"rebuild Relationships With Scottish Football" : Dave King

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, when we moving to England...?

Acting like a petulant child is not going to get us anywhere. Time some people woke up, we can't sit in the corner sulking forever.

Getting ourselves a voice in the echelons of Scottish football instead of allowing the taigs and the sheep free rule is vital, for us and Scottish football.

We don't need to kiss arse or bend over but we have to work with Scottish football. It's purely good business, not personal. Let's not get dragged into the mire of holding personal vendettas to our own detriment like the rest. We Are Rangers ffs time we started acting like it.

Why not? It worked to get KingCo into Ibrox.......well nearly.

Maybe he wants to keep our enemies close.

No need to build relationships imo, they know who we are and will run scared if we re-organise properly this time. Best way to deal with them is regain our self-respect by stuffing them on and off the park.

Personally I'd like us to become a footballing island. Shut ourselves off, turn up to games, do the obligatory meetings and interviews with no laughing/joking/pretend getting along. Fight every unfair decision without vitriol. Don't get dragged into debates, just say our piece and leave. Fans go to away games but don't spend a penny on pies or pints in the ground. I don't mean become a whipping boy, far from it, I mean cut out all the friendly ties. Become 100% business. Don't do any favours and expect none in return. Politely decline the use of our stadium for anything besides our own games. Adapt a philosophy of coaching/training/scouting that is as professional as it can possibly be and win so many games that it doesn't matter when dodgy refs give penalties to the opposition. Officially refute every attack against our club within 24 hours but calmly and sternly without any interviews to the rags. In fact no talking to the rags at all other than pure facts at a bare minimum. Quietly cut ties to all explayers who do talk to them. No tea and biscuits for journos who have to come over the threshold of ibrox. Just in then out. No dinner invites for anyone who has ever attacked our club. Whenever anyone tries to drag us into telling them why we've made a decision, politely refuse to respond. Whenever the spl ask us to send a rep or player for some publicity event, politely refuse. Whenever anyone from another team asks for vip tickets, explain we are already at capacity. Whenever a player gets a Scotland call up explain they aren't friends and over familiarity will be frowned upon. Don't contribute to any organisation or scheme that brings us into association with any other Scottish team. Build on our friendly ties with other British and European teams. Talk to other UK and continental press more than anyone within two hundred miles. Don't loan players to anyone in the top tier. No laughing and joking with opposition in the tunnel or after the game. Don't pay money for players from opposition teams. Only pre-contracts. Assume every invite, discussion or proposal is designed to harm us and politely refuse them all. Give them not one inch without ever coming down to their level.

I'd love to sit here and say fuck them all, but that's just not realistic.

We need to work together with those involved in Scottish football in order to improve it as a whole, which in return will improve ourselves.

However, we should be questioning the likes of the BBC, not the nonsense that their journalists spout, but the money they are giving Scottish football.

When they had their new MOTD TV deal ratified at around £200M, they put a monetary value on football in regard to those who pay licence fees.

This has nothing to do with TV viewership as this isn't SKY, we have to pay our TV licence by law, therefore we should be entitled to 10% of any EPL TV deal given our population in comparison to England.

The Scottish clubs, footballing authorities, hell even the government should be asking serious questions of the BBC.

If I personally was in a position of power in Scottish football, I'd be considering legal action.

Its collapsed on its arse and had to have League reconstructed soon as we left, and still cant find a sponsor of course its true.

And yet Scottish football continues to exist. He said we fund the whole of Scottish football, yet such a statement is patently absurd. I think there's a moronic arrogance to be found in individuals that genuinely believe we ARE Scottish football.

And yet Scottish football continues to exist. He said we fund the whole of Scottish football, yet such a statement is patently absurd. I think there's a moronic arrogance to be found in individuals that genuinely believe we ARE Scottish football.

If you call what they are doing existing the clubs are struggling, our support is their payday the same as its always been.

What wee team is it that you support.

If you call what they are doing existing the clubs are struggling, our support is their payday the same as its always been.

What wee team is it that you support.

Yet more ignorant arrogance. Charles Green loved fans like you as it allowed him to get us demoted to the bottom tier. A result that allowed him to trouser most of our cash with impunity.

Yet more ignorant arrogance. Charles Green loved fans like you as it allowed him to get us demoted to the bottom tier. A result that allowed him to trouser most of our cash with impunity.

How did you get on to Charles Green i asked what wee team is it you support.

Do grow up. I don't agree with him but saying he doesn't support Rangers is a wee bit childish don't you think?

This makes no sense. he clearly doesn't follow us as he'd see our fanbase has supported clubs throughout Scotland for years while they bringing a handful of fans to Ibrox.

We have also made clubs financially secure as we have come through these leagues as well.

This makes no sense. he clearly doesn't follow us as he'd see our fanbase has supported clubs throughout Scotland for years while they bringing a handful of fans to Ibrox.

We have also made clubs financially secure as we have come through these leagues as well.

You truly are lacking in any sense, aren't you. You don't think other teams have any source of income beyond our travelling support? Absolutely myopic and moronic levels of ignorance on display with that belief.