539 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would Be Your First Choice ?

• Ian Cathro
    • Stuart McCall
    • Derek McInnes
    • Billy Davies
    • Felix MaGath
    • Nigel Adkins

After looking at the next manager thread I noticed that everyone differs in opinion on who the next manager should be, I was interested by this so wanted to find out who most people want and who most people don't want. I would like Cathro, to me he seems like the most exciting choice and I believe that he could get us playing some good football, then again I know some people don't want Cathro due to his lack of experience, anyway who would your first choice be ?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Cathro purely because we need a big shakeup at our Club. We need to be at the very front in terms of management/methods in order to get where we want to be, and money is not our way there anymore. We need to think outside the box on this side, and I think that he would be the guy to do it. It would, of course, be a huge risk and it would take time, but I am prepared to go down that route.

Would he actually be the guy? Who knows, but its definitely time we did something completely different.

McCall would be the best choice to get us in the Prem via the play offs and making a good fist of it straight away with his track record.

Now isn't the time to be fannying about with foreigners, unreliables or unknown quantities.

Anyone But Ally!

Anyone But McDowall

Anyone...

Two managers who had only experienced assisting the manager.

I'm surprised at concerned at the choice of Cathro by many.

A 28 year old with no experience of a managerial position, no experience of the Club and no professional playing career would struggle to order an experienced professional to do something a bit different from what they're used to and believe in.

Cathro's an assistant and that's the only capacity we should employ him in..

I think some people are a bit blinded by Hearts and their Robbie Nielson success.

A 28 year old with no experience of a managerial position, no experience of the Club and no professional playing career would struggle to order an experienced professional to do something a bit different from what they're used to.

Dreamers choice. he's done nothing of note.

A 28 year old with no experience of a managerial position, no experience of the Club and no professional playing career would struggle to order an experienced professional to do something a bit different from what they're used to.

I think it's a ridiculous gamble to take at this stage.

Comes across as 'monkey see, monkey do'.

A 28 year old with no experience of a managerial position, no experience of the Club and no professional playing career would struggle to order an experienced professional to do something a bit different from what they're used to and believe in.

I think some people are a bit blinded by Hearts and their Robbie Nielson success.

I'd like someone with fresh ideas and the others are so uninspiring.

Mcinnes or McCall

I'd like someone with fresh ideas and the others are so uninspiring.

I'd like someone who can do the job.

There are probably posters on here with more managerial or coaching experience than Cathro.

Could you imagine him telling a Weir and Cuellar partnership what to do instead of their normal practice?

Cathro might have been a decent call for Division Three, but even so, he'd have been 25/26 and flung into a unique situation.