East Fife Chairman

Just seen the East Fife Chairman on SSN talking about how they wanted Rangers in the draw and now have them. He said the biggest thing is that they get

50% of the gate money from Ibrox. He said it will keep their club going, which is a nice thing i suppose. However he made a kinda sarcy remark about

"...Oh we don't have an overdraft and we own our ground"

So in a nutshell 49,950 Rangers Fans will turn up to the game at Ibrox and say 50 East fife but they still get 50% of the money, i know it happens alot but at this fragile time seems a bit annoying.

Just seen the East Fife Chairman on SSN talking about how they wanted Rangers in the draw and now have them. He said the biggest thing is that they get

50% of the gate money from Ibrox. He said it will keep their club going, which is a nice thing i suppose. However he made a kinda sarcy remark about

So in a nutshell 49,950 Rangers Fans will turn up to the game at Ibrox and say 50 East fife but they still get 50% of the money, i know it happens alot but at this fragile time seems a bit annoying.

Some people look too hard to be offended

Think it's basically because if the luck of the draw.

If the gate was not split the home team would get home advantage and all the money. If the away team looses they leave with nothing.

Think a 50/50 split is the fairer way to go for the cup

Show us the deeds :lol:

Much better to have a home draw and give East Fife 50% than an away draw in front of a packed stadium of 5000 and us get 50% of the gate only, plus we get the revenue of pies etc.

And it could be worse, we could be drawn at St Midden, they'd then get 50% of the gate and all of any additional spend.

Some folk are never satisfied.

I'd sooner teams like East Fife, Stenny and Peterhead were taking 50% of the gate money than any of the cunts who voted to cut their own throats.

I wouldn't there all the same. Just because these wee diddy team are in the SFL doesn't mean they don't hate Rangers just as much as the SPL clubs.

This game against East Fife might be moved to the Sunday or the Scum will be moved, as they are due to play the Sheep that day Aug 4.

Strathclyde's finest won't have both games played in Glasgow on the same day.

(providing we get our licence)

Aww shut the fuck up, it was a dig at us, some people just don't give a fuck more like.

Exactly, these however small digs, do get tiresome, FFS they are going to get what is to them a small fortune, the digs were not needed.

I wouldn't there all the same. Just because these wee diddy team are in the SFL doesn't mean they don't hate Rangers just as much as the SPL clubs.

Very True also, these teams did vote us to the bottom, although grudgingly let us in DIV 3.

Whatever if i can a ticket I will be there, just want to get back to watching my team, in whatever form.

29 out of 30 of them voted us into the SFL, they could have banished us from Scottish Football for good if they'd wanted.

I think deep down they knew they couldnt do that, look at the financial complications already for them just because we are in DIV 3.

Something that cheered me up after that bit was Motherwell drawn against Panathinaikos in the CL game. They are going to get humped :wanker:

I'm quite fond of East Fife as my big cousin lives right next door to the Bayview Bar, which is right opposite their old ground,

been to quite a few of their home games, and it's a decent wee club, and being fair, they do need the loot, and i honestly would'nt grudge them a penny as there's a few good bears in Methil!!

I'm quite fond of East Fife as my big cousin lives right next door to the Bayview Bar, which is right opposite their old ground,

been to quite a few of their home games, and it's a decent wee club, and being fair, they do need the loot, and i honestly would'nt grudge them a penny as there's a few good bears in Methil!!

There certainly is, almost as much as in neighbouring Buckhaven

That is always the way cup games are - its a way of spreading the cash and nothing I would moan about. Great bonus for East Fife!

Well said buddy ,our bus leaves from mcphails in leven Buckhaven and methil supporters club and yes the fife arent a bad wee club ,my 17 yr old just signed 2 yr apprenticeship with them july 1st and laughed when he told me the draw the day.

I'd sooner teams like East Fife, Stenny and Peterhead were taking 50% of the gate money than any of the cunts who voted to cut their own throats.

Same. I dare say some of the Div 3 teams will take bigger away supports than some SPL clubs due to the novelty of an day out at Ibrox for their team.

The only time i will have a problem with this is when we play an SPL side in the cup or Livingston, Morton or Partick Thistle. :)

Translation We dont have an overdraft ------ No bank will touch us with a barge pole

We own our own stadium ------ No one else wanted it so we offered the council a grand and they gave us it.

Good luck to East Fife ( except in their next game ) they must be very proud of all their achievements.