Wembley cracks

AdzKyle

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12112008/58/...foot-crack.html

Storms have ripped through four floors at Wembley Stadium, leaving the home of English football nursing a 40-foot crack.

According to workers at the state-of-the-art facility, which opened in 2007, heavy winds and torrential rain battered the £827 million development and left a 1.5-inch split in the walls on Monday.

"The ground shook. There were people in the lifts and they were terrified," said an employee.

"Then the major crack appeared from the floor of level one and snaked up to level four. It happened in an instant and wasn't something that had been growing over weeks or months."

The affected area has been closed off pending investigation, with a spokesman claiming meetings between safety officers and staff had "gone on for hours".

"The movement was caused by the high winds and caused expansion cracks as the building's joints flexed," said a spokesman for Wembley Stadium.

"As with all large structures, the stadium has been designed with movement tolerance factored in and it remains fully operational."

<cr>

Anyone been to the new Wembley?

I went 3 weeks ago and it was the best stadium I have been too. Not a bad seat in there and the the ammount of legroom you got was amazing. Esculators and lifts take you up to the top tier.

Only downside was the price of food.

I went 3 weeks ago and it was the best stadium I have been too. Not a bad seat in there and the the ammount of legroom you got was amazing. Esculators and lifts take you up to the top tier.

Now, did you try every single seat?

I heard that Section C, z97 is quite poor.

Yeah, I took part in a 1 man conga at half time. :lol:

oh.....And you made that section up :craphead:

Yeah, I took part in a 1 man conga at half time. :lol:

oh.....And you made that section up :craphead:

:lol:

No I didn't!!!! :D

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12112008/58/...foot-crack.html

Storms have ripped through four floors at Wembley Stadium, leaving the home of English football nursing a 40-foot crack.

According to workers at the state-of-the-art facility, which opened in 2007, heavy winds and torrential rain battered the £827 million development and left a 1.5-inch split in the walls on Monday.

"The ground shook. There were people in the lifts and they were terrified," said an employee.

"Then the major crack appeared from the floor of level one and snaked up to level four. It happened in an instant and wasn't something that had been growing over weeks or months."

The affected area has been closed off pending investigation, with a spokesman claiming meetings between safety officers and staff had "gone on for hours".

"The movement was caused by the high winds and caused expansion cracks as the building's joints flexed," said a spokesman for Wembley Stadium.

"As with all large structures, the stadium has been designed with movement tolerance factored in and it remains fully operational."

<cr>

How many storms do they get in London :lol: