Great Britain Squad

Markag1991

Herd they are making a GB squad for the Olympics.... who do you think would be in the team???

Wonder what the tims reaction will be :rolleyes: :unionflag:

They'll be cheering on Ireland and none of their players stand a chance of making the squad.

Only Hutton at the moment in my opinion stands a chance of making the starting eleven

Herd they are making a GB squad for the Olympics.... who do you think would be in the team???

They'll be cheering on Ireland and none of their players stand a chance of making the squad.

Only Hutton at the moment in my opinion stands a chance of making the starting eleven

What about Craig Gordon????

Not really a better keeper thats brittish is there????

Wouldn't say he's the best British keeper there is, but in three and a half years time he may be up there.

Can you not only have 3 under 23's or something ?

The squad is to be made up of u23 players with a couple overage players so by the time 2012 comes around the players eligible will be from current u19 national squads so people like John Fleck and Aaron Ramsey etc will be the type of players selected.

Nearly its 3 players over 23....

The squad age for the Olympics is U-23

what idea do you think is better, mixed nationalities or the play-offs to see which country will represent GB??

personally i would like to see a mixed team play as it would be a brilliant chance for the GB boys to get gold.

Nearly its 3 players over 23....

The squad age for the Olympics is U-23

That's what I meant to say :lol:

what idea do you think is better, mixed nationalities or the play-offs to see which country will represent GB??

personally i would like to see a mixed team play as it would be a brilliant chance for the GB boys to get gold.

Mixed nationalities

Even if FIFA decide to combine them all, at least we'd have a chance of getting to a tournament in the forseeable future

Don't remember reading anywhere that they werent interested. just know that they dont want a mix and match team.

Bet all 4 nations would be for a play-off to represent GB.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/2008/07...86908-20669326/

surely that story does not back up exactly what i said in my previous post.

here is the jist of the story.

The British Olympic Association has floated the controversial idea of a combined team featuring players from Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales when London plays host to the games in four years time.

a combined team story, nothing in there at all speaks about the new idea of a 4 team play-off that has been the latest development.

Guest johngers
Yup, as Mike just stated, there will be a British team but it shall be full of English player, so who really cares.

Cos it will be representing our nation. Thats why you should care.

Yup, as Mike just stated, there will be a British team but it shall be full of English player, so who really cares.

Cos it will be representing our nation. Thats why you should care.

John, if someone in the street asked you which nationality you were you would say Scottish before you would say British? So it's not exactly your 'nation' as such, but, if there was a team GB, as you would consider yourself Scottish, then you wouldn't be that bothered because the team would be dominated by English footballers. We'll cross the bridge when we come to it though, eh?

:harhar:

What if FIFA said tomorrow that the home nations were to unite as soon as the World cup finished?

Agree to it, put in a british u23 and represent our nation. It doesnt matter if we enter or not FIFA will ALWAYS have the power to unite us if/when the choose to do so.

Wish everyone would stop the moaning and get behind it