Opinion Poll: SPL v Div 3

Ricky_

240 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather we applied to....

• SPL?
    • Division 3?

Please read before you vote:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/103942-spl-clubs-approve-new-financial-fair-play-rules-after-meeting-at-hampden/

An SPL statement read: "It was agreed that, in future, any decision on the transfer of a share to a newco from any club will be considered by all member clubs, rather than the SPL board, with the felxibility to impose sanctions appropriate to each individual circumstance."

now consider this, the vote on the 4th of July will simply be a YES or NO. If it is YES we are passed to transfer our SPL share from the oldco to newco.

After that happens, we are now open to have sanctions placed upon us. Undefined sanctions with no limits it would seem. Sanctions that the other clubs will decide upon, and then impose on us before the new season kicks off. Sanctions could range from anything from points deductions, to financial penalties, to suspensions & exclusions, or a mix of all of those options.

Let's be clear, we will not be told of sanctions before a vote, the sanctions are anyones guess, and will only be applied to us after a YES vote goes through. Our only option to oppose any sanctions will be to appeal them.

So with that in mind, what would you prefer. Would you prefer Green to go ahead with the SPL application & roll the dice on whatever sanctions come out way shoudl we win, or would you rather we just applied straight to the 3rd division?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SFA/SPL/SFL will all work together on this, we won't get away with simply applying to Division 3, they would just refuse us unless it was as a result of SPL sanctions that we had to apply.

Div 3 for me .

I am confident the Gers would survive this, and in the long run come out the otherside intact.

If they vote yes ,they will apply heavy draconian sanctions on us to achieve their Bigoted corrupt agenda of Sceptic fc getting stronger ,and stronger with the rest of the diddy teams earning more cash from our loss .

We as a club have suffered enough ,and its time to stop this .

If that means a Domesday scenario, with several Clubs going bust then they should have thought about this before they started their media driven hatred of all things Rangers.

They hate us and our Club and I wold just like to repay in kind and watch them all squirm .

They wont stop coming for us ,and we need cjange in Scottish Football.

The SFA/SPL/SFL will all work together on this, we won't get away with simply applying to Division 3, they would just refuse us unless it was as a result of SPL sanctions that we had to apply.

i'm not so sure, because starting from division 3 would be viewed by everybody as somewhere between 'appropriate' in terms of sanctions/punishment, and at best, extremely harsh.

if they blocked an application to division 3 on the basis they want us in the spl with sanctions it would cause absolute outrage amongts every singel team & their fans. It would be viewed by all others as corruption that they stepped in to keep us in, even when we ourselves were rpepared to move down, and to us, it will be a blatant case of keeping us in for their own financial gain while punishing us as much as possible.

4 years is a long time for me. I know it's the principle of the whole thing, the injustice of a corrupt FA, hypocrisies and cynicism from 10 clubs who are jealous of our standing and 1 club desperate to catch up a bit, but honesty, I'm fucked. I'm exhausted from this pish, every week since February it's been something else. The thought of just getting back into the SPL and playin football again is finally a light at the end of the tunnel for me.

My head tells me 3rd division, but I can't bring myself to wish for it. 4 years til we are back, another couple until we can challenge for the title, no thanks. 1st Div seems an ideal compromise if it's possible which I would support.

Division 3. I don't agree with a system where our competitors get to decide our destiny.

the more you think about it, the more of a shambles it is.

next time an unpopular kid is outcast in the playground, instead of the teacher dealing with it, they should let the other kids in the class decide on his punishment :lol:

Poor guy would probably be made to eat a dog shit or somthing.

This has turned into a game of poker. Time to call their bluff. Withdraw the SPL application and apply for admission to Div 3 as a newco. Just watch those arses start twitching. All the nonsense about 'we don't need Rangers', 'we'll still have a sky tv deal without them' would magically become, 'oh we didn't mean that, of course we do' If we sit back and do nothing they will kick the living shit out of us. Come on Charlie, fight back.

How? I'm looking forward to the drive from Inverness.

Annan were selected as an example of the kind of ground Rangers could be visiting. It was like being shown around Campbell Park (Saltcoats Victoria). It would be hard work, is all I'm saying.

Annan were selected as an example of the kind of ground Rangers could be visiting. It was like being shown around Campbell Park (Saltcoats Victoria). It would be hard work, is all I'm saying.

I believe some of our support have something called a "Protestant work ethic". That should see us alright.

I'm an work-shy atheist, currently carrying a back injury, and even I'm up for it.

Fuck the SPL

Div 3. What difference does it make if it takes 3 years to (hopefully) progress straight through to the top tier? If we stay we are going to be hammered from every club/football organisation from every conceivable angle and not be able to compete for that 3 years anyway. At least on our travels we will see some teams that, the odd SC draw apart, we will never play against again anyway and be able to add the 3 other divisions, the odd challenge cup and maybe another SC to our list of honours in the meantime all the while building us up to start afresh in the ShitPL and destroy every bastard club who tore into us on the park again.

If it were straight into the SPL with no sanctions then I could start to contemplate it but there's just that feeling that if we are to apply directly we'd be facing more years of pain - look at some of the proposals %age of revenues held back, running years of points total deductions, it just wouldn't be a level playing field. It is football we are involved in here, not the Sunday medal at the golfy with players with different handicaps all competing for the same trophy.

If you are involved in what is supposed to be a "premier" league then all competitors should be entitled to earn the full points total they have accumulated.

It's a vote for Div 3 from me!

If it were straight into the SPL with no sanctions then I could start to contemplate it but there's just that feeling that if we are to apply directly we'd be facing more years of pain - look at some of the proposals %age of revenues held back, running years of points total deductions, it just wouldn't be a level playing field. It is football we are involved in here, not the Sunday medal at the golfy with players with different handicaps all competing for the same trophy.

If you are involved in what is supposed to be a "premier" league then all competitors should be entitled to earn the full points total they have accumulated.

It's a vote for Div 3 from me!

well put. a points deduction simply makes the competition of the league farcical. What if we finish up the next 3 seasons with having accumulated 5 points more overall than celtic, but the 10-point deductions means we lose the league by 5 points. The whole competition just becomes a complete farce.

Being accepted in the SPL will, without doubt, involve more of their 'make it up as we go along' sanctions. These sanctions will include legalising the stealing of any financial profits made by the new Rangers to be divid up amongst the hyenas.

For me it's a no brainer - Div.3