539 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would Be Your First Choice ?

• Ian Cathro
    • Stuart McCall
    • Derek McInnes
    • Billy Davies
    • Felix MaGath
    • Nigel Adkins

Dreamers choice. he's done nothing of note.

That's a good way to put it. (tu)

La Liga is very different from Scotland's top two tiers.

McCall and McInnes know the territory rather intimately, particularly the former who has been keeping a close eye on our matches.

I think McCall will get it and pretty soon.

Hopefully he'll have looked at that squad and performances and have a plan to shake it up and get us some momentum for the play-offs. We should be trying to win every point in case Hearts do have a slip, but otherwise it would be good to build up some momentum for the play offs.

Success in either manner could give the squad a boost and allow McCall the chance to only re-sign those who can justify it.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Employing a 29 year old to rip apart a squad, reassemble it and get them playing at the same time is far too big a gamble. Seems like madness to me. I understand the sentiment but I think that after Ally we needed someone with experience.

Adkins would be a near perfect replacement!

Keep seeing 'Davies, but only short-term'.

Please stop. You can't give the next manager a short term contract and expect him to lift us out of this malaise. The modern player in general, and our type in particular, has developed an attitude to short term bosses of 'fuck what you say, you mean nothing, I'll wait until the next guy arrives before putting in any effort'.

Which leaves either:

Giving Davies a long contract, and paying him off in a year's time (massively expensive/cannot afford)

Giving Davies a short contract, and treading water in the Championship (bad)

It just doesn't work. Guy's a relic who causes trouble wherever he goes. Trouble's about the only thing we are good at, don't need more expertise therein.

Adkins.

People picking Cathro is so typical of an Internet forum where somebody mentions someone then everyone jumps on it without even having a clue about him. Used to see it all the time with signings once someone had mentioned a player he became most of the forums 1st choice even though most of them couldn't pick him out a line-up nevermind tell you their attributes as a footballer.

Cathro with Magath as DoF. We need to think outside the box and I feel this the type of guy that could well be way out of our league in a few years time.

Then again maybe not. Out of all that have been mentioned those 2 would have me excited/intrigued.

Again, never heard of cathro so I don't see why a lot of people are drawn towards the guy. As far as I know he's an assistant but most assistants don't make it as managers. He could be the best thing since hp sauce but I'd feel safer with Mciness

Haha, you don't need to tell Rangers fans that!

If Strachan wasn't being too successful for Scotland , I'd have gone for him.

Experienced , attack minded , organised and more importantly can make an average bunch of players compete against teams of a supposedly higher calibre.

It's not going to happen , but that's the type of guy we need right now .

Anyone who wants a director of football is a fuckin idiot. Here's an idea... a manager competent enough to hire his own scouts, sign his own players and fufill his own vision. 1 man, 1 salary.

A fucking idiot? I don't really have a view one way or the other, but calm down.

It's been shown to work elsewhere, and you might end up losing more cash overall with one guy trying (but failing) to be an expert in totally disparate areas.

Anyone who wants a director of football is a fuckin idiot. Here's an idea... a manager competent enough to hire his own scouts, sign his own players and fufill his own vision. 1 man, 1 salary.

Just you stick to making threads about shite, cringeworthy songs.