Welcome to RangersMedia!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Just what is our impact away from Ibrox?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Shane

Shane

Conductor: Gravy Train

• True Blue
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:23 AM

Working with the numbers we got from the Motherwell financial guidance document, and subsequently verified in my twitter chat with Mr Johnson, we've been able to draw a little better image of just what a home date vs. Rangers means to the SPL9:

Posted Image

link
advertisement

#2 jdocherty72

jdocherty72

We Welcome The Chase

• True Blue
  • 6,369 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:26 AM

Goodbye St Mirren.

If I'm understanding this correctly..

#3 maverick1200

maverick1200

Corruptisima re publica plurimae leges

• True Blue
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:56 AM

Aberdeen, Motherwell, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock will be be in administration very quickly. I hope they all burn!

#4 pcbear

pcbear

Davie Cooper

• True Blue
  • 9,934 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:32 AM

In their haste to listen to their "fans" they are acting tough without realising that Scottish football will kill itself if all the teams on the brink topple.
Lunacy imo, when we get back to the whats left of the Spl there will be hardly any of the recognisible clubs still around, fall on your sword you daft fuckers.
There are many who should hang their head in shame over this carry on, a few from Ibrox included.

#5 TheBalls

TheBalls

Michael Mols

• Loyal Bluenose
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:20 AM

Hmmmm it all hinges on the Sky Deal IMO.

Ra Sellic threatened a boycott to anyone letting Rangers back in the league so this means nothing, the clubs were fucked either way.

Who goes to the wall depends on the Sky Deal.

#6 Edmiston Drive

Edmiston Drive

Silence is Golden.

• Banned
  • 34,290 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

View Postpcbear, on 26 June 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

In their haste to listen to their "fans" they are acting tough without realising that Scottish football will kill itself if all the teams on the brink topple.
Lunacy imo, when we get back to the whats left of the Spl there will be hardly any of the recognisible clubs still around, fall on your sword you daft fuckers.
There are many who should hang their head in shame over this carry on, a few from Ibrox included.

The fans they have been listening to are the equivalent of our very own md...................they have asked their various trust and just how many of their fan base are involved with these set ups.  People I know up here know exactly what my feelings are for Rangers and I still never miss the opportunity in telling them why we are the people............what has surprised me is that sheep fans (well older ones) have been saying that this has turned into a witch-hunt against us.........and that some of the things are way over the top................it is a certain age group of their fans that are gloating and all for us not being involved.............they seem to think of this as a victory.

Now what does this mean to them.......................loss of money and no way will they get fans in through the door to make up the numbers....for a couple of games they will come out the woodwork................also the other thing that it means for them ........instead of finishing 9th they have a better chance of finishing 8th.Posted Image

#7 bilko89

bilko89

God Bless The Papac

• True Blue
  • 3,511 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:22 AM

Why the fuck were Aberdeen building a new stadium when even when Rangers come to town, they can't even fill 3/4 of their shitehole just now :lol: silly sheep :lol: Could see 3 or 4 teams disappear by the time we're back

#8 scottyc06

scottyc06

53 and counting...

• True Blue
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

What I don't understand is why these clubs expect an increase in ticket sales due to Rangers not being in the league!? I mean, they're home attendances rise when the old firm come to town yet for some reason, they think that a game between say Inverness and St Mirren will attract a larger crowd than normal due to Rangers not being in the league!

Very strange thought process to say the least!

#9 paisleyroad

paisleyroad

Richard Gough

• True Blue
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:45 AM

I believe whilst listening to their bitter fans they have not realised that most of them who have been vocal are the armchair mob who never attend the football.

I would say most of them who actually turn up for games see the bigger picture.

#10 Ivybank

Ivybank

Andy Goram

• True Blue
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

View Postscottyc06, on 26 June 2012 - 06:38 AM, said:

What I don't understand is why these clubs expect an increase in ticket sales due to Rangers not being in the league!? I mean, they're home attendances rise when the old firm come to town yet for some reason, they think that a game between say Inverness and St Mirren will attract a larger crowd than normal due to Rangers not being in the league!

exactly,it really is laughable can u imagine a midweek game between inverness and st johnstone in winter.at the most
probably about 1000

#11 ally62

ally62

Richard Gough

• True Blue
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:31 AM

Good to know that they pricks across the town have paid an extra 50 this year for ST's with no Rangers.... :lol:

#12 docspiderman

docspiderman

Davie Cooper

• True Blue
  • 8,775 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:38 AM

View Postpaisleyroad, on 26 June 2012 - 06:45 AM, said:

I believe whilst listening to their bitter fans they have not realised that most of them who have been vocal are the armchair mob who never attend the football.

I would say most of them who actually turn up for games see the bigger picture.

A good argument against fans involvement in running clubs,I would say.

#13 MrSifter

MrSifter

Terry Butcher

• True Blue
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:38 AM

View Postally62, on 26 June 2012 - 07:31 AM, said:

Good to know that they pricks across the town have paid an extra 50 this year for ST's with no Rangers.... :lol:

Their crowds have been in terminal decline, I cannot see how this will improve without Rangers in the league.  If anything, a number will pay at the gate now as the season ticket is only of value in that it guarantees a ticket for the derby.

People need to stop thinking about this in financial terms.  It's an emotive decision rooted in envy and a desire to see Rangers taken down a peg or ten.  They cannot beat us eleven against eleven so this once in a lifetime chance is too much for them to pass by.

#14 psychobudgie

psychobudgie

Arthur Numan

• True Blue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

One thing that has been completely missed by these clubs and their self serving support is the impact on their local economy. Pubs, Take Away's, B&Bs, shops, etc are all going to be hit big time. I would assume the additional income some of these businesses receive for an Old Firm business is a very nice boost to their revenue.

#15 sonofbear

sonofbear

Ian Durrant

• True Blue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

View Postscottyc06, on 26 June 2012 - 06:38 AM, said:

Because Bill Leckie, Gordon Waddell and their like have told them so.