Confidence boost

AlBear.

Regardless of tactics and formation there are certain players in that squad that have no excuse for not stepping up and being counted.

Macloed showed a bit of that last night, "I don't care where I play, I'll take this game by the scruff of the neck and ragdoll the shit out of it".

Regardless of tactics and formation there are certain players in that squad that have no excuse for not stepping up and being counted.

Macloed showed a bit of that last night, "I don't care where I play, I'll take this game by the scruff of the neck and ragdoll the shit out of it".

(tu) Something we've been needing to happen for a while now.

As much as it's McCoist's fault for team selections/formations, I sometimes players would realise themselves it's not working & change things.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7477-confidence-is-coming-back

Boyd saying the goals and performance against Clyde will give the players the added confidence to push on this season.

I really hope it does....last night (opposition aside). Was much much better and proved we are capable of playing high intensity expansive football. The issue is in the past two seasons we have had performances like that but they have been isolated followed by mediocracy (or worse) we have to use last night as a springboard.

(tu) Something we've been needing to happen for a while now.

As much as it's McCoist's fault for team selections/formations, I sometimes players would realise themselves it's not working & change things.

thing is sometimes it requires a benhcing or subbing before a player thinks "ive been honking"

MacLeod took some heavy flak on here for his performance on friday night, most was probably right in terms of his own performance, perhaps he seen that backlash (not just on here) and thought "i better get my finger out"

Other players will require more drastic action, when Ian Black walked right back into the team last season after the betting scandal, his ego got so big he now thinks he's Mr Maestro strolling about the midfield like he's some sort of world class player

Nicky Law is the same, he seem to think that everyone else is there to do the dirty work for him, tracking back etc

We could do with another few youngsters getting game time before the ego's of the team, hopefully give them a boot up the arse, and thats where Ally comes in, he needs to take the decision and drop them, if not he sends the wrong message

thing is sometimes it requires a benhcing or subbing before a player thinks "ive been honking"

MacLeod took some heavy flak on here for his performance on friday night, most was probably right in terms of his own performance, perhaps he seen that backlash (not just on here) and thought "i better get my finger out"

Other players will require more drastic action, when Ian Black walked right back into the team last season after the betting scandal, his ego got so big he now thinks he's Mr Maestro strolling about the midfield like he's some sort of world class player

Nicky Law is the same, he seem to think that everyone else is there to do the dirty work for him, tracking back etc

We could do with another few youngsters getting game time before the ego's of the team, hopefully give them a boot up the arse, and thats where Ally comes in, he needs to take the decision and drop them, if not he sends the wrong message

Agree with all of that mate! (tu)

I really hope it does....last night (opposition aside). Was much much better and proved we are capable of playing high intensity expansive football. The issue is in the past two seasons we have had performances like that but they have been isolated followed by mediocracy (or worse) we have to use last night as a springboard.

You're right. The difference now is, besides the Clyde game, these first few games should show the players that there's no coasting this season. Past 2 years they could get away with it and still get wins. Now they need to see that this season is an audition for next season.

Monday's performance was the standard needed every week. No doubt there will be plenty games where we face organised, defensive teams most weeks but we have to adapt to that. Throughout history Rangers teams have had to work hard to break down teams eager not to lose and in that situation all a fan can ask is players give their all and look desperate to live up to the standards we've created over history.

We all hope that that performance is not just a wake up call for this season but a slap in the face that performances for the last 2 years and beyond need to be improved every week.

After that game the teams just parked the bus. Ally never figured out how to break that down. I wonder if teams will park the bus this season?

Teams only did that to prevent a 6 or 7 goal mauling.

This season the teams think they can actually beat us or draw....so I don't see any team in this league 'parking the bus'.

Teams only did that to prevent a 6 or 7 goal mauling.

This season the teams think they can actually beat us or draw....so I don't see any team in this league 'parking the bus'.

Indeed. I'm hopeful that with this new found confidence of ours we give a few teams a mauling if they try to attack us.

We won 8-0 quite early on last season and never really pushed on

first four in that game were from headers --- I enjoyed the goals versus Clyde for the fact the all came along the ground....... a small thing I know but the way we have played recently I'll take every positive on offer.

first four in that game were from headers --- I enjoyed the goals versus Clyde for the fact the all came along the ground....... a small thing I know but the way we have played recently I'll take every positive on offer.

Boyd's 2nd was sublime. It is hopefully a sign of things to come.

Actually enjoyed most of the goals especially wee Lewis bending that shot onto the top corner. Nothing in the performance top be negative about, though some will try.

All the goals were great (apart from Aird who scuffed it in). If Macleod can add goals to his game (which he seems to be doing) he'll be a huge player for us in the coming years. I think it is vital we build a team around him.