Jump to content

Welcome to RangersMedia!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.


Jim McColl


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 iang2911

iang2911

    Richard Gough

  • True Blue
  • 1,910 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Glasgow

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

"Asked by The Herald if he had had any talks with Mr Green about buying a stake in Rangers, Mr McColl, one of Scotland's richest men, replied: "I am not one of the guys there just now."

However, declaring he was watching with interest, Mr McColl added: "I think it is a great opportunity for Rangers to build on their youth programme, and I think we will come out of it stronger.

"I have got to take my hat off to Green. He has been quite tenacious and he has managed to get it where it can now be built on. The fans have really got to get behind what he is doing there just now.""

hopefully this will be the beginning of the end for the remaining doubters

Link The herald
advertisement


Edited by iang2911, 11 August 2012 - 02:25 PM.


#2 The Beast

The Beast

    Richard Gough

  • True Blue
  • 2,514 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

View Postiang2911, on 11 August 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

"However, declaring he was watching with interest, Mr McColl added: "I think it is a great opportunity for Rangers to build on their youth programme, and I think we will come out of it stronger.

"I have got to take my hat off to Green. He has been quite tenacious and he has managed to get it where it can now be built on. The fans have really got to get behind what he is doing there just now.""

hopefully this will be the beginning of the end for the remaining doubters

Maybe some of them might have the balls to come on here and apologise to us Rangers fans ?

#3 JM1872

JM1872

    Davie, oh Davie Cooper...

  • Site Writer
  • 7,373 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Section

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

Get him in as an investor Posted Image

#4 FUDGIE52

FUDGIE52

    Richard Gough

  • Banned
  • 2,481 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:East Ayrshire

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

Buy a stake in the club MColl ya misrable cvnt.

#5 iang2911

iang2911

    Richard Gough

  • True Blue
  • 1,910 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Glasgow

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

View PostFUDGIE52, on 11 August 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

Buy a stake in the club MColl ya misrable cvnt.


Updated the OP for you...

#6 ZeonBlue

ZeonBlue

    Richard Gough

  • True Blue
  • 2,449 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Alloa

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

Good of him to say so after the hard long battle that he fought to buy Rangers

Posted Image

#7 FUDGIE52

FUDGIE52

    Richard Gough

  • Banned
  • 2,481 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:East Ayrshire

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

View Postiang2911, on 11 August 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

Updated the OP for you...


Cheer bud fingers crossed McColl does invest the more the merrier.

#8 WATP-FOREVER

WATP-FOREVER

    Richard Gough

  • True Blue
  • 2,411 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ma neighbours, neighbour

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostThe Beast, on 11 August 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

Maybe some of them might have the balls to come on here and apologise to us Rangers fans ?


I am one of those doubters - and i will apologise, and I do have greens Rangers email address.  The email will be leaving my laptop as soon as he publishes a straight question, with a straight answer.

Who owns Rangers FC.

#9 the goal machine

the goal machine

    Bill Struth

  • True Blue
  • 29,373 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Glasgow

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

There is no way I could have as much money as McColl has and not invest any in to my own team.

#10 theweebluenose

theweebluenose

    Gazza

  • True Blue
  • 6,436 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Great Britain

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

FF Fanboys won't like this.

#11 mac4443

mac4443

    Arthur Numan

  • True Blue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:glasgow

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

View PostThePeopleWeAre, on 11 August 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

Get him in as an investor Posted Image
get him in as a defender

#12 JM1872

JM1872

    Davie, oh Davie Cooper...

  • Site Writer
  • 7,373 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Section

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

View Postmac4443, on 11 August 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

get him in as a defender

He could do a fuckin job mate :anguish:

#13 mac4443

mac4443

    Arthur Numan

  • True Blue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:glasgow

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

View Postthe goal machine, on 11 August 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

There is no way I could have as much money as McColl has and not invest any in to my own team.
true fans like us invest to keep the turnstiles turning

#14 Mr Brightside

Mr Brightside

    Rejoice!! The shifties are back

  • True Blue
  • 23,293 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oblivion

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

View PostWATP-FOREVER, on 11 August 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

I am one of those doubters - and i will apologise, and I do have greens Rangers email address.  


Boogaloo

#15 dougied123

dougied123

    Looking for the next Marco Negri

  • True Blue
  • 2,042 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Elgin

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

View Posttheweebluenose, on 11 August 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

FF Fanboys won't like this.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:      nor will comeofit!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:      Puts his we argument in the shade a bit!

#16 Comeoffit

Comeoffit

    Mark Hateley

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Murray Hill

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

View Postdougied123, on 11 August 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:      nor will comeofit!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:      Puts his we argument in the shade a bit!

Puts what wee argument in the shade? This doesnt change anything that ive criticised green for. Ive only moaned about his lying, shit talking and patronising of us. Nothing McColl has said there changes any of that.

Id feel a lot better if McColl put his dough where his mouth is. He surely wouldnt miss a million or two for 10% of us. Still a bit worrying he wont do business with charlie.

What do people really expect McColl to say? Fuck green hes at it? It goes without saying that we should all get behind Rangers.

Instead of filling you shite posts up with smileys, try saying something worth reading.

#17 docspiderman

docspiderman

    Davie Cooper

  • True Blue
  • 8,760 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Falkirk

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

Has McColl not consistently stated he would never invest money in a football club? Financial advice yes but cash no.

#18 Comeoffit

Comeoffit

    Mark Hateley

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Murray Hill

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

View Postdocspiderman, on 11 August 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

Has McColl not consistently stated he would never invest money in a football club? Financial advice yes but cash no.

Yes, because he knows investing money in a successful football club is money he'll never see again. How you think he got his millions, not by pissing it away on things that cant make a profit.

#19 dougied123

dougied123

    Looking for the next Marco Negri

  • True Blue
  • 2,042 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Elgin

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostComeoffit, on 11 August 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

Puts what wee argument in the shade? This doesnt change anything that ive criticised green for. Ive only moaned about his lying, shit talking and patronising of us. Nothing McColl has said there changes any of that.

Id feel a lot better if McColl put his dough where his mouth is. He surely wouldnt miss a million or two for 10% of us. Still a bit worrying he wont do business with charlie.

What do people really expect McColl to say? Fuck green hes at it? It goes without saying that we should all get behind Rangers.

Instead of filling you shite posts up with smileys, try saying something worth reading.
He says 'he's not there now' in terms of investing, which by my reconing implies he expects to be there at some point in the future. He also says 'I take my hat off' to Green, not a comment of anyone who is critical of his ways or methods, rather a comment which compliments him.

Surely if even Jim McColl can come round to being that supportive of Green, even you must say your argument is weakened at least ffs.

#20 Comeoffit

Comeoffit

    Mark Hateley

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Murray Hill

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

View Postdougied123, on 11 August 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

He says 'he's not there now' in terms of investing, which by my reconing implies he expects to be there at some point in the future. He also says 'I take my hat off' to Green, not a comment of anyone who is critical of his ways or methods, rather a comment which compliments him.

Surely if even Jim McColl can come round to being that supportive of Green, even you must say your argument is weakened at least ffs.

Im not sure what you think my "argument" is? All ive ever said is that he tells lies sometimes and he patronises our support. Nothing McColl says will change that. I like to form my opinions on what charlie actually says and then does, not by what other people say about him.

I think you'll be waiting a long time before McColl puts his money in while charlie is still the dude. Ill stand corrected if it happens. McColl cant say anything other than what he said without destabilising us. Im hoping charlie convinces me one day, but its not looking good from my point of view.