Welcome to RangersMedia!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Let's take a year out

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Gaffbear

Gaffbear

cause the worlds insane and were all to blame anyway

• True Blue
  • 11,535 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:28 AM

View PostDaddy Bear, on 23 July 2012 - 05:54 AM, said:

Exactly what you've done, is it not?
Nope

#22 No.12

No.12

The 12th Man.

• True Blue
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:33 AM

View PostGaffbear, on 23 July 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

Nope
Fair enough.

#23 debear

debear

Queen Street True Blues

• True Blue
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:04 AM

Are people supporting the on crack?

Where does our income come from? You think the players are going to hang around with no football? Sponsors? No ticket sales? No TV?

What teams worth their salt are going to play us in meaningless kickabouts? And if no license we canít play proper games anyway?

And what happens once the year is over? Do they just kick out a team to let us back in?

#24 mackenzie

mackenzie

Jorg Albertz

• Loyal Bluenose
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

Looks like this thread is split but i think we should have told them to stick it up there hole. Yes i do get what the shite merchants are saying but i think they would have backed down. They simply cant let us go out the game because of our cash. So i think green has sold us out. we should have took them again to court for a full seasons loss of revenue as this sanction was passed by the court as illegal !

#25 CraigG

CraigG

Arthur Numan

• True Blue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

Our cash? we haven't got any. That's one of the reasons why we are in this mess.

#26 glesgabear81

glesgabear81

Ian Durrant

• True Blue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

A year out would be catastrophic, thankfully Charles Green doesn't base his decisions on emotion, he will do whats best for Rangers because ultimately the better we do, the better him and his backers do.

#27 Ralph Brand

Ralph Brand

David Cooper Templeton

• Loyal Bluenose
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

Good thread if looked at from a sensible viewpoint.   As a Ranger do you want to lie down and be walked over by anybody but still play or do you stand up say what you will accept and stand by that.
I dont want to be laughed at as we have no media rights and a lot less trophies and we play in a mickey mouse league and will do for at least three years.
Difficult to decide but for Mr Green it is easy. He made it clear he bought the club to come out in a few years with a profit so at the end of the day he is only interested in his cash.  I dont like it but can you blame him.
Not that long ago we played in a European final and now we are off to Brechin. JUst how low do you want to go.

#28 TheBluebells

TheBluebells

Official Fappening Co-Ordinator

• True Blue
  • 17,007 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

View PostRalph Brand, on 23 July 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

Good thread if looked at from a sensible viewpoint.   As a Ranger do you want to lie down and be walked over by anybody but still play or do you stand up say what you will accept and stand by that.
I dont want to be laughed at as we have no media rights and a lot less trophies and we play in a mickey mouse league and will do for at least three years.
Difficult to decide but for Mr Green it is easy. He made it clear he bought the club to come out in a few years with a profit so at the end of the day he is only interested in his cash.  I dont like it but can you blame him.
Not that long ago we played in a European final and now we are off to Brechin. JUst how low do you want to go.

It's not a difficult decision, you either want a club to support or don't.

Taking a year out, as a football club, is in no way sensible what so ever.

#29 ray

ray

Richard Gough

• Banned
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

The hand wringers have evidently never heard of dispensation (exemption from a rule or usual requirement) or even us winning the battle against injustice, no surprise there. :sherlock:

#30 Gaz92

Gaz92

Gazza

• True Blue
  • 7,131 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

View Postray, on 23 July 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

The hand wringers have evidently never heard of dispensation (exemption from a rule or usual requirement) or even us winning the battle against injustice, no surprise there. :sherlock:

Can I ask, ray, did you see a thread on here on Saturday night about someone on Pie and Bovril bragging about having "infiltrated" this site, with 50+ reps?

#31 ray

ray

Richard Gough

• Banned
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

View PostGaz92, on 23 July 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

Can I ask, ray, did you see a thread on here on Saturday night about someone on Pie and Bovril bragging about having "infiltrated" this site, with 50+ reps?
Of course you can ask, but I am more a chicken karachi and lunatic soup man myself, 50+reps eh, the hand wringers must be pishin in their boots.  :pipe:

#32 wighty1963

wighty1963

Davie Weir

• Loyal Bluenose
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

It's called "THE BEARS DEN" and we are all entitled to our view. How many companies have gone into liqidation and came back with a new company and nothing has happened to them.We are being made an example of and we should tell the SFA to go fuck theirselves and fight our corner. Charlie should appeal and put the season back and fuck the fixtures up.The punishments keep on coming and do we just accept them and if we do what's next! As the saying goes "WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY" so why don't we face up to the SFA and ask them outright "Do you want Rangers to die" if so stop fannying about and tell us. WATP BJK.

#33 Rfc52

Rfc52

Up the volunteers

• True Blue
  • 55,937 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

View Postwighty1963, on 23 July 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

It's called "THE BEARS DEN" and we are all entitled to our view. How many companies have gone into liqidation and came back with a new company and nothing has happened to them.We are being made an example of and we should tell the SFA to go fuck theirselves and fight our corner. Charlie should appeal and put the season back and fuck the fixtures up.The punishments keep on coming and do we just accept them and if we do what's next! As the saying goes "WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY" so why don't we face up to the SFA and ask them outright "Do you want Rangers to die" if so stop fannying about and tell us. WATP BJK.

Och fuck off ya pie.

Your username is a beauty aswell :rolleyes:

#34 ranter

ranter

Michael Mols

• Loyal Bluenose
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostGaffbear, on 23 July 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

I'm sure we could find a wee tourney somewhere in the world every month to keep us going plus glamour friendlies..especially during Europes winter break and international weekends.
Wouldn't be ideal but if we bend over and let them take titles and our media rights just so we can eat at their table then i'll be ashamed.

We have to fight back...Would Jock Wallce,Wullie Waddell,Alex McDonald,Davie Cooper,Tam Forsyth etc fold and greet..never . WE need some fuckin backbone again.
Who would we play glamour friendlies against if we havent got a licence? We cant even play Albion Rovers in public without one.

#35 Butch_Cassidy

Butch_Cassidy

David Cooper Templeton

• Loyal Bluenose
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

Taking a year out is absolutely not an option.  It would definitely kill the club, perhaps not for ever but for many years.  Trouble is, we need the SFA membership perhaps even more than they need us.  If we play hardball over the proposed sanctions, they might just tell us to get lost and bring Spartans in instead.   :anguish:

#36 CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

GOT MY MOJO WORKING

• True Blue
  • 10,637 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostGeneralCartmanLee, on 23 July 2012 - 07:02 AM, said:

A very stupid thread

A very stupid notion.  :angry:

#37 Rupret

Rupret

Arthur Numan

• True Blue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

View Postwighty1963, on 22 July 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

The SFA SPL are trying to do everything possible to kick us while we are down. Why don't we tell them to GTF and we are not given in to anymore sanctions so we don't want a licence this year. We hold all the bargaining tools so Charlie boy should tell we don't need you and watch from the outside Scottish Football dying a slow death. WATP

A very ill conceived and completely stupid thread

We all do one, I had to create a new account because of one

Are you still genuinely serious?

#38 loyalfollower

loyalfollower

Richard Gough

• True Blue
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

A year out makes no sense whatsoever. We need this membership or we're screwed. Yes the s.p.l will be screwed aswell,but I only care about rangers f.c and we need to play football

#39 rangers_1993

rangers_1993

Richard Gough

• True Blue
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:48 PM

:sleep1:

#40 BRICKY1872

BRICKY1872

Richard Gough

• True Blue
  • 2,924 posts