McCoist set for budget showdown with Graham Wallace

Bothwellbear

Rangers boss Ally McCoist set for budget showdown with chief executive Graham Wallace

THE Rangers manager will meet with chief exec' Wallace over the next couple of days to find out how much money he will have to spend on players this summer.

SNS Group/Rob Casey JS34960101.jpg Rangers manager Ally McCoist

ALLY McCOIST will hold budget talks with Graham Wallace in the next 48 hours – as the Rangers chief executive confirmed his 120-day review into the business of the club has been completed.

Wallace didn’t shed any light on its findings but McCoist, who watched his team beat Ayr United 2-1 at Ibrox last night thanks to a Bilel Mohsni double, confirmed talks will be held before the weekend to determine what kind of budget he will have for his assault on the Championship next season.

McCoist said: “I haven’t spoken to Graham yet but there’s no doubt I will sit down with him before the end of the week. We plan to meet tomorrow or Thursday.”

In last night’s match programme, Ibrox chief Wallace made it clear

the club would, as 
promised, update fans 
on the review on Friday.

He said: “We have completed our review and the board has been engaged in developing the future strategy to equip the club to be competitive once again at the top of Scottish football.

“As announced, we will be issuing an update on the business review later this week to give supporters more insight into both the current position of the club and, more importantly, our future aspirations.”

However, the Union 
of Fans group issued 
leaflets to supporters entering Ibrox last night, describing the board’s review as a diversion.

The leaflets read: “The so-called review was always designed to buy the board time – it’s an insult.

“It has been timed so that fans only have days to consider it before the season-ticket deadline.

“The timing is intended to panic season-ticket holders into renewing.”

Meanwhile, McCoist admitted Rangers’ display last night wasn’t up to the standard he expects but he admired how his players found a way to win.

He said: “For long periods we weren’t great.

“We were disappointing and I didn’t see any real urgency about us in the first half. We were better in the second half but not by a lot. However, in Mohsni we had a matchwinner.

“That wasn’t the level of performance we were looking for but they found a way to win again. That is a great habit to get into.

“There have been great teams here in the past that haven’t played well but found a way to win. That’s really important.”

Ayr boss Mark Roberts said: “We deserved something. In the first half we were brave in the way we defended and passed it.

“On another day we could have scored three in the first half but to lose two goals from set-pieces was disappointing.”

Roberts was involved in a touchline flare-up with Gers goal hero Mohsni but the Ayr boss played down the incident, saying: “I couldn’t understand a word he was saying.

“He kept throwing the ball to me – I thought we were playing basketball. I just gave him the ball back but he couldn’t catch it. But he had the last laugh.”

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers boss Ally McCoist set for budget showdown with chief executive Graham Wallace

Meanwhile, McCoist admitted Rangers’ display last night wasn’t up to the standard he expects but he admired how his players found a way to win.

He said: “For long periods we weren’t great.

That would be the last two years (tu)

Should be a short meeting.

Oh what do you know the fannies are rejecting it out of hand, well I never.

We'll hear on Friday then the renewal deadline is about 11 days later I think. No chance people need more time than that to decide unless their minds are actually already made up.

We'll hear on Friday then the renewal deadline is about 11 days later I think. No chance people need more time than that to decide unless their minds are actually already made up.

Didn't even know they had another leaflet last night, take it was the usual rubbish filled with half truths and downright lies.

Didn't even know they had another leaflet last night, take it was the usual rubbish filled with half truths and downright lies.

Yep, I saw it only because one of the guys that I sit with was daft enough to take one, they were getting handed out right outside my turnstile.

Nice comment as well about how we need to think is our seat more important than the club bla bla.

The players refused to take a 15% wage cut so exactly where does Ally think he is getting money from. We have to get rid of a lot of players before being able to bring more in and even at that I would not give Ally a penny for anymore as he is proving to only make players worse.

For those on auto renew like myself you have to inform the club in writing by Monday 28th if you want to cone off it, so that in fact does give little time to make your mind up to be honest. Although I'll be renewing anyway there must be plenty that are unsure about it.

Yep, I saw it only because one of the guys that I sit with was daft enough to take one, they were getting handed out right outside my turnstile.

Nice comment as well about how we need to think is our seat more important than the club bla bla.

Well if we don't back the club we might not have a seat to sit in period, not the sharpest tools in the box are they.

For those on auto renew like myself you have to inform the club in writing by Monday 28th if you want to cone off it, so that in fact does give little time to make your mind up to be honest. Although I'll be renewing anyway there must be plenty that are unsure about it.

Just cancel your auto renew it doesn't mean your not taking your seat, then renew on deadline day.

Just cancel your auto renew it doesn't mean your not taking your seat, then renew on deadline day.

Only problem with that is, from how I read it on the email is that if your signed up to the 4 payment plan via atuo renew you still got to do it through the club, but if you cancelled and renewed at a later date you no longer had that option and had to use zebra finance, which could put people off due to passing the credit scoring.

McCoist is a cheque book Manager (excuse the pun) he has no idea how to build a team from scratch as we could have blended the youth talent and given them time with a mix of the SPL pros... McAusland, Gasparatto, McKay, Hemming's, the team should have been built around McLeod , Ally has gave Aird the most games out them all. The development of alot of the players has to be questioned, yet all Ally wants is a budget to buy more pish.

I wouldn't give him anything.

I'd be telling him to pick from the youth squad and if he wants to buy new players then he can sell some of the useless idiots we have already. Sell a few players and bring in one good player. Need the trim down and strengthen this first team.

If any current players want to get their contracts renewed (not sure who's are ending in summer) then they need to accept a wage cut or they can just leave.

are u just purposefully obtuse or just thick? its been explained to you time and again. those who want to pay in 4 installments have until the 28th.

It would be silly to give Ally any huge amount of money to spend just to 'prove' to the fans that we are doing well, when it's obvious to the fans that we're not, with or without any review tricks. Ally should be told he can sign more players, Bosman's once he gets rid of all the dead wood in the squad.