Scottish / League Cup Final 2014 Venue?

rfc_watp

Hampden is out of bounds I believe for the cup finals in 2014 due to the Commonwealth Games.

Where would the game be played then if (big if) we end up playing them in the final.

Wouldnt be fair to have it at any of our own grounds so would Murrayfield be considered?

They should have that announced by now and not leave it to the last minute depending on who is in the final. Well, that's what I used to remember happening, but with the present incumbants in the hierarchy, who knows what's going to happen.

Maybe they're still too busy trying to find sponsors instead of worrying about the fans of the game think?

Ask Peter..

Haha.

I seem to remember the last time Hampden was redeveloped we played 50-50 (more or less) split at Ibrox/their place. I remember a game where they had the Broomie and Govan stands. I guess it would be the same, whoever is drawn home being home.

Don't worry, I took my wet wipes for my seat (it was, remarkably, still there) at the next game.

Playing the final at Forres Mechanics

Nah

We both played each other at each others grounds in cup semi's in the 90's when Hampden wasn't playable.

Unsure how it would work for a final?

Think Murrayfield would be good as that wouldn't involve us volunteering our stadium to the SFA or SPL for their cups. We couldn't tell them no at the start of the season then say yes when we get to the final.

Nah

We both played each other at each others grounds in cup semi's in the 90's when Hampden wasn't playable.

Think Murrayfield would be good as that wouldn't involve us volunteering our stadium to the SFA or SPL for their cups. We couldn't tell them no at the start of the season then say yes when we get to the final.

You know that wee picture at the foot of your posts? Could you crop it to take out the word Lomond? Did they no take the team's cars back when we went into admin. Just a thought mate. :)

The problem with Murrayfield is that is not as flat as a football field as they don't roll it as much and the grass in longer. Then again, the Jambos played their Europa games there a few years back, so maybe it can be fixed up for an important game.

You know that wee picture at the foot of your posts? Could you crop it to take out the word Lomond? Did they no take the team's cars back when we went into admin. Just a thought mate. :)

That picture is from the game against Peterhead last season mate, when the troops came out. The sponsor boards with the titles and achievements must have been done shortly afterwards.

Haha.

I seem to remember the last time Hampden was redeveloped we played 50-50 (more or less) split at Ibrox/their place. I remember a game where they had the Broomie and Govan stands. I guess it would be the same, whoever is drawn home being home.

Don't worry, I took my wet wipes for my seat (it was, remarkably, still there) at the next game.

The one at Ibrox in 93 it was a coin toss.

Archie Knox and Joe Jordan the two assistant managers at the time went to Hampden for the toss.

Joe called heads, Archie tails.

It landed on heads and Joe goes "yasss yes yes! Celtic Park please" and whoever the moderator was said "that was only the toss to see who got to call first" ... Joe goes "ffs heads again then" .... it landed on tails - Archie says "Ibrox, please" :lol:

That picture is from the game against Peterhead last season mate, when the troops came out. The sponsor boards with the titles and achievements must have been done shortly afterwards.

Whatever, just seems we are giving them some undeserved advertising. :(

Nah

Forres with their one stand wonder of a stadium!

Haha.

The last game I remember was us winning 1-0 with Durrant scoring the winner.

It was an evening game so it must have been the semi, I think.

They also had the two stands that night and I remember one guy, in a suit, sitting in the front row of the club deck, pulling down his kegs and mooning at them. He was getting more irate as the game went on and the stewards went down and had a word.

I couldn't quiet tell if he resorted to pulling something out at them after that as I was too far away. lol