No to Appeasment

rayq81

In life we sometimes face a struggle, be it work, marriage, relationships or otherwise, but sometimes in life we find that we have reached the end of the road with being the "nice guy", sometimes we get pushed that little bit more than we can accept.

For every Rangers fan I feel this is now the case, we have been poked, baited, beaten and humiliated, we have been the scapegoats for the antagonists to take revenge for being the most successful club in the world and they are going to keep kicking until we cannot get up again.

I hear lots of these bastions of society going on about "needing to punish" telling us we should show humility and "be sorry" for what our club has done, this is the new theme being bandied around the media and the supporters from every small minded club in Scotland.

Say you are out for a drink and someone punches you, what do you do ? do you take it ? do you walk away ? or do you punch back ?

For me I will avoid punching someone unless there is no alternative, do whatever you want to me and I will probably not retaliate, hurt my family and I will with all my strngth hurt back with a vengeance.

My family is being hurt, the Rangers family, the team and fans and club that have been my family ever since I could walk and talk, I cannot sit back idly and watch punch after punch and kick after kick being dealt to my family without mercy.

Its time for the big boys to stand up to the bully, its time for us to stop the appeasment, the humility and the hand wringing, its time to hit back, quickly and without mercy.

We need leaders to mobilise and motivate, to get everyone who cares about us to get off their backsides and doing something, get on the talk shows, write to the media, lobby your MP, these will all help.

For the less faint hearted we need to demonstrate our strength, we need a proper organised march, not on a Saturday, on a day when those that hate us will be confronted face to face, Hampden when the SPL/SFA are in, Edinburgh when the parliament is in, or bring the city of Glasgow to a standstill during the peak periods, this is the only way, I dont buy the "bad press" we get that by doing nothing so we might as well get it by getting some results and making those that hate us realise tat we are not dead, we are very much alive.

Unity is everything, I am prepared to put my boots where my words are and will join in even if it means the 1000 mile round trip, I want to see my family safe and back where they belong, do you ?

Good post ray, but I'm now past the "nice guy" bit. Building site we are on just now must be the only site in Glasgow where no-one talks about football in the canteen. Or maybe its only when my bitter orange 6'7" son and me are in it. :sherlock:

Good post ray, but I'm now past the "nice guy" bit. Building site we are on just now must be the only site in Glasgow where no-one talks about football in the canteen. Or maybe its only when my bitter orange 6'7" son and me are in it. :sherlock:

Im past it too mate enough is enough in my book