Whyte on the way out?

MisterC

Heard a rumour today from someone assuring me it was a reliable source that Whyte is leaving us and is going to sell to Jim McColl who is going to settle the tax case. Why didnt McColl buy from Murray? Well the story is that Murray refused to sell as he does not like McColl, as McColl would go elsewhere for steel for his business than buy steel from Murray and this did not go down with Murray. Basically Whyte has been holding the fort in the interim until McColl comes riding to the rescue and it could be as early as the end of this month. How much truth (if any) there is to this I do not know and I am in my default position of believing nothing til we have something concrete. Thought would share this anyway, make of it what you will.....

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think im right in sayin the sale of the old weir pumps hasnt been finalised. It resulted in workers not got paid correctly before christmas. It might have changed since then, but thats the last i heard, i worked there once apon a time and still have a few contacts

Jim McColl has always been careful to be bi-partisan in much of his public life; I was told once he would never nail his colours to Rangers publicly in terms of running and heavily investing etc; I wonder now that he has sold his business interests that might changed. If he was to invest then one would wonder if it would be to resurrect the notion of Rangers being run by the supporters that he was discretely involved in some time ago.

Heard a rumour today from someone assuring me it was a reliable source that Whyte is leaving us and is going to sell to Jim McColl who is going to settle the tax case. Why didnt McColl buy from Murray? Well the story is that Murray refused to sell as he does not like McColl, as McColl would go elsewhere for steel for his business than buy steel from Murray and this did not go down with Murray. Basically Whyte has been holding the fort in the interim until McColl comes riding to the rescue and it could be as early as the end of this month. How much truth (if any) there is to this I do not know and I am in my default position of believing nothing til we have something concrete. Thought would share this anyway, make of it what you will.....

Brings a whole new meaning to Clyde Blowers, I can tell you from experience that McColl wouldn't give a light in a dark corner, tighter than a ducks arse and that's watertight. (tu)

why leave after all the work to get us? surely a consortium with mcoll and other rangers minded money men should be the way forward :happy::rolleyes: or is that just pie in the sky.