Welcome to RangersMedia!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

*** Official Uefa Champions League 11/12 Thread ***

• Please log in to reply
2577 replies to this topic

#2181 skinnymate1690

skinnymate1690

Gazza

• True Blue
  • 6,154 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

i like watching highlights of barca but i honestly cant watch them for a full 90 minutes

#2182 JamieD

JamieD

Sandy Jardine

• True Blue
  • 22,016 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

View PostScottVirginTadger, on 28 March 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

I find Fraser as frustrating as sassaaa sometimes, but at least I know for sure that Fraser is a Rangers fan, plus his bias can be funny sometimes!
Agreed.

#2183 ChampionsAgain

ChampionsAgain

Richard Gough

• True Blue
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

Barcelona were poor , had no answer or second plan to Milan's display. Ambrosini had Lionel 'everyone licks my crack' Messi in his back pocket all night. Seriously though , the commentators wanking over Messi every 5 minutes is unreal , also when he started to get frustrated and made a terrible tackle it wasn't that bad but if it was Gatusso he would be labeled a murderer. It frustrates me though , every time I sit down to watch the football it's a wank fest over Barcelona and Messi. Tonight "Messi had an off day" Did he fuck! Milan shut him out the game and he was nearly greeting.

Btw i'm not a 'Madrid fanboy'.

#2184 Rangers_no1

Rangers_no1

Jim Baxter

• True Blue
  • 12,720 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

View Postbluenose_72, on 28 March 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

Bayern are hitting form just at the right time as well. If they can keep a clean sheet in the first leg then I can see them progressing.
Bayern's defence is what I think will see them eliminated over two legs. Neuer will have to play amazing over two legs.

Be interesting to see how Bayern approach the second leg as heard a few of their players are one booking away from a suspension.

#2185 Rangers_no1

Rangers_no1

Jim Baxter

• True Blue
  • 12,720 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

View PostScottVirginTadger, on 28 March 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

I find Fraser as frustrating as sassaaa sometimes, but at least I know for sure that Fraser is a Rangers fan, plus his bias can be funny sometimes!
Fraser's comments are regarded as funny because what he says is cringe-worthy and far from the truth, Sassaaa as biased as he is at least his comments are closer to the truth.

Sassaaa surely is on a Barcelona forum?

#2186 ScottBF2

ScottBF2

Puck the Fope

• True Blue
  • 12,275 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostChampionsAgain, on 28 March 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

Barcelona were poor , had no answer or second plan to Milan's display. Ambrosini had Lionel 'everyone licks my crack' Messi in his back pocket all night. Seriously though , the commentators wanking over Messi every 5 minutes is unreal , also when he started to get frustrated and made a terrible tackle it wasn't that bad but if it was Gatusso he would be labeled a murderer. It frustrates me though , every time I sit down to watch the football it's a wank fest over Barcelona and Messi. Tonight "Messi had an off day" Did he fuck! Milan shut him out the game and he was nearly greeting.

Btw i'm not a 'Madrid fanboy'.
I don't understand this mindset. I'm not saying you're wrong, but aren't the commentators just appreciating the talent?

After Zidane was sent off in the World Cup Final all I heard, and correct me if I'm wrong, was the commentators saying how sad it was that Zidane's glorious career would end like this. Messi gets about the same level of praise, deserved or not, but people can't accept it.

The thing that annoys me more, especially with Sky and ITV, is the English club love-in. Yes, the commentators are probably English and they're speaking to a broadly English audience, but the continual lack of credit towards lesser European sides is cringeworthy. The lack of Credit teams like Benfica and Napoli got against Chelsea was irritating.

#2187 ScottBF2

ScottBF2

Puck the Fope

• True Blue
  • 12,275 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostRangers_no1, on 28 March 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

Sassaaa surely is on a Barcelona forum?
I'd be disappointed if he wasn't, it would ruin my Uber-fan image of him in his room waving a Catalonian flag and singing Himno Del Barca.

#2188 bluenose_72

bluenose_72

It's the greatest sight that I have ever seen

• 26,315 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

View PostRangers_no1, on 28 March 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

Bayern's defence is what I think will see them eliminated over two legs. Neuer will have to play amazing over two legs.

Be interesting to see how Bayern approach the second leg as heard a few of their players are one booking away from a suspension.

It will take a great performance to shut out Madrid, but they must go into games thinking they can out score anyone just now.

#2189 Rangers_no1

Rangers_no1

Jim Baxter

• True Blue
  • 12,720 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

View Postbluenose_72, on 28 March 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

It will take a great performance to shut out Madrid, but they must go into games thinking they can out score anyone just now.
Can see a high scoring two legged affair.

The hype for both games will be unreal, let's just hope both games deliver.  (tu)

#2190 bluenose_72

bluenose_72

• 26,315 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

View PostRangers_no1, on 28 March 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

Can see a high scoring two legged affair.

The hype for both games will be unreal, let's just hope both games deliver.  (tu)

Absolutely (tu)

The much hyped game tonight was a let down, but Milan did what they needed to do to give themselves a decent chance to progress. Hopefully the Bayern - Real games are exciting for us neutrals! :D

#2191 AlanCompton

AlanCompton

Bill Struth

• 41,753 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

View PostJamieD, on 28 March 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

Is there anything worse than seeing pure, eternal class being slowly overcome by age? :(
Really is sad to see, an eternal talent, thanks no doubt to the tutoring of Paolo Maldini.

#2192 King Jela

King Jela

Ally Out

• True Blue
  • 24,885 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

View PostAlanCompton, on 28 March 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

(tu).
They're hideously boring.
They are fucking boring. (tu)

I don't care what the Barca fan-boys say on here, playing keep-ball all game and then eventually scoring a few is boring to watch.

Mon the AC, fuck Barca.

#2193 ben51

ben51

Bleeds Royal Blue

• True Blue
  • 23,850 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:19 AM

Missed the games tonight due to work.

But did AC defend aswell as we did against Barca?  :pipe:

I'll make a bold prediction of Madrid vs Bayern and Chelsea vs AC.

With Chelsea vs Madrid as the final.

#2194 Sobatai

Sobatai

Richard Gough

• True Blue
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:12 AM

Wouldn't it be the irony of all ironies if the unheralded di Matteo was to turn out to be the manager to being Abramovich his desired Champions League win?

#2195 Maxou

Maxou

Nosey B'stard Loyal

• True Blue
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

Beckenbaueur said once that the only way to beat Barcelona was to play them on a shite grass. Milan's grass last night was quite poor. Barca will progress imo  (tu)
As for Marseille...  :lol:

#2196 Ricky_

Ricky_

Terry Butcher

• Banned
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

View PostJamieD, on 28 March 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Would really love a reply to this, Ricky.

Not sure your issue here jamie. Iniesta was the best of a bad bunch imo. He's also had a couple of injuries of late.

He started wide left, xavi,busquets,kieta in midfield.

A direct swap for iniesta/tello meant they had something a little different in attack, a much faster, more direct player.

Iniestas ball retention is greater, yes, but positionally hes more offensive kieta, whos more of a cdm.  The midfield trio was doing uts job in breaking up milans attacks and forcing then long... so whg change it?

#2197 Ryan_1

Ryan_1

First is everything; Second is nothing

• True Blue
  • 7,184 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

Milan defended really well last night and like Arsenal in the previous round I think Barca struggled with the pitch. Saying that the Barca players weren't exactly hitting top gear. Can't see past Barca for the second leg, despite Milan getting a good result at the Camp Nou in the group stages.

Is it just me or are Barca much better side with Pedro in the side over Sanchez? I think he suits the Barca 'cog' alot better than Sanchez does. Not that Sanchez is a poor player, or he doesn't suit them but I just think in an attacking sense Barca are better with Pedro in the side.

As for the probable Bayern - Madrid tie, I'm extremely excited for that one. Neither side strike me as a side that will go out and defend, especially Bayern they really can't rely on their defence. As I heard last night 'you'll always get a chance against Bayern' and I competely agree with that. Neur will be vital for them over the two legs. Personally I think Madrid will have too much fire power for them and will progress to the final and will meet Barca.

#2198 bluenose_72

bluenose_72

• 26,315 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:12 AM

Pedro caused Milan problems in the group stage game at the Camp Nou, so it wouldn't surprise me if he started.

#2199 Ryan_1

Ryan_1

First is everything; Second is nothing

• True Blue
  • 7,184 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

He seems to start more of the home games to be fair.

#2200 bluenose_72

bluenose_72

• 26,315 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

Alexandre Pato has been in the States receiving treatment for his thigh injury, but apparently if he comes back healed he will start in the Camp Nou. Galliani and co must be desperate for another early goal. :lol: