Bosman List For Summer 2012

Marky.

In reply to the thread about why we do not go for bosman players anymore I thought I would do as I did last year and compile a list of players out of contract in summer of 2012.

I will post the link to the list but I have also picked out a few players to mention on the thread.

Carlos Cuellar (Central Defender - Aston Villa) - We already know how good he is, very unlikely but there may be interest non the less.

Craig Gordon (Goalkeeper - Sunderland) - highly unlikely, but if we sold McGregor, never know. Doubt it though.

Maynor Figueroa (Left Back - Wigan Athletic) - Good cover for Wallace, good enough to start as well, im sure Sasa will be gone by the end of the year.

Gennaro Gattuso (Central Midfielder - AC Milan) - Im sure there will be some talk of this but I dont think it is likely.

Mohammed Diame (Central Midfielder - Wigan Athletic) - Latics best player of this season so far, strong midfielder with good vision and shot.

Tonel (Central Defender - Dinamo Moscow) - Interest has been shown in him in the past.

Robert Koren (Central Midfielder - Hull City) - Creative, good vision and pass, 31.

Brett Holman (Right Midfielder - AZ Alkmaar) - linked with him in the past, would bring more widt to the team instead of playing players out of position on the right midfield.

Peter Lovenkrands (Left midfielf/striker - Newcastle) - Great on his day, we know all about him.

Ricardo Fuller (Striker - Stoke City) - Strong, Pacey, target man kind of striker.

Julien Faubert (Right Wing/wingback - West Ham) - We were once interested in him again, decent player, never really cut it at West Ham though.

Amr Zaki (Striker - Zamalek SC) - Once was on fire in the premier league with Wigan and Hull City, not heard much of him since, 28.

Ivan Klasnic (Striker - Bolton Wanderers) - Again we were once interested in him. Good finisher and a remarkable player considering his kidney transplant.

Christian Pander (Left wing back - Hannover 96) - Rocket of a shot, decent delivary, would be a good signing.

Jaime Gavilan (Left midfield - Getafe) - Great technical abilty, we lack this on the left hand side.

Daniel Larsson (Striker - Malmo) - If we can excuse the name, scored a great goal at Ibrox and looked troublesome.

Wesley Verhoek (Right winger - ADO Den Haag) - Did not want to sign for us or Forrest in the summer, pacey, looked like he would have been a good addition.

Nacho Novo (Striker - Sporting Gijon) - :pipe:

Danny Swanson (Right Winger/Attacking midfielder - Dundee United) - Would be a good addition, good squad player for us and could do a job in the first team.

Bosman List for summer 2012

Of course I am not emplying that this is a realistic pick of players, of course wages will be high for many of them but I have just picked out a list of a few names from the list. (tu)

Thanks for compiling the list. Very informative and appreciated.

Thanks mate, did one last year so I thought i may as well do this years (tu)

There are many more players on the webpage, some who I bet others would have heard of that would attract interest though obviously not knowing much about them I couldn't put them in haha.

Know you mentioned about competition but think you're forgetting our chairman stated we need to cut the wage bill down. Why sign Gordon and Pander when we have adequate cover in those two positions? Makes no sense.

Cuellar's wages are certainly too high, unless we sell Whittaker and bring him in then there's no point.

Zaki was hardly on fire in the EPL as the OP claimed!

Of that list only Verhoek would really interest me with analysing it realistically.

Scored 10 goals for Wigan in his first few months before a fallout with Steve Bruce. Scoring 10 goals alone for a struggling team like Wigan is considered a success to me. Wigan haven't even scored 10 goals yet this season.

First of all you can't compare the Wigan team from 2008-2009 to the current team, it's a massive difference. Wigan in that season finished 11th. So think it's fair to say they were hardly struggling....

Brunt scored 8 for WBA who finished bottom that season, was he on fire?

Zaki has issues, would want decent wages and was hardly a big success in England. Good player on his day but not sure if he's worth the risk mate.

Must agree with you there, I do believe it was behaviour and wages which cost him a good stay in England. He is currently on a decent wage in the UAE and have you seen how much he wants in Football Manager :matron::lol:

Know you mentioned about competition but think you're forgetting our chairman stated we need to cut the wage bill down. Why sign Gordon and Pander when we have adequate cover in those two positions? Makes no sense.

Cuellar's wages are certainly too high, unless we sell Whittaker and bring him in then there's no point.

Zaki was hardly on fire in the EPL as the OP claimed!

Of that list only Verhoek would really interest me with analysing it realistically.

Zaki was the top scorer in the first 10 games and was banging in some right screamers about 2006 time IIRC.

• 1 month later...

Sign Gattuso just to play against the mhanky mob.If Brown knew he was playing he'd probably fake an injury.Zaki would score for fun here I imagine.Faubert rejected us for West Ham then broke his leg straight away.That wouldn't have happened if he made the right choice, possibly karma.