Welcome to RangersMedia!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Rangers Troubles Worth It In The Long Run ?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Guardian

Guardian

Davie Cooper

• True Blue
  • 7,545 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wish this on anyone (well apart from any team in the SPL and its fans)

But will we look back on this in 10 years as a beneficial bloodletting that allowed us to get rid of all the debt and baggage holding us back ?

We have a few years with smaller outlays, no debt and still a huge fanbase.

While the other SPL clubs struggle for survival we will be rebuilding and will emerge as a very potent force when this is done. With little debt we will be able to put together a decent team easier than the rest, and any euro money picked up will only strengthen our position.

I'm well aware we'll have a few lean years ahead, but getting away from the disaster heaped on us by Murray and Whyte may well be the catalyst that spurs on future success.
advertisement

#2 Gers1690

Gers1690

Andy Goram

• True Blue
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

Put it this way - the next time we win an SPL Title, whether that be in 3 years time; 10 years time; 50 years time etc it will be the Best Ever Title win, nothing will compare to it, based on the fact we will all remember these times; the media will constantly remind everyone what happened in 2012; the world will remember what happened this year too...

Our next title will be even better than the 2005 and 2011 titles and it will hurt septic even more too  :ulster:

#3 bombaybadboy08

bombaybadboy08

Bill Struth

• True Blue
  • 33,626 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

This is the way I've been looking on it.
We will/should be functioning successfully without relying on European money then when we do get it it's a bonus.
Hopefully these next few years will hammer home that our futures the youngsters and if they're good enough get them in there.

#4 jcb

jcb

Richard Gough

• True Blue
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

View PostGuardian, on 04 August 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wish this on anyone (well apart from any team in the SPL and its fans)

But will we look back on this in 10 years as a beneficial bloodletting that allowed us to get rid of all the debt and baggage holding us back ?

While the other SPL clubs struggle for survival we will be rebuilding and will emerge as a very potent force when this is done. With little debt we will be able to put together a decent team easier than the rest, and any euro money picked up will only strengthen our position.

I'm well aware we'll have a few lean years ahead, but getting away from the disaster heaped on us by Murray and Whyte may well be the catalyst that spurs on future success.
More or less said this in another thread.

An opportunity to put in place the foundations that serve us for a generation.

Lets not waste it.

#5 fauldy72

fauldy72

Jorg Albertz

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

Aye what happened will leave us fixed for the next 140 years of dominating.

#6 El Carpintero

El Carpintero

Gazza

• Banned
  • 6,307 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

I will tell you in a few years time when we lift our next SPL title. (tu)

#7 North Rd

North Rd

Tom Vallance

• True Blue
  • 7,669 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

We have a chance to play a certain way, that should be replicated through all our youth teams , like Barca, so when anyone is called upon they know the system and can fit in with no worries. This will be a hard couple years but we must rise to the challenge and let's play slinky football, a passing game, will take time, but we must do away with the punt up the park football.

#8 54andcounting

54andcounting

Then,now,forever!!!

• True Blue
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

Ask me again when I am over my nervous breakdown, divorce and alcoholism!!! <cr>

#9 nachothelegend

nachothelegend

Jim Baxter

• True Blue
  • 12,730 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

Have to agree totally and we should stop this buying old players who are near the end of their careers ,and if we require foreign players we should be bringing them in much younger along with a blend of some hardened Scots.
No more over 30's foriegners with no sell on value.
We can then invest sensibly within our means.
No more over inflated overated hasbeens like James Beatie ,or injury prone Websters who wont play for us.
We have an exciting future ahead giving time, and patience.

#10 jcb

jcb

Richard Gough

• True Blue
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostNorth Rd, on 04 August 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

We have a chance to play a certain way, that should be replicated through all our youth teams , like Barca, so when anyone is called upon they know the system and can fit in with no worries. This will be a hard couple years but we must rise to the challenge and let's play slinky football, a passing game, will take time, but we must do away with the punt up the park football.
Need to change the head of the youth department for this to be implemented.

#11 nachothelegend

nachothelegend

Jim Baxter

• True Blue
  • 12,730 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

View Postjcb, on 04 August 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Need to change the head of the youth department for this to be implemented.
Yes and that fucking long ball needs to go.asap.

#12 jcb

jcb

Richard Gough

• True Blue
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

View Postnachothelegend, on 04 August 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

Yes and that fucking long ball needs to go.asap.
Like i said nothing will change unless JS is replaced.

The type of players produced is a reflection of the requirements laid down from the top.

Many of the youths we have seen in the past couple of years were a product of previous regimes.

#13 CraigG

CraigG

Arthur Numan

• True Blue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

View PostNorth Rd, on 04 August 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

It's a great idea but we'd need Barcelona quality coaches to do it.

#14 geronimoo

geronimoo

Davie Dodds Lovechild

• True Blue
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

From a business point of view what has happened is good, we have lost a lot of debt and due to the fans the club will build up.

#15 dougied123

dougied123

Looking for the next Marco Negri

• True Blue
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostGuardian, on 04 August 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

I hope and think you are right, just wish it didnt hurt so much. Sick of all the pish going on now

#16 Bluepeter9

Bluepeter9

Walter Smith

• True Blue
  • 18,526 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

I dont think it is worth it - all the heart break and uncertaintity, the near demise of our club and the absolute shame that one of our owners could mis-manage us so much we were put in this terrible position.

However we are here - it is a reality and now we have to make the best off it we can. We have to build for the future and the first thing that needs secured is our long term financial viability - we should never get into such a financial mess again that it threatens our club.

#17 3Proddie1690

3Proddie1690

Andy Goram

• True Blue
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

I agree with everything in here... like most other bears, i think it's time we seen the youth, we've a golden oppertunity here to build something, something for the now, and the future... I say embrace it

#18 Saddam Ghandi

Saddam Ghandi

Stuart McCall

• Loyal Bluenose
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

In a word, No.

Call me old fashioned but this "no debt" patter is fucking embarrassing, I always try to pay my way and expect others to do the same, certainly my football club. Our standards have been seriously compromised over this last period and that is a hard one for me to take.

Yes, we have been fucked over, but we as supporters could have done more, we lacked any real leadereship despite our many (and very wide...)supporter associations  bodies.

If we are to turn this in to a positive at all the hard work starts now, but we need proper fan representation as opposed to Dingwall backing a losing fantasy horse (hmmm, a unicorn?) for personal gain. No offence to any of our leading and visible reps, bloggers etc but none of them have engaging, dynamic personalities - it has been asking a helluva lot for Ally to lead the club, the fans, deal with the media and so on...the man is now Beyond Myth, for me the Greatest Ever Ranger - no offence to Greig but he just hasn't got it for that role - his silence is deafening, why?

#19 nachothelegend

nachothelegend

Jim Baxter

• True Blue
  • 12,730 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

View PostBluepeter9, on 04 August 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

I dont think it is worth it - all the heart break and uncertaintity, the near demise of our club and the absolute shame that one of our owners could mis-manage us so much we were put in this terrible position.

However we are here - it is a reality and now we have to make the best off it we can. We have to build for the future and the first thing that needs secured is our long term financial viability - we should never get into such a financial mess again that it threatens our club.
Would you have preffered us to have been the whipping boys in the SPL ,with points deduction no europe for 5 years ,and loss of half of every home Game gate money?
All that whilst those who put us there got richer ,and ,richer of Rangers Fans hard earned.
Im happy to support Rangers in any League includong the junior league if need be.

#20 new eagle

new eagle

Stuart McCall

• Loyal Bluenose
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

View Postnachothelegend, on 04 August 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

Have to agree totally and we should stop this buying old players who are near the end of their careers ,and if we require foreign players we should be bringing them in much younger along with a blend of some hardened Scots.
No more over 30's foriegners with no sell on value.
We can then invest sensibly within our means.
No more over inflated overated hasbeens like James Beatie ,or injury prone Websters who wont play for us.
We have an exciting future ahead giving time, and patience.

Jeffers was another one!!!, no more as you say of these leaches!!!!