Jump to content

Welcome to RangersMedia!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.


The Rangers Media


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 SteveJ

SteveJ

    Terry Butcher

  • True Blue
  • 3,823 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fife

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

*
POPULAR

Lads and Lassies, I joined RM many moons ago because I felt it had the balanced approach amongst fans and the discussions were on an adult level, with a high end of debate. I was not disappointed in that the love for Rangers was of paramount importance and that the members were welcoming, albeit a tad suspect on fakes.

Today see's the same people on site, who are still as articulate as ever, considerate to the cause and have the same overall goal - to see Rangers succeed on and off the pitch. We are still suspect to fake accounts from those who wish to see what the blue side are talking about, but we deal with that very well.

Do you sense a but, coming? Forgive me, there is one. The 'but', is to do with the in fighting on RM from existing members, new members and the members who have been on here since the web was officially opened by the US military! My question is WHY?

Rangers Media is not FF - I am sure we can all sigh a breath of relief at that! So why do we debate with proverbial attacks? Can we not just debate opinions, without calling each other a wanker or cunt?

Rangers are not too far away from stability; that I have no doubt. The AGM will allow the shareholders to choose the right option, as long as we do not allow the RST a major vote. With that in mind, can we stabilise RM and accept that members on here are actual Rangers fans who want a return to the playing field and UEFA trophies?

Let's discuss the club we love, with respect.
advertisement



#2 FernandoR20

FernandoR20

    Brian Laudrup

  • True Blue
  • 17,272 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Everywhere

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

:wanker:

#3 Parlaneloyal

Parlaneloyal

    Stuart McCall

  • True Blue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Staffordshire

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

'Rangers are not too far from stability'

I want some of they drugs

#4 1st_Jan_1994

1st_Jan_1994

    ALLY ALLY GTF

  • Banned
  • 36,193 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:DISBAND THE REBEL FANS GROUPS AND ULTRAS

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

Nice rallying thread

Wil probably get 10-15 likes (tu)

#5 peter1872

peter1872

    Gazza

  • True Blue
  • 5,613 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Glasgow

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

I think the site got to rock bottom when the mods allowed a thread title which essentially called PM a clown.

Regardless of the personal opinion of PM, those running the site should have changed the title as leaving it on was saying it's ok to abuse people.

Individial posts within threads are harder to moderate but this was in plain sight.

#6 JamieG54

JamieG54

    Gazza

  • True Blue
  • 5,073 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bears Den

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

I rarely read Opening Posts that are over a few paragraphs long. Just cant be arsed reading arguments over the same stuff every day.

Good banter still but you need to look for it. Not much fun anymore.

#7 1st_Jan_1994

1st_Jan_1994

    ALLY ALLY GTF

  • Banned
  • 36,193 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:DISBAND THE REBEL FANS GROUPS AND ULTRAS

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

View Postpeter1872, on 18 October 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

I think the site got to rock bottom when the mods allowed a thread title which essentially called PM a clown.

Regardless of the personal opinion of PM, those running the site should have changed the title as leaving it on was saying it's ok to abuse people.

Individial posts within threads are harder to moderate but this was in plain sight.

If someone thinks he's a clown then they should be allowed to say then anyone who disagrees can have their say in the thread

Calling someone a clown is hardly the height of abuse I've seen a lot worse said

#8 FernandoR20

FernandoR20

    Brian Laudrup

  • True Blue
  • 17,272 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Everywhere

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

View Postpeter1872, on 18 October 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

I think the site got to rock bottom when the mods allowed a thread title which essentially called PM a clown.

Regardless of the personal opinion of PM, those running the site should have changed the title as leaving it on was saying it's ok to abuse people.

Individial posts within threads are harder to moderate but this was in plain sight.

PM is a fucking clown though.

#9 Muirheadbear

Muirheadbear

    Terry Butcher

  • True Blue
  • 3,675 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Redding, Falkirk

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

I agree mate but you'll get dogs abuse from the 'keyboard hardmen'
It's not abuse though because it will be true. You'll just have to be thick skinned.

#10 peter1872

peter1872

    Gazza

  • True Blue
  • 5,613 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Glasgow

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

View Post1st_Jan_1994, on 18 October 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:



If someone thinks he's a clown then they should be allowed to say then anyone who disagrees can have their say in the thread

Calling someone a clown is hardly the height of abuse I've seen a lot worse said
It's the lighter end compared to some within threads but it's still abuse and it shouldn't have been allowed on a thread title.

#11 minstral

minstral

    Bill Struth

  • True Blue
  • 26,903 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostMuirheadbear, on 18 October 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

I agree mate but you'll get dogs abuse from the 'keyboard hardmen'
It's not abuse though because it will be true. You'll just have to be thick skinned.



Posted Image

#12 1st_Jan_1994

1st_Jan_1994

    ALLY ALLY GTF

  • Banned
  • 36,193 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:DISBAND THE REBEL FANS GROUPS AND ULTRAS

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

View Postpeter1872, on 18 October 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:


It's the lighter end compared to some within threads but it's still abuse and it shouldn't have been allowed on a thread title.

Well that's just one of the perils of free speech we have on here and it's great

#13 djbroxybear

djbroxybear

    Richard Gough

  • True Blue
  • 3,003 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gods Country

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostSteveJ, on 18 October 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Lads and Lassies, I joined RM many moons ago because I felt it had the balanced approach amongst fans and the discussions were on an adult level, with a high end of debate. I was not disappointed in that the love for Rangers was of paramount importance and that the members were welcoming, albeit a tad suspect on fakes.

Today see's the same people on site, who are still as articulate as ever, considerate to the cause and have the same overall goal - to see Rangers succeed on and off the pitch. We are still suspect to fake accounts from those who wish to see what the blue side are talking about, but we deal with that very well.

Do you sense a but, coming? Forgive me, there is one. The 'but', is to do with the in fighting on RM from existing members, new members and the members who have been on here since the web was officially opened by the US military! My question is WHY?

Rangers Media is not FF - I am sure we can all sigh a breath of relief at that! So why do we debate with proverbial attacks? Can we not just debate opinions, without calling each other a wanker or cunt?

Rangers are not too far away from stability; that I have no doubt. The AGM will allow the shareholders to choose the right option, as long as we do not allow the RST a major vote. With that in mind, can we stabilise RM and accept that members on here are actual Rangers fans who want a return to the playing field and UEFA trophies?

Let's discuss the club we love, with respect.


The problem you have mate when you are on this site or any Rangers forum is people have there own opinions or agendas with the Club they support, you will have people coming on from other clubs trying to wind up etc and proclaim to be Rangers fans with there opinions of the club. I would say don't take things serious on here and give back your opinion to seem's fit on topic.

#14 SteveJ

SteveJ

    Terry Butcher

  • True Blue
  • 3,823 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fife

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

View Post1st_Jan_1994, on 18 October 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

Nice rallying thread

Wil probably get 10-15 likes (tu)

What has this got to do with rallying?

Surprised at you, to be honest!

#15 1st_Jan_1994

1st_Jan_1994

    ALLY ALLY GTF

  • Banned
  • 36,193 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:DISBAND THE REBEL FANS GROUPS AND ULTRAS

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostSteveJ, on 18 October 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:



What has this got to do with rallying?

Surprised at you, to be honest!

Was only a joke

#16 10pshortof17pound

10pshortof17pound

    Arthur Numan

  • True Blue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Argyll

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

SJ  I am of the same ilk as yourself - thanks for breaking cover. This forum stands head and shoulders above the rest of them. Lately the bile has been just too much and  I've just chosen to spectate and not participate. I'll now pin my colours to the mast - Craig Mather walked in to a shitstorm and IMO handled it as well as anyone could have - Dave King is wishful thinking at the moment based on the number of enemies who will contest his credentials. Paul Murray has won a court ruling but if there is any justice the AGM  will sent him to f**k and we'll never hear of him again -Aye right.!! In the meantime all we can do is support the Queen's Eleven as we always have and hope to goodness some sort of sanity emerges at the end of all this.

#17 ZZed

ZZed

    Prize Numpty

  • True Blue
  • 1,772 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

steve the abuse bit does not bother me as it is often passion and frustration, BUT the love of our club comes through. The kiddy on ones soon out themselves as thier passion is to hate us not love us. We can disagree with other bears and it can get spicy but we can see the other person does care even if they can't see that I am always right. ;)

#18 SteveJ

SteveJ

    Terry Butcher

  • True Blue
  • 3,823 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fife

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

View Postdjbroxybear, on 18 October 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

The problem you have mate when you are on this site or any Rangers forum is people have there own opinions or agendas with the Club they support, you will have people coming on from other clubs trying to wind up etc and proclaim to be Rangers fans with there opinions of the club. I would say don't take things serious on here and give back your opinion to seem's fit on topic.

I think you are missing the point. I joined RM with a certain membership who I struggled to adapt to because they chuckled at my potential to be a fenian. Those people are now old timers :-)

My point is that we fight on the pitches, we fight on the stands and we fight on the fora. We just fight!

#19 BLUEDIGNITY

BLUEDIGNITY

    BLUEDIGNITY

  • True Blue
  • 26,626 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lodge Sou'side, Oatlands

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

View PostSteveJ, on 18 October 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Lads and Lassies, I joined RM many moons ago because I felt it had the balanced approach amongst fans and the discussions were on an adult level, with a high end of debate. I was not disappointed in that the love for Rangers was of paramount importance and that the members were welcoming, albeit a tad suspect on fakes.

Today see's the same people on site, who are still as articulate as ever, considerate to the cause and have the same overall goal - to see Rangers succeed on and off the pitch. We are still suspect to fake accounts from those who wish to see what the blue side are talking about, but we deal with that very well.

Do you sense a but, coming? Forgive me, there is one. The 'but', is to do with the in fighting on RM from existing members, new members and the members who have been on here since the web was officially opened by the US military! My question is WHY?

Rangers Media is not FF - I am sure we can all sigh a breath of relief at that! So why do we debate with proverbial attacks? Can we not just debate opinions, without calling each other a wanker or cunt?

Rangers are not too far away from stability; that I have no doubt. The AGM will allow the shareholders to choose the right option, as long as we do not allow the RST a major vote. With that in mind, can we stabilise RM and accept that members on here are actual Rangers fans who want a return to the playing field and UEFA trophies?

Let's discuss the club we love, with respect.

That's if we ever get an AGM ! (tu) :sherlock:

#20 rangersfc77

rangersfc77

    Andy Goram

  • Banned
  • 1,483 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:scotland

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

View PostSteveJ, on 18 October 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Lads and Lassies, I joined RM many moons ago because I felt it had the balanced approach amongst fans and the discussions were on an adult level, with a high end of debate. I was not disappointed in that the love for Rangers was of paramount importance and that the members were welcoming, albeit a tad suspect on fakes.

Today see's the same people on site, who are still as articulate as ever, considerate to the cause and have the same overall goal - to see Rangers succeed on and off the pitch. We are still suspect to fake accounts from those who wish to see what the blue side are talking about, but we deal with that very well.

Do you sense a but, coming? Forgive me, there is one. The 'but', is to do with the in fighting on RM from existing members, new members and the members who have been on here since the web was officially opened by the US military! My question is WHY?

Rangers Media is not FF - I am sure we can all sigh a breath of relief at that! So why do we debate with proverbial attacks? Can we not just debate opinions, without calling each other a wanker or cunt?

Rangers are not too far away from stability; that I have no doubt. The AGM will allow the shareholders to choose the right option, as long as we do not allow the RST a major vote. With that in mind, can we stabilise RM and accept that members on here are actual Rangers fans who want a return to the playing field and UEFA trophies?

Let's discuss the club we love, with respect.
Yes I just joined but it was recommended to me as a forum (from long standing members) that is full of real bears

Edited by rangersfc77, 18 October 2013 - 09:36 PM.