what has been going wrong eg smith and long balls. Work out with players how to avoid that eg better off ball movement etc

Be really interesting to see how fit our guys are versus Celtic. Since Norwegian Ronny took over even Commons looks slim.

Our new Manager whoever it is Has to do the same if not more than Septic Hearts and Hivees and the rest to be the Best.

Quite simply Mr McCoist was not and I repeat not capable since Malmo ,Marribor ,and the Season before we went in to Liquidation.

Our Board management must realise this and whoever they are if you become a Rangers Player you must Train 3 Times a day and be more dedicated than them all.

SIMPLE AS THAT!!!!!!!!!!

Yip people seem to forget McCoist was piss poor before we went to Div3.

How does a new manager come in and motivate our squad.

We all know these players have not become crap overnight, but the lack of leadership on and off the parks made them perform as poor as any team i've seen.

How will the new manager get it right and how long does he get to turn the shirkers round.

is it just wishful thinking on my part that I saw enough against hibs to give some hope,the result was a travesty, what happens! the team is changed around, back to square one! maybe the present coaching team dont want a winning team, a decent coach would get us into the play offs at least.

Any new manager worth his salt should still have enough at his disposal to get up through the play offs.

My biggest worry would be the attitude of the out of contract players, it was proved last year with hibs, butcher basically told about 9 they were out the door at the end of the season next thing they downed tools and ended up relegated from a reasonably safe position.

The current crop of shite wont be motivated no matter what.

The majority know they are for the chop as soon as the summer hits so they are hardly going to bust a gut so other players get the reward of playing in the top level.

If you need to be motivated to play at Ibrox or in a Rangers shirt at any ground then you dont deserve or have what it takes to be here in the first place. Thats the crux of the problem though, we have a squad filled with arrogant shite bags who cant handle the pressure that comes with playing for us.

The majority know they are for the chop as soon as the summer hits so they are hardly going to bust a gut so other players get the reward of playing in the top level.

If you need to be motivated to play at Ibrox or in a Rangers shirt at any ground then you dont deserve or have what it takes to be here in the first place. Thats the crux of the problem though, we have a squad filled with arrogant shite bags who cant handle the pressure that comes with playing for us.

I agree 100%. What is puzzling though that as a professional football player -- and knowing you are off -- would you not want to display your best attributes?

Maybe a proper manager gets that out of the players. But as a player... what about your own personal pride? Speaks volumes.

sh#te seems to be the favourite word now, pity it wasn't seen more often a few years ago when super ally was the chant of the day, now people are waiting with baited breath for ally to lift the lid , ffs he is to blame for this mess, not the players, he treated training as a circus, blaming the players is too easy, some times the truth hurts , what would have happened after Forfar if ally had been sacked! a riot. truth is we would have a few more cups in our trophy room.

I think we have to be clever about this. Get someone in now that can spark an instant reaction. Instill confidence, motivate players and is tactically sound i.e. a proven manager. Give them til the end of the season and if we get up allow for an extension. If we fail the we go to the drawing boards with DoF and a solid coach e.g. Wotte and Cathro.

The short term goals will be to get the best out of this lot which I think is fairly straightforward. Increase training session intensity and quantity, those who want to play will show it in training. Play those players in their favoured position and increase our tempo during games. Personally I feel that when you eat better and train harder your state of mind is better than when you slack off, joke around and eat what you like. These players are professional by trade but not by their actions and any new manager needs to see to that.

Also introducing youth to that type of set up will be damaging as they'll do what everyone else does to blend in, they'll pick up all the bad habits of the current mob. So we trudge on to the end of the season with the hope of salvaging promotion but at the very least some pride. We punt out the deadwood in the summer and start again getting players who have the right attitude and talent.

Its not easy to do at any point in time but in the last third of the season in the championship is even more difficult than day 1 in division 3..........thanks ally.

sh#te seems to be the favourite word now, pity it wasn't seen more often a few years ago when super ally was the chant of the day, now people are waiting with baited breath for ally to lift the lid , ffs he is to blame for this mess, not the players, he treated training as a circus, blaming the players is too easy, some times the truth hurts , what would have happened after Forfar if ally had been sacked! a riot. truth is we would have a few more cups in our trophy room.

Exactly the clowns blindly backing "super Ally" when the danger signs were there for all to see are also culpable in this mess,he'd have been out on his arse long ago hadn't it been for them

Of course its going to be tough for any new manager but its the same for all who manage in the game never mind being the manager at Rangers.As long as the board set out what will be required of the new manager and that man has the bollocks and skill to work hard at his task then success will follow.We have become lazy for years now,lazy in scouting new young talent,lazy in training and implementing new training techniques,lazy in tactical inovations,just lazy in every department required to be a modern successful football club.No more so called Rangers men we need new men with new ideas,new training methods,new tactics to take this club back to where we belong.

Can't speak for all the players, but I genuinely believe most want to be playing well and putting the work in training. It's all well and good saying the players don't care, which I believe is a half truth, most are completely apathetic to the situation as a direct result of criminal coaching methods and lack of foresight, they're professional athletes, they want to win games, better themselves and look good while doing it.

I've read Pep's book, he works on shape, patterns of play and movement with and without the ball every day. Let that sink in...''EVERY'' day, whether it be on the training ground, going over some classroom work or watching the previous game, he works on patterns of play, every day, and people wonder why Bayern are able to keep the ball, move it in tight places, get in behind teams, shots from distance, tap ins, crosses, balls over the top, short balls, one-two's, overalapping fullbacks, wingers cutting in, wingers getting wide and to the byline, strikers coming short, strikers in behind, midfielders dropping deep, centre halfs moving to the Full back positions, etc etc etc... they score and create an all manner of goals and all of this is a direct result of their shape and style, they have several and all the players are fully aware of what is happening and what the next phase is. We clearly, don't work on this, it's why our centre halfs or right backs have the fear of god up them when they receieve it, they have no idea who's open, who should be open, what phase of play it is and in turn, can't move the ball quickly.

A new gaffer, with the right mindset, would transform us into a football team within weeks, it'll take years to master, but we should see the changes immedietly.

I'd be desperate to get in the door, I'd look like Mourihno just by implememting simple things like that. If it's good enough for Bayern, Barca, Chelsea... it's good enough for us.

Whatever happens today, can we please get a competent coach and manager within the week.