Time for supporters' groups to publicly state boycott against St Johnstone

I think it would be wise to nail our colours to the mast of away boycotts, starting with St Johnstone now that their chairman has stated his intent to vote against a newco Rangers' entry to the SPL without penalties.

We should be making it clear that he has just put his club at the start of the boycott list. That way we make it clear that they stand to lose almost £1/2 a million from our support and that his club will be much nearer to getting into a similar situation, and therefore suffering the same penalties.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be wise to nail our colours to the mast of away boycotts, starting with St Johnstone now that their chairman has stated his intent to vote against a newco Rangers' entry to the SPL without penalties.

We should be making it clear that he has just put his club at the start of the boycott list. That way we make it clear that they stand to lose almost £1/2 a million from our support and that his club will be much nearer to getting into a similar situation, and therefore suffering the same penalties.

We just pumped in over £100,000 into his pocket when we should have been boycotting him .

It will never happen because we will never stick together on this .........

We just pumped in over £100,000 into his pocket when we should have been boycotting him .

It will never happen because we will never stick together on this .........

It tend to agree, we MUST stand together and make this happen

It tend to agree, we MUST stand together and make this happen

To many of our fans don't know the power we hold by giving them zero money .

Time to stop coming on forums moaning every time one of them sticks the knife in and do something about it .........

Just out of interest, how many away games did you attend last season?

im not with some people on this subject - 'but the team need our support'

f*** the lot of them, away boycott for every game/team in the SPL.

my money will go to Rangers - and to Ibrox, no other club.

My view too and I've just counted was at17 away games last season

Just out of interest, how many away games did you attend last season?

To be honest, I only go to Ibrox these days. It's been few years since I went to away games. I feel the fans get treated like shit away. I used to go to virtually every away game, but I got out of the habit when I moved away and couldn't believe quite how badly you get treated by plod and the stewards. Also, family commitments would limit my ability to travel far most weekends. Ibrox is much more accessible for me. More importantly, I prefer to give my money to Rangers in recent years, given finances.

Credit to those who still go. They're a credit to themselves and the club.

That said, I do think the many supporters who do go should consider penalising certain clubs, starting with St Johnstone, should we go the newco way. And yes, I do the the supporter's groups should be leading the way. I think we have to be united use our collective power.

All these new sanction rules and punishments just remember if any of the rest of the spl get in trouble you are dead. You guys don't have the fans we do. I'm looking at you stjohnstone

It's quite bizarre that they are like turkeys voting for Xmas and seem to be totally unaware of it.

At least half of them could be going through the same in the next few years. That's like cutting off the water supply because you don't want your enemy to get a drink.

Fuckwits.

To be honest, I only go to Ibrox these days. It's been few years since I went to away games. I feel the fans get treated like shit away. I used to go to virtually every away game, but I got out of the habit when I moved away and couldn't believe quite how badly you get treated by plod and the stewards. Also, family commitments would limit my ability to travel far most weekends. Ibrox is much more accessible for me. More importantly, I prefer to give my money to Rangers in recent years, given finances.

Credit to those who still go. They're a credit to themselves and the club.

That said, I do think the many supporters who do go should consider penalising certain clubs, starting with St Johnstone, should we go the newco way. And yes, I do the the supporter's groups should be leading the way. I think we have to be united use our collective power.

We all have our own choices to make, so I'm not judging your commitment to Rangers, but you're hardly in a position to call for others to make a sacrifice which you won't be making yourself. I should add that you're not the first to lead the calls from a similar situation.

I'm all for this, only thing is can we really make such a statement of intent when we don't know if we'll be in the SPL next season?

These cunts will never put us out the spl,Rangers are their cash cow. They'd rather hamstring us with dumbass sanctions.

We all have our own choices to make, so I'm not judging your commitment to Rangers, but you're hardly in a position to call for others to make a sacrifice which you won't be making yourself. I should add that you're not the first to lead the calls from a similar situation.

No, I take your point and you've every right to make it. Nobody can tell anybody else to stop doing something that's part of their life.

However, there is an open debate on the topic and the reasons for doing so. I was just giving my opinion on what would be strategically wise.

On the other hand, Michael Johnston has me feeling that I wouldn't mind visiting Killie. Indeed, that may be another, more positive side to the debate.

We, as fans, could help other clubs in need, if they help us during our current dark days.

The only logical reason for his bravado is that he believes we haven't the bottle to go through with it.

This is when we need the RST and the other supporters groups to do what they were created to do and declare war by leading the fans in a public boycott of any club going against us.

There will be plenty of taigs jumping into this saying we won't do it and sowing their usual seeds of doubt.

There is more at play here. If we don't make a stand now, they will be coming after our titles next.

No point greeting about that at the time. The only way to stop it, is to hit them now and force them to back up a bit.

Nobody ever got a bully off their back by handing over their dinner money.

100% spot on Oleg.

I def wont be going there next season.

We can't expect to walk straight back into the spl never mind without any penalties.

But, I won't attend away games next year.

Yeah but we've had penalties. Euro ban, fines and player embargo. I wouldnt call that getting off scot free, do you?

I am not a great trade union supporter guys but is there any way there could be some sort of picket line at the away support end of the ground.

There would be no security issue for people doing it as the police presence would be there anyway thinking the away fans would still come.

Just a thought and I don't see why the fans could not support the team from outside the ground as well as the noise created would be heard in the ground and the players would still feel supported and fans still get the (i was there) tick in the box.

Don't know if at all possible, just thinking how to get these twats hurt in the pocket whilst giving our fans the best option to protest.

I am not a great trade union supporter guys but is there any way there could be some sort of picket line at the away support end of the ground.

There would be no security issue for people doing it as the police presence would be there anyway thinking the away fans would still come.

Just a thought and I don't see why the fans could not support the team from outside the ground as well as the noise created would be heard in the ground and the players would still feel supported and fans still get the (i was there) tick in the box.

Don't know if at all possible, just thinking how to get these twats hurt in the pocket whilst giving our fans the best option to protest.

Abusing fellow Bears who don't do as they're told. Nice.