Welcome to RangersMedia!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

To any player bailing out, save your bullshit regret statement.

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Alnic3856

Alnic3856

Andy Goram

• Banned
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

People should really wait until the meat of these stories comes out before passing judgement how do you know these boys haven't been offered fucking ridiculous deals to transfer across?

#22 MayboleLoyal_atb

MayboleLoyal_atb

Brian Laudrup

• True Blue
  • 15,278 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

Why would anyone stick around to play in division 3?

#23 KeepBelieving1872

KeepBelieving1872

Mark Hateley

• True Blue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:36 PM

View Postpcbear, on 22 June 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

I await a series of nonsense statements from these players who want to jump ship, off you go lads and enjoy your career but button it, we dont need or want your mock sympathy.
Whether I accept any regret comments from departing players, depends on the quality of the player and the division we end up in.

I wouldn't be interested in younger players just breaking through who decided to leave. But if we went to Div 1 or 3 and Naismith left I would be gutted... but you would have to wish him the best and would accept him talking about his regret. Same for McGregor, Davis, Boca.

#24 KeepBelieving1872

KeepBelieving1872

Mark Hateley

• True Blue
  • 801 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostAlnic3856, on 22 June 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

People should really wait until the meat of these stories comes out before passing judgement how do you know these boys haven't been offered fucking ridiculous deals to transfer across?
They have to get same deal

#25 rm1972

rm1972

Jorg Albertz

• Loyal Bluenose
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

GTF- and shut your boring mouths :wanker:

#26 nachothelegend

nachothelegend

Jim Baxter

• True Blue
  • 13,475 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

View Posthemdale1873, on 22 June 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

TBH i think the uncertainty over which league we will be playing in could make a few players leave sadly.

We need to find a league before the spl vote, we are signing our own suicide note by waiting to the 4th of July to be told no anyway. The logistics of having to apply to the sfl and them restructuring division's 1-3 to accommodate Rangers in the space of 30 days are far too much to overcome.

Till players know where they will be playing they will be looking at other options. What a fecking mess Murray and Whyte the pair of rats hope they end up in jail.
Exactly this mate.Its the uncertainty again that we the Fans Players and Staff atr going through.
I wish Green would come and talk to the fans more , as we really need some direction and we need to make that desicion of where we are going to be playing.
We must move forward now and put all this shit behind us.
We go to the 3rd we ask who wants to leave then get replacements in and then we get thpse ST sold .
Fixtures out and get going again.Ally needs to plan
what a bunch of dicks the SPL amd SFA are.
They want thos for our club and hope we lose all of our players, theu are vindictive Bigot Bastatds the lot of them.

#27 nachothelegend

nachothelegend

Jim Baxter

• True Blue
  • 13,475 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:56 PM

View Posthemdale1873, on 22 June 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

TBH i think the uncertainty over which league we will be playing in could make a few players leave sadly.

We need to find a league before the spl vote, we are signing our own suicide note by waiting to the 4th of July to be told no anyway. The logistics of having to apply to the sfl and them restructuring division's 1-3 to accommodate Rangers in the space of 30 days are far too much to overcome.

Till players know where they will be playing they will be looking at other options. What a fecking mess Murray and Whyte the pair of rats hope they end up in jail.
Exactly this mate.Its the uncertainty again that we the Fans Players and Staff atr going through.
I wish Green would come and talk to the fans more , as we really need some direction and we need to make that desicion of where we are going to be playing.
We must move forward now and put all this shit behind us.
We go to the 3rd we ask who wants to leave then get replacements in and then we get thpse ST sold .
Fixtures out and get going again.Ally needs to plan
what a bunch of dicks the SPL amd SFA are.
They want thos for our club and hope we lose all of our players, theu are vindictive Bigot Bastatds the lot of them.
I am getting severely pissed of with all of this shit and getting more and more anxiouse as time goes on.
I am also getting more biyter towards the Bastards if thats possible and its not nice and i dont like it.

#28 King Jela

King Jela

Ally Out

• True Blue
  • 26,852 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

:rolleyes:

Best of luck to anyone who decides to move on, I wish them all well.

#29 pcbear

pcbear

Ally McCoist

• True Blue
  • 10,546 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

Pretty much what Ally McCoist has just said, he probably cant beleive those who he has given the stage to perform have effectively kicked him in the bollocks.

#30 Smile

Smile

Ally McCoist

• True Blue
  • 11,327 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

View PostDavid Smith, on 22 June 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

This is nonsense. These guys have been through lots in the last 6 months, not knowing from one week to the next whether their job would even be there, or if they would get paid. If they walked away without saying anything they would be criticized as heartless bastards. At least they are showing some sort of feeling.

Aye it must be shite being a millionaire and not knowing when you will be able to afford your next Bentley or Porsche.

Can certainly understand the less well off players but theres not many of them in our squad bar the youngsters who should see this as their chance to shine.

#31 bgally

bgally

Ian Durrant

• True Blue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

View Postpcbear, on 22 June 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

I await a series of nonsense statements from these players who want to jump ship, off you go lads and enjoy your career but button it, we dont need or want your mock sympathy.

if they are back on their original contracts and they are refusing to tupe over, then although i would thank them for taking the pay cut,i;d say to them just leave and never mind any of the  sorry bullshit,it's the ones who stay and spend a season in the 1st div (because that's looking likely) that will be remembered as true rangers men.

#32 DJW

DJW

82/108

• 16,774 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

View Postjimbeamjunior, on 22 June 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

oh how do they manae to live off of a wage that most fans can only dream of :rolleyes:

you do realise that some of the players earned more this season with the wage cut than they did on their previous deals,

any player leaving imo can stick their sympathy as the OP states, we dont fucking want it and certainly dont need it anymore, we are Rangers and we WILL rise again

and when we pass these bailout players on the way up we can wave at them
Regardless, they could easily have sat tight and refused a cut.  For the vast majority of the team, there would have been a EPL/Championship club willing and able to pay them what they were on before, if not more.  Besides, most of them wouldn't have had to come near Glasgow again in their lives.

Whatever your pay, you budget for your projected income, and it's not fair if your employer tells you that you won't get what you signed up for in good faith.  However, not one player grumbled about this.  They got on with it until the end of the season.  If they want to leave us now, with even more uncertainty around the club, then I can't blame them at all.  They've already doe more than enough.

#33 Gerwelly

Gerwelly

Mark Hateley

• True Blue
  • 793 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

So now it begins, players that were lauded as legends for staying are now scum for leaving? I think we need a bit of perspective here. I'm gutted that so many players seem to be leaving but can I blame them? No! For what they have been through already and remember that their loyalty was absolute but the clauses in their contacts were to protect them if another Craig Whyte type character. Given all the questions, doubt, anger and mistrust some fans are directing at Green can we really blame the players for not being 100% committed at this time? If Walter had taken over wolud it have been any different, maybe or maybe not. I think people are forgetting the 3 year European ban. This is probably a major reason for players wanting to leave. In reality it will be 4 years out of Europe if we went to 3rd div. Europe was our big pull, players signing for us knew they were guaranteed European football and were prepared to put up with the standard of the league for that reason. Take that away and for a lot of players will want to go somewhere they can play European football.We should also remember a lot happens in very short timeframe in the football world. Think about what has happened to our club in the last 3 years, can we, in reality expect players that have made considerable sacrifices already to take a gamble on the next phase of their career when their is still so many unanswered questions about our club, The pain and hurt just keeps on coming and we as Fans who are totally innocent are the one thing that has remained constant. It is natural to vent our anger but I would ask you all to direct your anger towards our many enemies that are lining up to take pot shots at us and in some cases displaying out right hostility.So what ever happens, what league we are playing in, who stays or goes we remain the constant, our love for The Gers will never die cause WATP.

#34 eosmhdo

eosmhdo

Terry Butcher

• True Blue
  • 3,922 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

View Postdjw1992, on 23 June 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

Regardless, they could easily have sat tight and refused a cut.  For the vast majority of the team, there would have been a EPL/Championship club willing and able to pay them what they were on before, if not more.  Besides, most of them wouldn't have had to come near Glasgow again in their lives.

Whatever your pay, you budget for your projected income, and it's not fair if your employer tells you that you won't get what you signed up for in good faith.  However, not one player grumbled about this.  They got on with it until the end of the season.  If they want to leave us now, with even more uncertainty around the club, then I can't blame them at all.  They've already doe more than enough.

They will get their money back in reduced or free transfers in truth.
Brilliant of them to do it but it was deferring money, not throwing it away.
You'll be telling me next all the agents involved took the cut as well then cause thats how they get paid.
No, they arranged sell on deals to get the cash back eventually on resigning or at another club.
They still could have refused it but do you think other clubs would sign a problem player who causes division in the dressing room by saying no to deals that help his club?
They did it to help Rangers and themselves later on in reality.

#35 DJW

DJW

82/108

• 16,774 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

View Posteosmhdo, on 23 June 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

They will get their money back in reduced or free transfers in truth.
Brilliant of them to do it but it was deferring money, not throwing it away.
You'll be telling me next all the agents involved took the cut as well then cause thats how they get paid.
No, they arranged sell on deals to get the cash back eventually on resigning or at another club.
They still could have refused it but do you think other clubs would sign a problem player who causes division in the dressing room by saying no to deals that help his club?
They did it to help Rangers and themselves later on in reality.
Well look at Gregg Wylde.  Nobody blamed him for leaving at all.  In and out the first team here, but still ended up at a Premier League club.  I daresay it would have been a similar story for most of the first team too.

They'll get decent pay elsewhere and probably a good signing on fee to boot, but had they left in February, they would have caused a lot more problems than they are by doing it now.

#36 pcbear

pcbear

Ally McCoist

• True Blue
  • 10,546 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

View Postdjw1992, on 23 June 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

Well look at Gregg Wylde.  Nobody blamed him for leaving at all.  In and out the first team here, but still ended up at a Premier League club.  I daresay it would have been a similar story for most of the first team too.

They'll get decent pay elsewhere and probably a good signing on fee to boot, but had they left in February, they would have caused a lot more problems than they are by doing it now.

It could have been worse!!! aye this is a right old bed of roses, you will have to run that one past me.

Ibrox nuked?

#37 DJW

DJW

82/108

• 16,774 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

View Postpcbear, on 23 June 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

It could have been worse!!! aye this is a right old bed of roses, you will have to run that one past me.

Ibrox nuked?
Destroying young players confidence after getting humped 4-0 off diddy SPL teams?  What we're going through is awful, but at least we managed to see out the season with a bit of dignity.

#38 eosmhdo

eosmhdo

Terry Butcher

• True Blue
  • 3,922 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

View Postdjw1992, on 23 June 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

Never said it wasn't a good deed.
Just said they will not suffer from it thats all cause thats the truth.
Nobody blamed Wylde because the extent to how much the shit was going to hit the fan was not known then.
If he did it today he would get the same as the others are getting now.
The EPL pays good wages granted but even fucking Gary Caldwell looks not bad there.
Its the foreigners that make that league what it is.

#39 DJW

DJW

82/108

• 16,774 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

View Posteosmhdo, on 23 June 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

Never said it wasn't a good deed.
Just said they will not suffer from it thats all cause thats the truth.
Nobody blamed Wylde because the extent to how much the shit was going to hit the fan was not known then.
If he did it today he would get the same as the others are getting now.
The EPL pays good wages granted but even fucking Gary Caldwell looks not bad there.
Its the foreigners that make that league what it is.
Well they've had to make cuts in their own lives for the past few months for sure.  I just think that we should be a bit more grateful for that.

#40 eosmhdo

eosmhdo

Terry Butcher

• True Blue
  • 3,922 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

View Postdjw1992, on 23 June 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

Well they've had to make cuts in their own lives for the past few months for sure.  I just think that we should be a bit more grateful for that.

I was grateful then, but when it comes to taking a real proper financial hit in the present, certain players are for the off straight away.
Thats the facts of this but not a lot of people are seeing it.