Hibs sign Jonatan Johansson

TMWWBK

http://www.hibs.co.uk/news/more.php?id=3086_0_1_0_C

Hibernian is pleased to confirm that a pre-contract agreement has been reached with Jonatan Johansson, who will officially join the Club on 1st January 2009.

Jonatan will be contracted to Hibernian until the end of season 2009-10.

Jonatan (33) was born in Stockholm before his family returned home to Finland. He started his football career with his hometown club Pargas IF before joining TPS Turku in 1995. After scoring six goals in his first season and being capped for Finland at U21 level, Jonatan moved on to FC Flora Tallinn in 1997, becoming the first player from Finland to join an Estonian club.

His next move was to Scotland when he joined Rangers in the same year. At Ibrox Jonatan scored 24 goals in just 37 first-team starts before moving on in the summer of 2000 to Charlton Athletic, where he scored 14 Premiership goals in his first season in England. After a short spell at Norwich City, the striker moved back to Scandinavia in July 2006 where he joined Malmo FF playing alongside international team-mate Jari Litmanen. He scored 20 times in 46 outings in his spell at Malmo. The Swedish league season has now ended so Jonatan is able to register with Hibernian when the transfer window opens in January 2009.

Jonatan has appeared 91 times for Finland scoring 17 goals and remains a regular member of the Finnish national side. As a former international team-mate, he is very well known to Hibernian manager Mixu Paatelainen, who said today: "I am delighted to have secured the services of Jonatan, and I am confident that Hibernian supporters will quickly appreciate

that we have obtained an experienced international striker who has scored goals wherever he has played. He also has experience of the Scottish Premier League, so I'm sure he will settle very quickly into our squad."

Jonatan Johansson added: "I am delighted to have secured this move to Hibernian and to be coming back to Scotland. I'm looking forward to the new challenge and to be working with Mixu again.

"I recently visited the Training Centre and was blown away, it really is a fantastic facility. I look forward to training there to get up to speed on my match fitness for the New Year.”

The worst kept secret in Scottish football is finally confirmed. Decent enough signing for them, but he is/was a very inconsistant player. I also wouldn't be surprised if the joke that is Paatelainen is gone by the time he arrives.

It could also possibly spell the end of Stevie Fletcher's Hibs career. Maybe it's a good thing that Smith doesnt have any money to spend because he's always been a fan of that clown.

Oh I think you'd be surprised...Walter could very well sell his own house to get money to buy Steven Fletcher and Christoph Berra!

It could also possibly spell the end of Stevie Fletcher's Hibs career. Maybe it's a good thing that Smith doesnt have any money to spend because he's always been a fan of that clown.

Oh I think you'd be surprised...Walter could very well sell his own house to get money to buy Steven Fletcher and Christoph Berra!

I would cry for days and days if we signed Christoph Berra. I actually may hate him more than i hate 90% of the Celtic team.

Just heard Jonatan Johansson has signed a pre-contract whith Hibs and will join in January. Will be good to see him again although it will be on a losing side.

I was in Leverkusen when he scored a vital goal then he scored a sreamer in the home leg!! Think he scored a few against the unwashed too!!

Berra, Barr, Fletcher, Reynolds - all nbames that make me cringe. They are nothing more than your average SPL player and they'll never be good enough for Rangers. The kind of players that we'd blow £2,3,4m on.

Rory Loy is better than Steven Fletcher and we have Naisy to come back, an all round better player than Fletcher.

Berra, Barr, Fletcher, Reynolds - all nbames that make me cringe. They are nothing more than your average SPL player and they'll never be good enough for Rangers. The kind of players that we'd blow £2,3,4m on.

Rory Loy is better than Steven Fletcher and we have Naisy to come back, an all round better player than Fletcher.

(tu)

Reynolds... *shudders*