Welcome to RangersMedia!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Goian & Bocanegra

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 bluenose_72

bluenose_72

It's the greatest sight that I have ever seen

• 26,328 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:33 PM

Anyone seen either of them break sweat yet?

They have been fantastic for us this season. Five goals conceded, two of which were goalkeeping howlers, speaks volumes of how good they've been. Must give the team so much confidence knowing how good the two centre backs are.

Two great signings by McCoist and we haven't missed Bougherra and Weir at all.
advertisement

#2 ben51

ben51

Bleeds Royal Blue

• True Blue
  • 23,947 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

I can't believe just how good our defence has been. I can't praise McCoist & Co enough for finding these two players (tu)

#3 the goal machine

the goal machine

Bill Struth

• True Blue
  • 29,645 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:38 PM

Thought they were fantastic again against Aberdeen. Would have had another clean sheet if it wasn't for McGregor's mistake.

#4 Rangers_no1

Rangers_no1

Jim Baxter

• True Blue
  • 12,720 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:40 PM

Only time I seen Goian troubled was against Templeton a couple of times last weekend.

Technically it's only 4 league goals because neither had joined before the home game at Hearts.

As you said two of those goals were from shocking mistakes from McGregor, whilst the other two were defensive errors from Broadfoot and Whittaker.

#5 bluenose_72

bluenose_72

• 26,328 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:40 PM

It's incredible that those rare mistakes from Shagger count for almost half the goals we have conceded.

#6 trueblue68

trueblue68

Davie Cooper

• True Blue
  • 9,734 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:42 PM

I think a lot of people wrote Boganegra off as past it when he signed. He has proven everyone wrong. Goian looks like he is the player that was linked with Man Utd a few years back as well. Both are fantastic signings.

#7 bluenose_72

bluenose_72

• 26,328 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:43 PM

View PostRangers_no1, on 29 October 2011 - 11:40 PM, said:

Only time I seen Goian troubled was against Templeton a couple of times last weekend.

Technically it's only 4 league goals because neither had joined before the home game at Hearts.

As you said two of those goals were from shocking mistakes from McGregor, whilst the other two were defensive errors from Broadfoot and Whittaker.

Very true mate.

Was that not Goian's first booking against Hearts as well? He's a very disciplined player.

#8 Gazzanova

Gazzanova

Richard Gough

• Banned
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:43 PM

Big Dorin is fast becoming my favourite player. Love the big man

#9 Marco Negri's Beard

Marco Negri's Beard

Ally McCoist

• True Blue
  • 11,080 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:44 PM

absolute steals and Super deserves massive credit for getting the 2 of them for less than £1m - Celtic fans must be tearing their hair out when they see the value we got while they sit with an absolute diddy back-line.  Ha, they payed 2.2m for Bangura.  Brilliant.  Utter legends the pair of them

#10 the goal machine

the goal machine

Bill Struth

• True Blue
  • 29,645 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:45 PM

View Postbluenose_72, on 29 October 2011 - 11:43 PM, said:

Very true mate.

Was that not Goian's first booking against Hearts as well? He's a very disciplined player.

Yeah. I think they're a better pairing than Weir and Cuellar to be honest. Fantastic signings.

#11 Rangers_no1

Rangers_no1

Jim Baxter

• True Blue
  • 12,720 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

View Postbluenose_72, on 29 October 2011 - 11:43 PM, said:

Very true mate.

Yes mate I believe so, which is fantastic since he had a reputation of a big hard powerful no nonsense type of defender which would give you the impression he would get booked often. As said above I also love the guy.

#12 ben51

ben51

Bleeds Royal Blue

• True Blue
  • 23,947 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

The balance of having a left footed CB is helping alot also.

Both very calm composed players.

#13 GersAvA92

GersAvA92

Ignacio Javier "Nacho" Gómez Novo

• True Blue
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

A great bit of business from Ally, they've been solid. Best defensive pairing since, well I dunno when haha. To think we were going to pay £2m for an injured Cuellar when we got these 2 for under £1.3m. Bartley will struggle to get into the team. The only position I can see him filling is the CDM role, big Davie must know it himself too.

#14 KingTriton

KingTriton

Davie Weir

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:05 AM

Love Boca

#15 Caddy

Caddy

Andy Goram

• True Blue
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:55 AM

The pair of them have been fantastic. When Bocanegra played his first game, so many people said he was past it and didn't deserve to be on the team.

I'm very glad he has proven all of them wrong.

What a pair.

#16 Wee CJ

Wee CJ

=] Smile

• True Blue
  • 21,404 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:40 AM

Booocaaaaaaneeeggggrrrraaaaaa :)

#17 nvager

nvager

Bill Struth

• True Blue
  • 27,274 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:13 AM

Worked well together so far. Long may it continue.

#18 bear down under

bear down under

Stuart McCall

• Loyal Bluenose
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:18 AM

really like the look of these two and the stats confirm that but hate to throw a stinker in but before we start comparing them to past success pairings you have got to ask yourself,Who have they come up against yet? so i think time will tell but long may it continue.

#19 GaryMc

GaryMc

Richard Gough

• True Blue
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:26 AM

They have been fantastic.

McGregor though has to cut out these mistakes because they will cost us big time soon if he keeps doing it. Its getting beyond a joke how many times he is fucking up.

In my opinion McGregor has been awful this season compared to last but I'll probably get hit with abuse for saying that. He needs to up his game because his defence certainly have done.

#20 hambone

hambone

Richard Gough

• True Blue
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:30 AM

View PostGaryMc, on 30 October 2011 - 02:26 AM, said:

They have been fantastic.

McGregor though has to cut out these mistakes because they will cost us big time soon if he keeps doing it. Its getting beyond a joke how many times he is fucking up.

In my opinion McGregor has been awful this season compared to last but I'll probably get hit with abuse for saying that. He needs to up his game because his defence certainly have done.
Did you see the ones he kept out? The one on one he stayed up and spread himself? And the 40 yard volley that he parried? If you see it from behind the way it swerved, it was a fucking peach of a stop. Granted he should have done better with the goal but papac should have closed the guy down, he is murder for letting crosses in  and in this case a shot away.  

Big Goin was also heard after the game saying what's so hard about this granite pish?