Standing Area at CFC

mabawsa

Must be some kind of record. GCC turning down an application from the Eastenders. Who would have thought,eh?

Are GCC are scared now with past planning decisions being scrutinised by EC Commission and said No?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/288191-celtic-application-for-safe-standing-at-parkhead-is-rejected-by-council/

Its one battle I wanted them to win, this was an opportunity for all of us here, not sure how interested our club was at rhe moment but I felt sitting back and letting them do all the work was the best tactic here.

maybe all clubs who are looking into this need to make a joint case.

why, what safety issues do you see?

None whatsoever. I personally think it's a great idea. It would allow those wishing to stand (like me), a chance to do so without folk moaning at them to sit down and it allows those who wish to sit, the the chance to do so without people blocking their view by standing. It's a win, win situation.

Railed seating removes any safety concerns I can think of. In fact, I would probably go as far to say that it would probably be safer. Folk stand at most away games anyway, this would give them the opportunity to so safely.

All you have to do is look at the German model, the stadiums are packed and the atmosphere is great.

Sadly, I don't think councils, governments and footballing authorities in Britain see it the way I and most people do and they are the ones who would need to approve it unfortunately.