To any player bailing out, save your bullshit regret statement.

pcbear

This is nonsense. These guys have been through lots in the last 6 months, not knowing from one week to the next whether their job would even be there, or if they would get paid. If they walked away without saying anything they would be criticized as heartless bastards. At least they are showing some sort of feeling.

Aye it must be shite being a millionaire and not knowing when you will be able to afford your next Bentley or Porsche.

Can certainly understand the less well off players but theres not many of them in our squad bar the youngsters who should see this as their chance to shine.

I await a series of nonsense statements from these players who want to jump ship, off you go lads and enjoy your career but button it, we dont need or want your mock sympathy.

if they are back on their original contracts and they are refusing to tupe over, then although i would thank them for taking the pay cut,i;d say to them just leave and never mind any of the sorry bullshit,it's the ones who stay and spend a season in the 1st div (because that's looking likely) that will be remembered as true rangers men.

So now it begins, players that were lauded as legends for staying are now scum for leaving? I think we need a bit of perspective here. I'm gutted that so many players seem to be leaving but can I blame them? No! For what they have been through already and remember that their loyalty was absolute but the clauses in their contacts were to protect them if another Craig Whyte type character. Given all the questions, doubt, anger and mistrust some fans are directing at Green can we really blame the players for not being 100% committed at this time? If Walter had taken over wolud it have been any different, maybe or maybe not. I think people are forgetting the 3 year European ban. This is probably a major reason for players wanting to leave. In reality it will be 4 years out of Europe if we went to 3rd div. Europe was our big pull, players signing for us knew they were guaranteed European football and were prepared to put up with the standard of the league for that reason. Take that away and for a lot of players will want to go somewhere they can play European football.We should also remember a lot happens in very short timeframe in the football world. Think about what has happened to our club in the last 3 years, can we, in reality expect players that have made considerable sacrifices already to take a gamble on the next phase of their career when their is still so many unanswered questions about our club, The pain and hurt just keeps on coming and we as Fans who are totally innocent are the one thing that has remained constant. It is natural to vent our anger but I would ask you all to direct your anger towards our many enemies that are lining up to take pot shots at us and in some cases displaying out right hostility.So what ever happens, what league we are playing in, who stays or goes we remain the constant, our love for The Gers will never die cause WATP.

Regardless, they could easily have sat tight and refused a cut. For the vast majority of the team, there would have been a EPL/Championship club willing and able to pay them what they were on before, if not more. Besides, most of them wouldn't have had to come near Glasgow again in their lives.

Whatever your pay, you budget for your projected income, and it's not fair if your employer tells you that you won't get what you signed up for in good faith. However, not one player grumbled about this. They got on with it until the end of the season. If they want to leave us now, with even more uncertainty around the club, then I can't blame them at all. They've already doe more than enough.

They will get their money back in reduced or free transfers in truth.

Brilliant of them to do it but it was deferring money, not throwing it away.

You'll be telling me next all the agents involved took the cut as well then cause thats how they get paid.

No, they arranged sell on deals to get the cash back eventually on resigning or at another club.

They still could have refused it but do you think other clubs would sign a problem player who causes division in the dressing room by saying no to deals that help his club?

They did it to help Rangers and themselves later on in reality.

Well look at Gregg Wylde. Nobody blamed him for leaving at all. In and out the first team here, but still ended up at a Premier League club. I daresay it would have been a similar story for most of the first team too.

They'll get decent pay elsewhere and probably a good signing on fee to boot, but had they left in February, they would have caused a lot more problems than they are by doing it now.

It could have been worse!!! aye this is a right old bed of roses, you will have to run that one past me.

Ibrox nuked?

Well look at Gregg Wylde. Nobody blamed him for leaving at all. In and out the first team here, but still ended up at a Premier League club. I daresay it would have been a similar story for most of the first team too.

They'll get decent pay elsewhere and probably a good signing on fee to boot, but had they left in February, they would have caused a lot more problems than they are by doing it now.

Never said it wasn't a good deed.

Just said they will not suffer from it thats all cause thats the truth.

Nobody blamed Wylde because the extent to how much the shit was going to hit the fan was not known then.

If he did it today he would get the same as the others are getting now.

The EPL pays good wages granted but even fucking Gary Caldwell looks not bad there.

Its the foreigners that make that league what it is.

Well they've had to make cuts in their own lives for the past few months for sure. I just think that we should be a bit more grateful for that.

I was grateful then, but when it comes to taking a real proper financial hit in the present, certain players are for the off straight away.

Thats the facts of this but not a lot of people are seeing it.

I totally agree, just go and stop embarrasing yourself, you will never get a better club than Rangers, first division or not. We can make legends, but if you want to be a benchwarmer, get your coat and close the door behind you. I want to see who REALLY bleeds BLUE AND WHITE, WHO is going to step up when it in its 140 year history THE CLUB REALLY NEEDS THEIR HELP. To leave when under contract after everything the club, staff and fans have given.

TAKE CARE, WE WILL PASS YOU ON OUR WAY UP!!!.

These guys are professional footballers who have all taken a voluntary wage cut for the best part of 4 months to help this club. There is not a shred of doubt in my mind that the sympathy is genuine.

McCoist could well have been responding to this when he said: "I don't want Rangers fans to be reading over the next few days how devastated players are about having to go. The fans deserve better than that. They are not daft."

Aye it must be shite being a millionaire and not knowing when you will be able to afford your next Bentley or Porsche.

Can certainly understand the less well off players but theres not many of them in our squad bar the youngsters who should see this as their chance to shine.

People live within their means. Just because they have a better wage and can afford more doesnt make them any less human. This isnt the soviet union. If someone has a talent and can make a lot of money from it why shouldnt they?? The only difference is comparative incomes, footballers may earn millions, but they live comparatively so, i doubt they shop in aldi, drive a clapped out old car and live in a single end. Take a look at Ian Black (wee arsehole that he is) he had to take up a job as a painter when Hearts weren't paying wages. I dare say he's on a damn site more than average wage, but he still was struggling to make ends meet. Its all relative.