Will Ally Do The Right Thing

McCoist was left with two choices.

1) Walk away, take nothing and let the Rhats take the cash.

2) Take the cash.

What would you do?

Would you have left the board to drool and slabber over your cash?

I actually agree with you. If I was McCoist, I'd have went for option 2 then return the money when the board get removed.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think they dare

His return as manager you mean! :pipe:

Don't think they'd take the risk of doing that now. However, it wouldn't surprise me if he is brought back in some other role, head of coaching or director of football or some other made-up title. The return of PM suggests that the new regime is not going to forget their backers.

So much continuing supposition, I would be very interested in the truth coming out whatever it may be. I can see that there may be a number of different reasons for the current situation, it would be fantastic if others could try and do the same.

Let's see if he returns the money, and while he is at it he could maybe sell his shares and equally split it between the supports that have been supporting the team through all his shitty yltactics.

McCoist was left with two choices.

1) Walk away, take nothing and let the Rhats take the cash.

2) Take the cash.

What would you do?

Would you have left the board to drool and slabber over your cash?

He is earning 62k per month right now doing fuck all.

Right now we cant pay another decent manager to come in.

Right now this leaves us with the hapless KMcD.

Managing a fucking abortion of a squad assembled by the Dud.

Right now we are odds on not to get promoted.

This will cost us more than the Dud could recompense us from his gardening pay.

He can do what he wants with the cash.

He was, is, and always will be a Dud manager who has had a huge impact on financially fucking us over.

Rangers man my fucking arse.

You might be ignoring me Jack but you are very clear on most subjects that without the facts we shouldn't be forming opinions, why is McCoist different?

I'm not ignoring you albear, the other night I just couldn't be bothered getting into an argument.

Are you saying I should no longer have any opinion because I stayed neutral regarding the board?

Seems a bit unfair to me. :/

I'm not ignoring you albear, the other night I just couldn't be bothered getting into an argument.

Are you saying I should no longer have any opinion because I stayed neutral regarding the board?

Seems a bit unfair to me. :/

Now you can be bothered? :P

I just assumed your point on opinions without facts was universal.

I expect him to walk without further payment and tell his side of the story.

A lot of people have pre-judged him and made huge assumptions and will condemn him no matter what that story is, purely to save face.

On another note.... I wonder how he will vote in the EGM. :sleep:

I expect him to walk without further payment and tell his side of the story.

A lot of people have pre-judged him and made huge assumptions and will condemn him no matter what that story is, purely to save face.

On another note.... I wonder how he will vote in the EGM. :sleep:

what do u expect him to say? How he knows zilch about.football management? How he is incompetent?

Now you can be bothered? :P

I just assumed your point on opinions without facts was universal.

I only really took that stance because I didn't want to heavily back one side in case that side ended up destroying the club. I didn't know the full facts or fully understand the situation so I didn't dare to comment on it from a non-neutral perspective. People here were going to the EGM, and I felt those people should make their own decision and not be led by others. If anything negative had happened then at least I wouldn't feel I never contributed to it. Frankly I am still unsure whether King or Ashley are right for the club.

That's why I was taking that stance, I thought it was a good reason. Perhaps I was just being stupid, but it's done now.

does that agreement involve

1. Mccoist leaving now with no.further cash?

2. Sitting out.the who year and taking all the cash?

3. Meeting somwhere in.the.middle. he gets more dosh, we save some dosh.

What I think most likely??

More likely 1 than 2 or 3.

Wonder what 'doing the right thing' will be in McCoist's mind and in King's mind. It affects both of them. I mean, King simply can't ignore the McCoist situation. He can't ignore the seeping of around £60k per month in return for past managerial failures and future fuck all? So King will have to do something even if McCoist just sits tight and does nothing.

King could I suppose try to engineer a reconciliation of sorts? Offer McCoist a non-exec directorship in return for giving up all but a token annual fee for the privilege of a seat on the Board and a seat at Ibrox? Role - media rep, front up to the Press and take the media heat away from whoever is to be the manager. Maybe McCoist transfers a large % of his shares to RST/RF to boost fan ownership as part of the attempted reconciliation?

I suppose we'll find out by this time next week what McCoist himself thinks is the decent thing to do. I mean he surely can't sit in the garden speechless when King assumes power, and quietly cash in his monthly pay cheque. Can he? No, of course he can't. He'll have to do and say something when the new Rangers establishment is formed. If he has not said or done anything a week from now and creates the impression of just continuing to take all or most of the dosh he is currently getting then it risks an even greater condemnation of his failed time as a Rangers manager. We'll know soon enough.

Of course King could simply restore him back to Manager and take the risk of the hit on the impact on crowds at Ibrox and really get the credibility of his new Board off to the sort of start he might soon regret.

As others have said, I think he will walk away the minute he can leave without confidentiality

agreement in place.

This way he is free to do interviews with the press, book deals, serialisation in the sunday papers,

maybe even a screenplay with himself playing the part of himself in a future film with the climax being

promotion to the championship. Kind of Rocky film the Americans will lap up.

I hope to fuck that A McC is never given a job involving the playing, coaching or the tactical footballing aspects within RFC again. Surely the last 4 years have demonstrated his complete inabilities in those fields and to the complete detriment of our club. How on earth anyone can seriously suggest this scenario is beyond my comprehension!!!!!!